Chapter 5

I Love You, Mothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“so? Did you talk to your parents?” Addison asked while I was grabbing my book from my locker. 

 

After what happened yesterday, I didn’t really talk to my mothers at all. I met them downstairs, but I avoided their gazes and ignored them. They tried to came into my room, but they couldn’t because I locked it. I locked myself inside my room for the whole night. I only came out of my room when I heard grandpa was home and called me to asked what I want for dinner. 

 

I was starving, okay? 

 

As much as didn’t want to see my mothers, grandpa persuaded me to went downstairs and eat with them. I didn’t have a choice too, so I did what he told me to do. 

 

I rolled my eyes to Addison as I closed my locker’s door. 

 

“I don’t want to talk about it, okay?” I answered as I walked pass by her. 

 

Addison jogged a little for catching up to me and then walked together with my pace. 

 

“you haven’t talk to your mothers?” She asked again and I stayed silent. “oh come on. Not even want to talk a little?” She added.

 

“no.” I said while walking to my class and left Addison on the hallway. 

 

I sat on my chair with a sighed as Addison entered the room too. She sat beside me and then looked at me as if she was begging me to spill the beans to her.

 

“I did tell them and I told them that I don’t want to forgive them. Happy?” I whispered lowly so then only Addison could hear it. 

 

“I can’t believe you, Alex.” Addison sighed deep and I didn’t say anything. 

 

 

 

 

“grandpa? Can you pick me up at school? The bus is already left.” I called grandpa. 

 

I could go back home alone, but it’s raining so bad and like I said, the bus is already left. Addison was already left because she had to go to her grandparents’ house, so I have no one here. 

 

“…”

 

“okay. I’ll wait.” I said to grandpa when he said he will pick me up at school.

 

I’m waiting for almost 30 minutes at the front door of my school all by myself. There were only a few people left at the school because the extra curricular and the rain was getting heavy each minute. 

 

Then, grandpa’s car pulled over and waited for me to get in the car. I ran through the rain to get in the car and while opened the car door, I saw Tiffany, behind the steer wheel. I closed the door immediately and walked back home alone.

 

I rather walked in the middle of the rain than have to be on the same car with them. I didn’t care if I would get sick. I just didn’t want to be on the same room with them. 

 

After a few minutes, I was still drenched by the rain on the street while grandpa’s car still following me and sometimes honked too, to get my attention. I, of course, didn’t bother to turned my head because, well, you know why. 

 

“Alex, please get inside the car. You’ll catch a cold if you keep walking like that.” Tiffany said to me as she drove the car. 

 

I ignored her and just walked towards the house. Good thing that the house is near my school. Or else, I’d probably be passed out on the street. Or worse, dead. 

 

All of a sudden, a thunder went off and I immediately squatted down, covering my ears and closed my eyes tightly. I never like thunder. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always scared of thunder. 

 

Once, a thunder went off in the middle of the night. I woke up, feeling scared, hugged my lion stuffed animals tightly and hoping it would go away. But seconds later, it went off again and I ran with all of my might to my mothers’ room. It was dark, but I didn’t care, I was just so afraid of the thunder. I opened my mothers’ bedroom door and I walked to mom’s side. 

 

I woke her up and she asked me why I was there. I said to her that the thunder woke me up and I was scared and couldn’t go back to sleep. Mom then lifted me up and put me in between her and mommy. All of a sudden, another thunder went off and I was shivering so bad that I closed my eyes tightly. Then I felt mommy gently caressed my back while mom covered my ears so gently, so then I couldn’t hear the next thunder. After that, I could only hear a faint thunder because mom was hugging me so I wouldn’t scared anymore. A few minutes after that, I went back to sleep, so soundly and feeling so safe because my parents protected me.

 

But, ever since they left, I just curled up on my bed and closed my eyes and covered my ears so tightly with my hands. Because nobody would do that for me. 

 

“Alex!” mommy approached me then hugged me and covered my ears. But it was too late, because the thunder were already gone. I pushed mommy’s away and I stood up again to continue my walk, leaving her there.

 

Soon after, I arrived at home, looking so drenched and just heading to my bedroom right away. I noticed grandpa and mom were in the couch, looking at me walking towards my room in soaking wet. 

 

Once I’m already in my room, I changed my clothes into a comfortable ones, not wanting to take a shower because I didn’t want to leave my room. After I changed my clothes, I played a few songs through my speaker just to calmed me down. 

 

I honestly feeling a little bit of cold right now, maybe because of the rain, so I decided to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes when I felt the room getting more darker. Then I searched for my phone and looked at the clock. It was almost 8. No wonder it’s dark in my room. 

 

I was about to get up when a sudden pain struck my head so bad. I groaned in pain and I  decided to lay down on my bed again. Not only headache, but I felt so cold all over my body too.

 

I knew that I had fever. I should’ve listened to mommy earlier. And I knew too, my stubborn brain still won’t listen even though I knew I will come down with a fever. 

 

I just said mommy, didn’t I? Oh well.

 

All of a sudden, my bedroom door was creake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter