002

taelice.drabbles

Geronimo
PG-13
Fluff, Comedy
520w

 

 

Sometimes he jokes about how he cares more about his Gucci brand clothes than her. She usually laughs it off with a sarcastic remark but this is not one of those times — she could barely breathe let alone speak. 

“Lisa, calm down.” There's a hint of a laugh in his tone that she shouldn't appreciate given the circumstance yet (she doesn't know why) there's something oddly comforting about his evident amusement. 

She tries to thump him hard in the shoulder but her hand quickly latches back onto the cotton material of his expensive shirt, trembling from the air that wafts through her locks. “I ing hate you, Kim Taehyung. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!” she cusses as he continues to her hair like trying to tame a frightened pup (though he prefers the frizzy feeling of it in the morning when it's disheveled and quite 'wild' - contrary to the preferences of her past boyfriends).

They're three hundred and sixty feet above the ground, rocks breaking off in tiny increments, crumbling and falling down the steep slope of the mountain until they vanish from sight.

“You're the one who agreed to this,” he argues, shrugging nonchalantly.

“I know, but—”

The instructor returns to the platform at last with an indifferent smile — a long hard day of listening to hysteric screams and attaching harnesses, no doubt. Yet something about Taehyung intrigues him - the way he eagerly strapped himself in the moment they arrived, towing his reluctant looking girlfriend shortly behind him. Never has he seen someone so hasty about their first time ziplining from such a height. Their knees usually deteriorate to jello the moment the unsettling breeze of being at such an altitude hits them. But the smile hasn't left this auburn-haired boy's lips since they were on the ground. 

“Alright, you'll go on three,” he says as he finishes checking one last time to ensure the couple are securely locked in. “Three...”

“Tae, I'm scared. I'm not even kidding right now—”

“I know.”

“Two...”

“I can't do it.”

He wraps his fingers around hers, shifting her body close to his until she can feel his shaky breath fan out against her neck. She realizes that he's been nervous too, opposite to what he lets on. There's thrill and determination dancing behind the smirk on his face. “We're doing this together.” The warmth in his tone matches the one encompassing her hand.

She doesn't hear the instructor finish on one, because he crashes his lips into hers so hard her mind goes blank  and a split second later her feet are off the platform.

The pressure of the wind is too much, crashing down at such a rapid speed that Lisa instinctively curls into the crook of Taehyung's neck, fingers grappling at his shirt just as they zip past the trees. There's something so liberating about zipping down the line, as light as air, staring down at the minimized objects below like a freaking God. 

“Lisa!!!”

“What?!”

“You're going to rip my Gucci shirt!!”

There's a smile that never leaves his face the rest of the way down.