Chapter 4: You

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun woke up in a very familiar place. Head still spinning, knees throbbing, body unbearably aching, the night was cold and dark. Dahyun tried to remember how she got there. She remembered running. Running away with tears flowing. Then she remembered pain.

 

-

She searched around her expecting she’ll find something or rather someone with her, but to her surprise she found none.

 

 

 

Dahyun remembers the place. The place she wants to forget.  The place she’d rather bury in the depths of her mind.

The place where she killed him.

 

“ this.” Tears starting to form in her already soring eyes. Everything’s starting to fall. Her world is collapsing with her.

 

I’m sorry Sana. I’m so so sorry.

 

Head resting against the cold wall, Dahyun stared at the shining stars that touched the tips of the tall buildings above her.

 

She thinks of Sana. Her stunning tear-stained eyes that shines just like that under the moonlight. She remembers her pleasant laughs at her corny jokes, she remembers her perfectly curved lips the moment she says “I love you”, she remembers her sweet kisses that never fail to summon flocks of butterflies in her stomach. And her clumsiness that makes Dahyun fall for her even more.

 

She remember it all. She remembered Sana. Sana being the light in her darkness.

 

 

 

“W-why?!” Dahyun screamed into the nothingness in front of her. “Out of all the people, why him?!”

Dahyun lets her tears flow like it’s the only thing she could do.

 

“Out of all the ing people in this goddamn world…”

 

 

 

 

 

“Why her?”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

The number you have dialed is-

 

“ARGHHHH!!”

 

It has been her 23rd call for the day and probably the hundredth this week. The girl on the other line hasn’t answered a single one. Sana tossed her phone in her bed rather harshly. It has been a week since she last heard of Dahyun. At first, Sana didn’t mind her unanswered calls. Probably Dahyun’s just busy with her work. 2 days passed, then 3 days, still Sana didn’t mind. But now it has been a week, Sana’s starting to have a bad feeling.

 

“Where on earth are you?”

 

She mentally cursed herself for not knowing the location of Dahyun’s house. They have been together for a couple of months now but Dahyun had never taken her to her home nor even mentioned it.

 

Sana started to panic. Thoughts keeps running in her mind. Did Dahyun already left her? Did Dahyun grew tired of her that she just left without a word?

 

“No. no. Dahyun wouldn’t do that.”

 

The girl had been pacing back and forth in her room for who knows how long already.

What if she’s kidnapped? Or worse… What if she’s killed? Should I call the police?

 

Frustrations starting to build up in Sana. ”Think Sana. Think.”

Sana started to recall her conversations with Dahyun. She did mention what her work was and it was just blocks away from the park.

 

The girl reached for her phone. She started searching for a certain publication company building near the park.

 

“Seoul times…”

She hurri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter