shocking events

War room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taekwoon opened the door; there was standing a not so tall thin man with a big grey bag on his shoulder.

“Is this Jung Taekwoon?” the guy asked and Taekwoon nodded.

“Here is your letter, from … Colonel Lee Hongbin. Please sign here.” The man said and pulled out a list for Takewoon to sign; he signed and thanked the man.

“I forgot to tell you this, if you want to write a letter for the army, I’ll be getting them from national Security Building, write the name and I’ll be taking it next Monday.” The guy said and bid Taekwoon goodbye.

Taekwoon closed the door and looked at the envelope in his hand, he was well familiar with Hongbin’s handwriting, he brushed his finger on his own name and address on the envelope, it was all shaky that made him to sigh really deep, he swallowed the lump in his throat and opened the envelope with so much effort, he was so worried that something might happen to the letter, finally he opened it and took a look.

To my dearest Taekwoon!

How are you doing? Do you miss me? Of course you would, there is no one in the world that would be ok being apart from me, hahaa.

When General Cha said that we are able to send our families letter, I was so happy, and I could send only one letter and I thought… maybe you need to know about me more than my family members, you know how they are…

There are so many brave people here, you should get to know them one by one, I actually found my hero here, General Kim, and do you remember him? He is the one who had a leg injury months ago and refused to get a treat in Seoul and he preferred getting back to frontline. He is the nicest man in the world “Don’t be jealous” he is like a big brother to me and teaches me everything, you should see his best friend; his name is Jaehwan and he is a so called head doctor here, he acts like there is nothing wrong and I can’t really get him sometimes, Hakyeon hyung says he turned like this after his sister died in the field, he has this motivation that life isn’t worth taking it seriously.

I guess he is right, who knows what is going to happen in next few minutes and as much as I want to ignore it, I’m so afraid Taekwoon, I’m feeling that every second is the end for me … do you remember our training days? It’s nothing like that … people are so much kinder and things are wilder.

I'm really trying to make sure you can keep your promise about my safety. I miss you so much and please take care of yourself.                                                                                                                                                              

                                                                                                                                With love Hongbin

 

Taekwoon was reading and shedding his tears, he was thinking about how stupid he was to not lock Hongbin in the house stupidly letting him go. He was so devastated but he remembered his promise and got ready heading to the main building.

It’s been almost two weeks from the day that Hongbin has joined the army; he was cleaning his gun when Wonshik sat beside him. “What’s wrong buddy?” He asked making Hongbin to look at him with “what did you just call me” look, so he laughed “well Jaehwan calls you that, I assumed why I can’t call you that?” he said and Hongbin smiled. “It’s just so odd to see a high ranker talk like that you know?” Hongbin asked but Wonshik shook it ff.

“Enough about me, how are you Hongbin?” He asked but Hongbin was in his deep thoughts.

“I… I… sent the letter last week and, I’m actually waiting for the mail guy to bring the letters, I… I’m really looking forward to it.” Hongbin said making wonshik to nod.

“Special someone I guess?” Wonshik asked and Hongbin nodded.

“I guess I’ve heard that Mr. Lee the mail guy is going to be here in any minute, why don’t you go and check Marshal’s tent?” He said and Hongbin nodded thanking the General.

He ran toward the tent when he located Mr. Lee coming toward the tent with a big mailbag.

“Oh, hi there Mr. Lee, is there anything for me, perhaps?” Hongbin asked and Mr. Lee smiled.

“Sorry sir, I have to take these to marshal first, they have to give you these, I guess you don’t know the procedure, I’m so sorry.” He said and bid him good bye.

Hongbin sighed and went to the nearby hill and waited, the named were being called and everybody was gathered reading their mails, but no one called him, it’s been a while that no one’s name has been called so he went there and entered the tent.

“Am…, sorry to bother sir, I... I guess I haven’t heard my name being called, is there any letter for me?” he asked not so confident, Marshal sighed and shook his head. “There no letter left, sorry but don’t think much.” The marshal said sympathetically. Hongbin smiled sadly and exited the tent, everyone was crying from the happiness of hearing something from their love ones and Hongbin was standing there not knowing what to do.

“Hongbin look here oh god look here.” It was general Cha’s sound who was running toward Him.

“What is it hyung?” Hongbin tried not to look sad.

“My wife just sent me a photo of her and my little girl, Sejung. It’s been three month since I’ve seen her and look at her.” Hakyeon handed the picture to Hongbin with his shaky hands, there was standing a tall pretty woman holding a little girls hand who were smiling so dearly to the camera, her smiled made Hongbin to smile.

“Kids in this age grow so fast and I’m losing every second of this.” Hakyeon sighed and took the picture from Hongbin putting in his jacket’s hidden pocket.

“Attention everyone, there is a big news.” It was Marshal Choi’s sound who was talking throw the handheld, hearing that, everyone gathered and even called the ones who weren’t near.

“We have a letter, from the headquarters and finally we have a permission to attack,” with that words there was big shouting and clapping sounds, Marshal continued “but we need to be more careful, this is our job to clean the field up to their headquarters until the air attack begins, I know that we need them to do the job faster but as the letter says the air force is going to attack their quarters after 14 days because the gover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter