Five

Unexpectedly Inlove

 

DARA POV:

 

I didn't bother asking him again why his waiting outside since he will just gonna call me assuming he will reason out that he just came by and saw me who looks like a lost puppy that's why he isn't waiting for me. 

 

"Where are we going?" 

 

I ask since I don't have any idea where are we heading. I've been here before but that was too long ago and I was young back then so my memories of Jeju is a blur. 

 

"Aren't you hungry? 

 

A loud growl came out from my stomach and Jiyong could only laugh. 

 

"Let's go and eat some food then." I could only nod and be embarrassed. Though I can't see my face right now I know for sure that it's red since I can feel the heat of my face so I look away so Jiyong won't notice it. 

 

"Have you tried eating a black pork?" He asked and I look at him confused.

 

"Black pork? Is that even yummy the pork is color black?" I innocently ask. I don't have any idea about black pork all I know is the pink and white meat. Jiyong could only laugh at my question. 

 

"Silly, not literally black. It's a high-quality meat. You should try it." And that earns my curiosity. 

 

As we arrived at the restaurant there are lots of tourists visited the restaurant. I must say it's really popular, I swallow hard when I saw the food on the table. I'm very hungry and my stomachs keep complaining. After Jiyong finishes telling the waitress our order he notices me and smirked.

 

"You didn't eat your breakfast, don't you?"

 

"Yeah. I was late when I woke up." I'm not used skipping my meals especially breakfast that's why my little dragons inside my stomach are complaining. 

 

"Jiyong!" I heard a woman from my back shouts his name so I look back. 

 

She went near unto our table as he approaches Jiyong. She has the same height like me and she has a bright smile.

 

"Hey, Taeyeon," Jiyong called her name and I shifted my gaze from the other side ignoring their reunion time. 

 

"When did you arrived? You didn't even send me a message that you're in town." I could only shiver how she makes her voice sound so flirty, I could never do that. 

 

"I'm sorry I was really busy. By the way, this is Sandara." I heard he calls my name so I look into her and I can see her bitter smile. 

 

"Hi, I'm Jiyong's friend," I said and I can see how her eyes brighten when she heard me I'm just a friend. 

 

"I must go now, give me call Jiyong. I'll wait for you."

 

After Taeyeon talk to us like forever our order arrived which lifts up my spirit from being bored hearing her annoying voice. 

 

"Now you're not bored anymore" I look at him and glared his killing my moment appreciating the food. 

 

"Who wouldn't I get bored when all I heard is her annoying voice. I wonder why girls like her make a sound like that." 

 

"What sound?" He asks as if I was not making any sense. 

 

"I'm must go now, give me a call Jiyong. I'll wait for you." I imitate Taeyeon's voice which makes me cringe hearing myself talking like that. 

 

"Are you jealous?" he asks with scrutinizing eyes which chokes me.

 

"Me? Jealous? With her? Because of you? Hahaha" I laugh so hard as if I heard the lamest joke of the year which earns every eye of the restaurant. 

 

He could only bow his head because of embarrassment with my loud laugh and not so girly laugh. I can't believe he would think that.

 

"Let's see where your laughs going, don't blame me if you'll fall in love with me," he said it with convictions which stops me from laughing. 

 

I roll my eyes and ignore what he said to me. It's impossible for me to fall in love with him his not my type, Donghae Oppa is my type the good boy not the bad boy type like him. 

 

"Never! You're not even my type." I said while eating the pork barbecue that he cooked. He could only shake his head looking at me while munching the food. 

 

I put my hands on my stomach as I finished the last bite of the black pork samgyeopsal belly. Jiyong is telling the truth that it's delicious and a must try if you visit Jeju island. 

 

"I never thought that you could eat like a man, look at your small body. Amazing." He looks amazed looking at the table and the food that I finished

 

"Yah! Is that a compliment? Why do I feel like I'm being insulted." 

 

"You do realize that you're with a guy and can you sit like a woman?" he said while looking at the people. 

 

"Yeah, why would I care what people think of me. I'm tired minding what they think of me. Since I'm in a different place I'll act what I want since I don't know them." 

 

Yes, I'm tired of pretending. Since I was young I was thought to act prim and proper. I was thought to act to please the people that surround me. And I learned to act and pretend that I'm fine even when I'm not. 

 

Jiyong notices my shift mood so I smile at him and brushes off the feeling that I felt. I decided to enjoy my vacation and forget all the painful thoughts. 

 

"Okay. I have a deal." He blurts out of nowhere.

 

"Deal? What deal?" I ask.

 

"Let's stop pretending and act free while we're here. Forget all the problems that you left behind and live a life like you want to live" I frown, but understanding what he meant makes me smile and nod in agreement.

 

"Deal then." 

 

For the first time in two years, I felt relieved, Jiyong showed me different destination here in Jeju and I could only smile and be amazed at the view. 

 

Now we're in the park waiting for the sunset to come we sit down and feel the breeze of the air. I grab my phone and take pictures of a tall grass which is really beautiful. If Chearin is here my phone will be full of pictures of us.

 

I was snapped when I heard a click of a picture and I saw an old man smiled at us and pass us by. I was about to ask if he took a picture without a permit but I just let it slide. 

 

"It's too beautiful not to take a picture." He grabs my phone and takes a picture of us which took me by surprise. 

 

"Here save this. I look handsome here." as conceited as he is I roll my eyes and check the picture. 

 

It's true he looks handsome while me I look stupid whose staring at him and frowning. 

 

He lies down on the grass and I look at my surroundings, most of the people who are in here are couples which makes me conscious. I look again at him he seems in a deep sleep. 

 

An idea pop into my mind. I took his phone which he places on his side and took a picture while he's sleeping. I giggle since he didn't notice it. 

 

He must be very tired since he didn't notice my prank. His lips are half open, I can't see his eyes since he covers it with his arms. 

 

"If you stare like that you'll fall hard for me." I blink and look away from him. I didn't notice that I was staring at him and I was shy to admit it, it might add up to his big ego. 

 

He settles himself and sits down beside me as we look at the sun sets down, I took my phone from my bag and took a picture. It's too beautiful not to capture it and when I look at him I saw him hiding his phone away from me which makes me frown. 

 

"Don't worry I won't steal your phone don't hide it as if I'm going to steal it." 

 

"Just making sure." He smirked and put his phone in his pocket. Just great, I roll my eyes and look away from him.

 

Silence, even if we keep bickering he gave me the space that I'm looking. He sits down and let me invade my privacy, this is what I normally do when I go on vacation. I inhale the wind that brushes my skin and let it feel.

 

"Why are you scared of ghost Dara?" I look at his eyes and all I could see is sincerity which is different from the Jiyong that I know that is full of arrogance, I sigh and look down and watch my hands in my lap.

 

"Sometimes telling it to someone makes it easier." I didn't utter a word. I clench my hands and sigh.

 

"I did, I trust someone but she fails to keep it," I said remembering how my best friend betrayed me and tell my stories to other people for the benefits of fame.

 

I never thought that she loathed me, I thought we were okay but I was wrong she hated me. She hated how I got more attention and how the guy that she likes like me. It hurts like hell, it's better to be betrayed by the enemies than the people you trusted most.

 

"There's no harm in trying to trust again someone." He said while looking at me.

 

"Yeah, How I wish it could that be easy," I said and look away from him.

 

"I was young when my mom died in an accident." I look at him and be shock from his confession. He smiles as if it's the easiest words he utter.


"We were going to an amusement park, my mom and I, my father wasn't able to come since he was too busy running our company. We were in a backseat and happy singing our favorite song when a truck crushes our car. All I could remember is how my mom hugs me tightly and save me. When I woke up they gave me the bad news that it was the last day burial of my mom."

 

I was shocked with his confession who would have thought that someone like him who act happy and arrogant has experienced a heartache like that. He smiles at me and looks at the serene view.

 

"The bad thing is my mom left me as well as my dad. He didn't take it, he loves my mom so dearly, he took away his life and I was left alone." I didn't utter a word and feel sorry for judging him so badly.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that." 

 

"You shouldn't feel sorry, when they're gone I realize that there are lots of people care for me, I had my grandma and I had my best friend Donghae." I smile hearing his name. Never thought that they have a deep friendship and it makes me amazed at the things that I know from him.

 

"Just like me Dara, You have Cherin, she nags at you because she truly cares for you. Trust her. If you can't trust me by sharing your stories why not give her a chance to trust her and tell her your truth."

 

I swallowed hearing those words from him, I know his right that I've got Cherin even in a small amount she showed me that I can trust her and she protected me like her own sister in the best way that she can. And I have my nanny whose always there for me and never leave me when everyone turns their back on me.

 

"It's hard to tell a story when everyone can't understand it."  I look away from his stare.

 

"Then please do enlighten me." I can feel his sincerity, but I choose not to tell, Not until I am sure who I am and what I am. And not until I have the courage to tell everyone who I really am and where do I came from.

 

I stand up when I realize that it's getting dark, he follows and just nods at me understanding my decision to keep quiet and never tell my stories. I'm too young to think about it I'm here to enjoy and forget all the pain and problems in my head.

 

"Let's go? It's getting late." I said and walk ahead from him and went to his car where he parks it. I waited for him until he unlocks his car and I get in.

 

The drive going home is filled with silence I don't how many minutes will it takes before we arrive but I enjoy myself looking at the stars. It's beautiful unlike in the city there are so many stars in the sky that you can see. I smile looking at it and continued to be amazed. 

 

After how many minutes we arrive at my hotel, I unbuckle my seatbelts and look at him whose silently looking at me. After the talk at the park, nobody utters a word I can't even start a conversation with him because I felt uncomfortable.

 

"Thanks for today, I really enjoy it." I smile at him

 

"My pleasure." I was about to get out of his car when he stops me.

 

"If you want someone to talk to I'm here Dara." I sigh and just nod at him. Without saying a word I get off in his car. He starts the engine and looks at me.

 

"Good night! See you tomorrow." And with that, he left me astounded. Tomorrow, we're going to meet again without even asking me, a smile crept onto my lips and I start walking inside my hotel with my heart beating fast.