sunflower

where flowers bloom (so does love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* * *


 

“She’ll go into surgery first thing in the morning.”

 

Yoongi nods robotically as the doctor continues speaking. He knows he should listen more carefully but he can’t do or think much with the ringing in his ears.

 

The doctor must sense Yoongi’s fear because he abruptly stops and puts a hand on Yoongi’s shoulder. It’s warm and comforting, Yoongi feels himself unwinding just the slightest.

 

With a soft smile Dr. Kim continues, “I know it’s scary Mr. Min but this is the best option and the success rate is very high.”

 

“Just Yoongi is fine.” Yoongi replies with a small smile of his own. “And...I knew that she would have to eventually...just not this early. They said she had at least another 3 months last week…” Yoongi trails off with a frown.

 

“The cysts are progressing faster than initially expected and the fainting spell today isn’t a good sign.” The grimace on Yoongi’s face has Dr. Kim squeezing his shoulder again. “Also we’ve found a great kidney match so it’s best to carry on with the transplant as soon as possible before her body weakens.”

 

Yoongi nods in understanding. The idea of his aunt going into surgery scares him more than he can put into words but he can’t risk losing her either.

 

Dr. Kim squeezes his shoulder once more before exiting the room.

 

With a sigh, Yoongi sags into the chair next to the bed and gently picks up his sleeping aunt's hand. It’s warm and comforting to the touch and Yoongi feels tears pool in his eyes. He grips tighter.

 

He can’t lose her.

 

“Don’t worry so much Yoongi-bear. It’s not a good look on you.”

 

Yoongi lets out a shaky laugh at the comment as tears begin falling down his cheeks. The last thing he sees before he puts his head down onto the bed is the soft look on his aunt's face, so full of love it hurts his heart even more.

 

He feels her hands softly card through his hair as he cries. It helps him stay grounded when he feels like his heart is being ripped out of his chest. It’s been a long time since he felt like this and Yoongi had wished, prayed, that he would never have to feel like this again.

 

“Oh you big baby, what am I going to do with you?” The fondness in his aunt’s voice is unmistakable and it makes him cry even harder.

 

“Don’t worry sweetheart. I won’t be leaving you anytime soon. I still need to meet that sweet boy who stole your heart. And you still have to show me all those songs you secretly work on. And there’s so much I still need to teach you about flowers. And there’s so much I promised your mom sweety. So how could I possibly leave you now?”

 

By now his aunt’s crying too and Yoongi holds onto her tightly, face tucked into her neck.

 

“You won’t leave me like mom and dad right?” It’s been years and Yoongi hates how small h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter