Four

Unexpectedly Inlove

DARA POV:

 

After dinner at Chearin's house, I went home straight. They offer to send me home but I refused I was too shy to accept their offer after crying in front of them. 

 

Nobody asks about where's my family Chearin tried to ask but I keep quiet and never answered her back. I know it's unfair to her especially that she's my bestfriend and she shares everything with me. But it's too hard for me to open up to someone especially if it's about my family.

 

I did it before with my ex bestfriend but she used it against me when we had a fight which is one of the reasons why I choose to change school. That's why it scares me to share about a personal problem to others because I don't want to repeat what happened before. 

 

"you're home. Did you eat already?" my nanny welcomed me with a concerned face.

 

I nod and never utter a word I get inside into my room and put away all the things on the floor. These past few days is a torture I'm becoming so emotional. Because of tiredness I slump my body unto the bed and slowly closes my eyes and be in a deep slumber. 

 

I woke up because of the loud ring of my phone. I pick it up and look for the caller, it was Chearin and a sigh escape from my mouth and press the answer button. 

 

"Dara' we're going on a vacation come join us." 

 

I smile and was about to say yes but I remember I already have plans for this sembreak no not my plan actually their plans.

 

Every vacation they will send me to different places thinking that they will fill the emptiness in my heart that they can't give. 

 

"I'm sorry Chearin, ah, but I have plans already for this vacation." 

 

I can hear that she sigh on the line and it's obvious that she's quite disappointed from the sound of her voice. 

 

"Really, if it's about last night don't worry. I won't ask anymore." I smiled at the thought she cares for me.

 

"no, it's not that. My family already book me for a vacation. That's why."

 

"Really? If that's so. I'm happy for you. Enjoy your vacation with your family. I have to go, mom is calling me." 

 

I didn't answer her I just nod and didn't react. Fact is every time my family will send me on a vacation I will be alone. I always had a choice not to go, but something inside me hoping that they'll show up and be with me. 

 

I got up and go down to the dining room. My nanny is finished preparing my food so I sat down and eat it silently. She smiles at me while looking at me intently. 

 

"I already pack your things, are you ready?" 

 

"Thank you. Instead of sending me to different countries to make me happy why don't they visit me?" 

 

"You should understand them, Dara. You know that they care for you right?" she asked with a concern eyes. 

 

"until when should I live a life like this?" tears are forming in my eyes because of the sadness that I felt deep in my heart. Sometimes I get jealous of people whose in my age they have their parents to run to when everything is not fine.

 

My nanny didn't answer my question just like her she doesn't know when I'm going to see them, no certainties at all. After the accident that happened years ago they sent me away from them, away from their sights and away from the people who know me.

 

After eating my breakfast I check my luggage that my nanny packed if everything I needed is already there, though I know she knows what I needed. I'm the type of a person who likes to double check so everything will be fine. 

 

As soon as I finished checking my things I took the ticket that oppa gave to me when he visited me he leave it in my drawer along with the note which he usually does when he pays me a visit. Now, I'm going to Jeju Island spend my vacation. I've been there when I was young with my family, now I'm going alone which makes my heart sunk again. 

 

"Are you ready? The driver is waiting for you." 

 

"Yes,". My nanny brings my luggage as we go down and she put it in the car. We have a driver but I don't usually use it since my school is near in our house and I prefer walking than riding a car. So my nanny usually uses it everytime she's going to buy something for our stocks in our house.

 

Now I'm on the plane looking at my seat the flight attendant helps me when she notices that I was confused with my ticket as soon as she checks my ticket she immediately gave me my seat number which I gladly give her my gratitude she smiles and helps me put my luggage. 

 

I settled down and notices the man whose beside me sleeping, he seems familiar but I can't see his face since his eyes are covered with sunglasses and he's wearing a mask. I ignore him and put my headset on and play my favorite music on not realizing my eyes are falling and put me to sleep.

 

I feel like someone is brushing off my hair away from my face which makes me smile and remember how my oppa do that everytime my hair covers my face when I sleep. I slowly open my eyes and was shocked when I realize that my head is hanging on someone's shoulder so I snapped and look at the person whose beside me which surprise me.

 

"I thought, you won't wake up anymore." A smirked came to his lips which makes me embarrassed. 

 

"Then why don't you leave instead of waiting for me to wake up." I snapped out and rolled my eyes. I know he saves me twice already but sometimes his arrogance makes me wanna hate him.

 

Jiyong just laughs at me as if I was a clown who entertains him and make him laugh. I stand up and reach for my luggage but it wasn't easy for me since I am short and then it's too high for me another smirk again from him. He stands up and got my luggage easily.

 

I grab my luggage and turn my back on him sometimes I wish he would just look down so I won't be able to see his arrogant face though he got a handsome face that I do admit that is vitamins to everyone's eyes. I brush off my thoughts, why do I think that his handsome? I ask myself silently.

 

"Is that how you say thank you, Dara?" I look back and see he is at my back following me.

 

"Why are you following?" I asked while I glared at him.

 

"Uhm. as you know Dara we are heading on the exit and I'm not following you. I didn't know that you're actually assuming."  I just glared at him and continued my pace heading to the exit I can sense that he's looking at me while humming a song and it makes me conscious. 

 

I was waiting for my service to fetch me and bring me to the hotel that I'm going to stay, it's been 15 minutes yet no one showed up which makes me frustrated. I check my phone to call the hotel but it was no battery, I was about to throw it when a hand stops me.

 

"Oops, Throwing things is not a good habit." Jiyong stops me, and I grab my hand away from him.

 

"Where are you heading? I can give you a lift." He asked and I sigh looking at my surroundings I was too tired to say no since all I ever think is to lie down on my bed. Jiyong getting my decision he helps me carrying my luggage and put it on his car.

 

I told him that I'm staying at the Shilla Jeju hotel and surprisingly he stays near at the hotel which is more convenient for the both of us. I glance at him and watch how he drives and I can tell that he really know this place which makes me think maybe he always visit this place.

 

"You seem very familiar with this place," I ask trying to break out the awkward atmosphere.

 

"Of course, I was practically live here and grow up in this place." I was shocked knowing about it and makes me nod. It's not obvious that a city boy like him actually lives in a rural place. I wonder what his life looks like.

 

Another awkward atmosphere which makes me conscious as much as I want to feel comfortable around him he makes it worst and I don't have a choice since he gave me a lift and I'm riding on his car, so I settled shutting my mouth and look outside and appreciate the scenery.

 

Breathtakingly beautiful, that's what all I can say. Looking at the scenery makes me appreciate life if only they're here everything will be perfect and I think I will be the happiest person alive, but it's too much to ask so I close my eyes and let the wind dry out my tears.

 

"We're here." 

 

I looked at him and I can see the uncertainties in his eyes while looking at me, just like my family look at me the last time I saw them and it makes my heart ache. I looked away from him remembering my family.

 

"Thanks for the lift," I said without looking at him to avoid him.

 

"If you've got nothing to do, I can tour you in this place." I smile at his kindness. But I shake my head refusing his offer, it's tempting but I like to be alone. I get out on his car and grab my luggage. He nods at me and was about to say another word but he stops himself and waves his hand as he turns on the engine and runs his car.

 

I look at his car, it's Lamborghini I don't have any idea about him but seeing him driving that car at the very young age makes me conclude that he came from a rich family just like I am. The difference is he got his family and me, I don't know if I have one.

 

The hotel staff welcomes me and ask for forgiveness since they failed to fetch me on time, I didn't bother to complain since I'm already in the hotel. I checked in and they gave me the keys to my room.

 

As I walked into my room I look at the surroundings and It's quite big I put all my staff and look at the terrace and I can see the beautiful scenery of Jeju Island. A knock came and my senses have woken up from my deep thoughts.

 

I open the door and it was an attendant who delivers the food that I ask when I was in the lobby I smiled and say thank you after he settles everything.

 

"I hope you enjoy your food ma'am."

 

"Thanks." I smiled and enjoyed the food I didn't realize that it was already late for my dinner that's why I was too hungry to make a conversation with anyone. after I finish my food I decided to charge my phone and prepare to go to bed just like I do at home.

 

I woke up with the sun rays on my face. I smile seeing the beautiful view outside it gives me a peaceful mind. I stand up and stretch my hands, I don't know but seeing a beautiful scene makes me feel in a good mood.

 

When I finish taking a shower I look at my luggage and look for the clothes that I'm going to wear. I don't really have any idea what should I do today so I just grab the clothes whatever it is and wear it, and I choose a floral dress mid-thigh, I look myself at the mirror and satisfied with my look.

 

I look around at the lobby and see what's good in it but I fail since I look like a puppy lost in her senses, I don't have any idea where and what should I do. What I know is I have a good day and I like to go out.

 

I was walking in the lobby until I saw a man outside standing beside his Lamborghini while looking so manly, I don't know how old is he but he looks so manly the way he stands up and dresses up.

 

"Like what you're looking." Jiyong smirk like he usually do and it makes my heart beat fast looking at him standing looking at me intently. 

 

It took my breath away and ask myself why do I feel this way it's too foreign for me and it makes me scared.