001

taelice.drabbles

Roar
PG-13
Fluff, Comedy
346w

 

 

There's something about the way he laughs that reminds her of some wild feline. Deep and uproarous, bouncing off the walls of the classroom (yet not threatening in the slightest). Restraint isn't something he abides by - she takes note of as he chuckles with his mouth wide open, and she swears the fangs in his mouth are sharper than most people's. She likes the way his eyes squint into deep crescents, joy plastered all over his face. If it wasn't for his plushie-like appearance, she thinks she would have been disturbed by the sheer volume of his cackles next to her ear. 

“Tae-ger.” It's a subconscious utter that in an instant she hopes he hadn't heard (he never does, usually too occupied with whatever strange musings are bouncing around in his mind) yet the way his head in her direction makes her heart sink in her chest.

“What?” He quirks an eyebrow. 

“Tiger... you look like a tiger when you laugh.” She could easily lie to him if she wanted to. He's not one to dig deep into trivial things but the way his eyes glimmer in his curiosity shatters all resolve to even try.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Am I a handsome tiger?” he purrs, cradling his face in his hands as his features contort into one of his many quirky signature expressions. 

“I've seen better.” 

She errupts with laughter upon seeing the pitiful exaggerated pout he makes, eyes too clouded with tears to see the wide smile that spreads across his face. In a nanosecond her laughter comes to a pause, finding their cheeks pressed together and a tug on the ends of her hair. 

“What the hell?” When she tears her eyes from his, she realizes he's taken a chunk of her hair between his teeth, a grin securing the locks in place. She wonders why an occurrence like this is even surprising anymore. “Taehyung, what are you doing?” 

He doesn't respond, merely growling lowly next to her ear. 

“Tae-ger~” he mumbles through the strands.

Perhaps he does listen to her after all.