rose

where flowers bloom (so does love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* * *


 

The twinkling of chimes from the front of the store has Yoongi freezing in his spot, a rose clutched in each hand.

 

He can see his aunt raise an eyebrow at him from the corner of his eye but he chooses to ignore her. Instead, he busies himself with the roses in front of him and prays that it's not Jimin.

 

It’s Jimin. Of course it’s Jimin. It’s 12:10 pm and the universe hates Min Yoongi and his sanity (or what’s left of it).

 

As Jimin steps up from behind the rose mountain Yoongi feels his breath catch.

 

Jimin’s wearing a pair of ripped blue jeans with a white long sleeved shirt that covers his hands, pink hair ruffled and shining ethereally against the white. Jimin, as always, is effortlessly beautiful. Somehow, he looks especially soft and adorable today yet Yoongi can’t stop himself from taking an extra long look at the exposed skin of his thighs. Good god those thighs. (Yoongi has way too many dreams about those thighs.)

 

A whisper next to him has Yoongi jolting out of his (indecent) thoughts. “Min Yoongi are you possibly crushing on sunshine Jimin?”

 

Yoongi groans as he leans away from his aunt and whispers back, “of course not!”

 

There’s a strange and quite worrying glint in his aunt's eyes and Yoongi hopes she doesn’t do something. It never ends up well for him. Last time she got this look in her eyes, Yoongi had been unable to leave the house for days.

 

“Auntie!!” Jimin screams out as he finally notices them, whole face lighting up as a wide smile emerges on his face.

 

“Jiminnie!! How are you sweetie?” Yoongi’s aunt leans over the counter and ruffles Jimin’s hair affectionately.

 

“I’m great! How are you?”

 

“I’m doing much better now. Yoongi here is taking good care of me.” She ruffles Yoongi’s hair now and Jimin giggles so cutely at the action that Yoongi finds that he doesn’t mind.

 

“So what brings you here today? Does Tae need some flowers again?” His aunt leans in and winks at Jimin. The other boy giggles at the action and Yoongi’s left utterly confused.

 

“Nope. Not for Tae this time. It’s actually for me.” A faint blush appears on Jimin’s cheeks and Yoongi feels the ugly feeling crawl back into his stomach.

 

“Oooo. Does Jimin have a special someone like Yoongi?” His aunt smirks again, looking back at Yoongi and grinning wider when she sees the dark blush spreading across the boy’s face.

 

“What the hell!” Yoongi practically screams, glaring at his aunt. He totally saw this coming and yet he was so not ready.

 

“A special someone? Like a crush?” Jimin questions in a small voice that has Yoongi groaning into his hands.

 

“No.” He mumbles into his hands before stalking away into the back.

 

He comes back a couple minutes later (after sulking to the flowers in the back) with Jimin’s bouquet in his hands.

 

“You told me to do whatever and since this is your second chance I chose this…” He trails off as he gently places the bouquet in front of Jimin.

 

The boy stares at the bouquet so quietly that Yoongi starts to get nervous. It’s a simple and delicate arrangement of pink camellias and baby breaths. It reminds him a lot of the boy holding it.

 

From the corner of his eye, he can see his aunt staring at him widely. Finally catching on to the meaning of the bouquet and Yoongi’s predicament. The bouquet is a display of Yoongi’s heart. Longing and everlasting love.

 

“This is beautiful hyung.” Jimin finally looks up at him, eyes disappearing with the force of his smile and Yoongi smiles back just as hard. (The pain in his heart is still there but if Jimin’s happy he finds that it’s bearable.)

 

“It’s nothing special. Good luck again.” And this time Yoongi feels that he means it. Jimin deserves to find someone who makes him happy.

 

“Thank you.” Jimin looks down at the flowers again and Yoongi waits for him to walk out. But the boy keeps on standing there. He looks lost in thought and Yoongi doesn’t know what to do.

 

He turns to his aunt to ask for help only to find her gone. So much for that.

 

With a small sigh, Yoongi reaches out and gently places his hand on Jimin’s shoulder.

 

The touch has the other boy jumping slightly, looking up at Yoongi with wide eyes.

 

Yoongi smiles softly to him before muttering, “uhh...you should maybe...like go ask now?”

 

“Oh. Yeah. I should.” Jimin mumbles back before staring back down at the flowers. However he doesn’t move and Yoongi’s really, really confused.

 

Once he realizes the boy isn’t going to move anytime soon he speaks out again. “Jimin. Are you okay?”

 

Jimin refuses to look up at him. Instead, he mumbles into the flowers, voice strangely strained, “perfectly fine. Just peachy.”

 

This has Yoongi rolling his eyes because he sounds the exact opposite of peachy.

 

“If it’s about the confession don’t be nervous. Anyone would be lucky to have someone like you confess to them.”

 

At Yoongi’s words, Jimin finally looks up, a look akin to hope in his eyes as he asks, “someo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter