Chapter 1

Witch Doctor Jae

Okay...I wanted to wait on this till after the conclusion of Dragon Bride but I suddenly had a burst of motivation to write the first chapter and I just don't want to hold off on this...So enjoy! Please let me know what you think :)

________________________________

 

After completing a long and exhausting surgery, Yunho finally got out of the operating room washing his hand clean and changing his clothes. He went over a few key items with this assistance before parting with them down the almost empty hallway. As his walked, his lab coat that is far too clean and too white to be considered normal sway slightly. In his hand is a clip board, detailing the operation of what was completed. As he walked, he always made sure to return the greeting and kind gestures from both co-workers and patients. He had only been working in the hospital for a few weeks and already, he had become the talk of the entire building. Ever since he started the job here at this hospital, he has been releasing his endless amount of charms everywhere he goes attracting a lot of attentions. Not only is he friendly and a surgical genius, he is also very handsome and people finds him comfortable to be with. His gentle smile makes people warm, the way he is able to talk to people make them feel at ease. Regardless if you are young or old, he is able to keep up with the conversation without making anyone feel strange or unappreciated. The fact that he is really good at what he does and how much effort he put into his job makes all the staff and patients admire him deeply.

As he walked pass a large glass window, he noticed that the bright sun he saw this morning has finally set, covering the city in dark shadows as the once blue sky is now covered in sparkly stars. He didn’t even realize that it had already become this late in the day. He looks at his watch and concluded that his shift has come to an end. Once he hand in these papers, he can finally go home and get some rest. He continued his way down the hallway, greeting patients and co-workers alike as he approached the front desk. He handed in the clip board and spoke with the nurse who is blushing too much making him wonder if she has a fever. Just then another doctor and a nurse also approached the desk, just a feet away from him speaking in a very frustrating tone of voice. They seem to be complaining about a certain individual who skip out on an important meeting, did not fill in his paper work properly, spent most of his time playing with kids and being unprofessional seeing his patients on time. At the mention of kids, Yunho knew right away who they were talking about and he can’t help but get this uncomfortable feeling deep inside him. A voice inside his head was urging him to escape as quickly as possible.

However, just as he manages to turn around, the doctor near him spotted him and called out to him in a friendly voice that basically states ‘I can pass something troublesome to you’. Yunho had went through at least 3 surgeries today and not to mention multiple other complicated task. All he wanted to do is leave and go relax at home, but to pretend that he didn’t hear him or worst sees him will leave a bad after taste. Considering their status, this doctor is a senior here at the hospital and Yunho being new and all…he felted like he couldn’t just walk away. He took a deep breath and turn around with his usual bright smile to face the other doctor

“H-hey…how is it going?”

“It is such a blessing to run into you at this moment” the older doctor beams with happiness as he took out a vanilla color folder holding some important papers “Since you and Dr. Kim are such great friend…can you please do me a favor and help hand this to him? It was given at the meeting but…he didn’t show up. I tried searching for him all day but that guy keep escaping”

Upon the words ‘great friend’, Yunho has the urge to run up to him and rip those papers before throwing punches. It’s not like they get along at all…or more like this is a one sided affection that Yunho wishes will just disappear.

**flash back**

“Welcome to the team Yunho shhi…I hope we can become great friends”

Yunho sat there dumbfounded unsure if what he is seeing is real or not. It wasn’t until the head doctor called his name did he realize that this is actually real. The beauty that cost him all the money he brought with him is standing before him wearing a lab coat and a badge.

“Doctor?” Yunho spoke still in disbelief “you just said he is the head doctor of the pediatric department?!”

“Yes…”

Once again Yunho is in disbelief. How someone who make so much money can says that he is broke?! None of this makes any sense, was he lying to him? Did he tricked him into paying for his cakes? Just what kind of person is this man?!

“Oh right…here is a welcome gift for you” smile Jaejoong

He took a steps forward and reach out his hand. With a snap of his fingers, a bouquet of red roses appears out of nowhere, perfectly wrapped in transparent wrapping along with white tissue paper. Tying the roses together is a beautiful red bow. Upon seeing this, Yunho was in total shock as he took a step back unconsciously.

“You!...how...how did you do that?!” Yunho asked

“It’s one of my talent…I can do magic tricks…all the kids love it and even adults too…here!” Jaejoong shoved the roses to him giving him no room to refuse.

“Come…I’ll show you around!” Jaejoong smile’s brightly, far brighter than the sun light coming from the window and far too radiant to make his heart skip a beat

Yunho didn’t even get a chance to protest before he is dragged all over the place as Jaejoong speak none stop. They then went to the employee canteen full of people. Jaejoong pushed the door open as Yunho found himself physically dragged into the large room filled with loud chattering. A slender hand wrap around his arm pulling and pushing him forward as a wonderful floral scent filled his nose. Even though he had smelled this before, he can’t help but wonder how can a man smell this good.

“Hello everyone!” the loud voice echoed into the room drawing the attention of everyone inside “I wanted you all to welcome a new member into our large family”

Yunho heard the entire room went silent as his glance around and all eyes were on them. Most of them were strange gazes making him anxious.

“This is Jung Yunho…he will be joining the surgical ward…not only is he handsome…he is also a genius with a background that is hard to compare to…we are lucky to have him join us so please treat him well…” smile Jaejoong as he pulled Yunho closer…far too intimate to make others uncomfortable “…I expect everyone to be nice to him…we are after all best friend!”

**End of flash back**

The words “Best friend” basically locked Yunho to his doom. Everyone believed in those words and basically treated him as Jaejoong’s best friend. Whatever task undone by Jaejoong, Yunho will be given the task of tracking him down or passing on documents to him. It was as if everyone had given him a troublesome job of babysitting this doctor who spent more time playing with children then actually doing his own job. On the outside people thinks they get along well…while on the inside, Yunho had to restraint the urge of wanting to murder the guy. Being with jaejoong test all his limits and his endurance, always putting him on edge. Usually he is very professional, his temper is very good…his endurance is even better. Dealing with unreasonable people is no challenge to him. He is confident that no matter who it is, he will always come out as the bigger man. This has always been the case no matter which hospital he works at. But when he finally got into that one hospital he dream about, he ends up meeting Dr. Kim Jaejoong who is basically pushing him to the edge. No matter what he do, he just can’t seem to shake off this guy who had cling on to him like a child testing all his patients. He don’t usually avoid people nor do he avoid problem, but this is a special case. However, Jaejoong always finds him, dragging him to eat lunch…to take breaks…to join in on his ridiculous adventures…even to the bathroom…driving him insane.

“Hello? Dr. Jung?” the older doctor waved a hand in front of him to gain his attention

Upon his voice, Yunho return to reality and smile “Sure…of course…I don’t mind since it seems that you are EXTREMLY too busy to do it yourself” emphasizing on the word ‘Extremely’

Even though he is smiling, his tone of voice were the exact opposite making the other doctor a little nervous. None the less the folder was handed to Yunho. The other doctor and the nurse quickly walked away feeling the cold chill down their spine. Upon seeing the unsatisfying expression on Yunho’s face, the other nurse at the front desk offer to give the folder to Dr. Kim instead. As kind as the offer is, Yunho refused and is determined to do it himself. Since he accepted the task, he will see it to the end…no matter how much he doesn’t want to see him.

With a turn of his heel, he walks down the hallway toward the children’s ward where this beautiful doctor can be found. It has gotten to a point where Yunho can locate Jaejoong anywhere within this hospital knowing all his favorite places only because jaejoong insist on showing it to him. Compare to the other wards, the children’s ward wasn’t as empty. There were more people wondering around as more chattering could be heard. Loud children laughter echoed throughout the ward as he spotted a crowd of people in front of a room that housed 6 sick children…well…they are supposed to be sick but considering the loud laughter, he wasn’t so sure.

He walks over to the crowd and in the room are the 6 children sitting at the two beds closest to the door instead of resting. In the middle of the room is a man whose back faced the crowd. Base on the worn out flip flops this man is wearing, Yunho knew right away who it is.

“Okay…the night is no longer young…I’ll perform one last trick and everyone will have to go to sleep…” spoke the doctor who Yunho is familiar with to be Dr. Kim Jaejoong

The children were happy and excited, clapping their hands as if they have forgotten their reason of being here in the first place. The sparks in their eyes, the smile on their faces, the chuckles that came out of their mouth filled the parents, nurses and doctor with joy. Only times like this will they see these sickly child smile so brightly without pain, without exhaustion, without fear, without sadness.

“For this last trick…I will need the lights to be turn off…” Jaejoong spoke as one of the nurses turn off the lights filling the room with darkness “I heard before that one special person wishes to see the stars up close…to be able to touch one with her bare hands…”

“Me! That’s me!” a little girl who looks to be around the age of 5 happily spoke raising her hand in the air. The IV attached to her little hand waved in the air every time she waves her hand. Her voice wasn’t as strong as the others but the excitement in it could clearly been heard. She had no hair, only a pink hat covering her head. Compare to the other children, she was skinnier, paler and smaller. Jaejoong turn to face her with a smile and reach out his hand to her. He clasped his hand over her fragile one, pulling them together

“Hold your hand as if you are holding something inside…” he spoke to her “not tightly but softly”

She nodded her head and did what she was told

“Now…close your eyes…imagine the stars you hope to see…”

Her body trembles in excitements as she closed her eyes, smiled very big and imagine herself being surrounded by countless stars that shine very bright. Everyone in the room stood quietly and watched in silent as Jaejoong bends down and blow air upon her small hand. He whispered a few words and soon after, a little light could be seen emitting inside, slowly becoming brighter and brighter. Feeling her hand warm, she opens her eyes and is amaze of the light.

“Now…open it…let it free” said jaejoong

The little girl pulls her hand apart and a burst of lights filled the room. Little stars floated in the air surrounding everyone, filling everyone with amazement. The little girl giggles happily reaching out to grab a star. The other children were as happy as they are chasing the stars with nothing but joy on their faces. Even the adults standing by were caught up in the excitement as twinkling star shape lights floated around them.

“They are dancing…the stars are dancing!” one of the child shouted

Yunho stood behind the crowd and witness another magic trick perfectly performed by this man. When he first saw it, it was quite the shock. By now, he had seen jaejoong pulls countless magic tricks for children and every time he sees it, it sends him back to when he was a child. All the tricks were always breathe taking and is always different each time making him wonder how Jaejoong does it. Sometime Yunho even think that being a magic performer suits jaejoong more than a doctor. Only times like this will his frustration with this doctor subside and a sense of admiration take its place. With a loud clap, the stars disappears as the light is turn back on.

“Okay…that is enough…it’s way past your bed time” came the voice of a female nurse who looked to be in her late 40’s

All the children including jaejoong pouted in sadness as the sound of countless disappointment filled the room. The children walked to their assigned bed and begin to climb in without any protest. The other nurse and parents help tuck them in bed preparing for a good night sleep. The lead nurse of this ward came up to Jaejoong and gently pulled his ear

“and you…your shift already ended hours ago…stop lingering around during the night to disrupt the children…them not getting enough sleep will make them weak and I am not going to take responsibility for when their health turn worst”

Jaejoong only pouted cutely before speaking in a childish and cute voice “But…I can’t turn down their request…they look at me with so much excitement that I just can’t say no…they are like little puppies with the big round eyes and cute adorable smiles...can you really refuse them?”

“hmph!…aren’t you ashamed at all? Always using the children as excuses to linger around…”

The nurse let go of his ear as Jaejoong looks at her and gently poke her on the shoulder like a child with a smile on his face “don’t be angry…I know you also enjoyed it…seeing the children smiles is more important…right?”

She looks at him a bit before her expression softens and let out a deep sigh. Seeing that she is no longer angry, jaejoong smiles even bigger. No matter how she dislike him interrupting the kids, she can’t help but be soft when it comes to him. It was thanks to him after all, that children here were able to forget their sickness.

“Dr. Kim…Dr. Kim…” the little 5 year girl tug on his white coat

He looks down to her “Yes…”

She made gestures for him to bend down as he did and she wraps her small slender arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hugs taking him by surprise. With a soft voice she said “thank you”

Jaejoong too smiled gently, patting her on the back before gesturing for her to go to bed. He stood up and happens to look toward the door and spotted Yunho standing there. Upon seeing him, his smile beams even brighter

“Dr. Jung!” he shouted happily making his way toward Yunho with such a radiant smile that Yunho thought was brighter than the stars he just saw “What brings you here? Are you perhaps…looking for me? If so, you could have just paged me…I would have dropped everything I was doing and ran to where you are”

The admiration he felt quickly disappeared as he handed the folder to Jaejoong “you skip out on the meeting again…I am tire of having to bring this to you every single time…can’t you just be a responsible adult and a responsible doctor for once?”

Jaejoong only pouted “But meeting are boring…it’s just a bunch of old man bickering…”

Yunho felt the usual headache he usually get when speaking to this person “the old man you speak of are the board of directors including all the senior doctors and the man who hired you…the bickering is them discussing important topics relating to the hospital that you should know…these are meetings were all the heads of each department gathers…and you being the head of the pediatric department, you should be attending instead of skipping”

“There is no difference…they are all old and talking back and forth…rather agreeing or disagreeing is still bickering”

Yunho only sigh before remembering the magic trick that Jaejoong just performed. He can’t help but be attracted to those little stars bringing back some pleasant childhood memories “You…how do you do it?”

Jaejoong look at him as his expression changed and a sly smile spread upon his face “you are a doctor and yet you still asked me this question? If you really don’t know…I don’t mind telling you or maybe you would want to see visuals for better understanding”

Yunho felt the headache doubled. He decided that it is time for him to go home, there is no point in standing here and try to communicate with this person who seem to have come from an incompetent race of human being. He turn around and was about to take his leave for the night when suddenly jaejoong spoke

“It’s a trick that I learn when I was younger…back then I too wanted to see the stars up close…so it’s something that I created myself…how I perform it…well…” Jaejoong smile with such beauty that Yunho became speechless. Jaejoong placed his long perfectly shaped finger against his full pink lips and said “a magician never reveal his secrets”

Once again Yunho found himself entranced by that smile. Every time he sees it, he felt his heart skip a beat as his body feels hot.

“But…” Jaejoong rested his elbow upon Yunho’s shoulder, leaning closer to him “if you really want to know how I did it…all you have to do is buy me more of those cakes the first time we met…”

Immediately Yunho is reminded as to why he and this beautiful man can never get along. To him, first impression is everything but his first encounter with this particular doctor did not so well. He took a step away as Jaejoong lost the only support he had under his elbow as he falls forward a bit. He then reach out his hand to him and with a serous voice he spoke

“Where is my money? You promised that you will pay me back…it’s been weeks already”

Jaejoong smile nervously before fidgeting with his long fingers no longer making eye contact with Yunho “Y-you see…I…I have bills…and…and a lot of debts….soooo…..”

Yunho narrowed his brows knowing very well this man will never pay him back. It makes him wonder just how much in debt is this doctor that he can’t even pay back the money Yunho spent buying him the cake. It’s not like it’s a lot or anything.

“Never mind…forget it…my shift is over…I’m leaving” said Yunho as he walks away

“Dr. Jung! Thank you for bringing me the documents”

Yunho didn’t even turn to face him but made a quick wave before exiting the door. Jaejoong turn his attention to the children in the room and mainly focused his attention to the little 5 year old being tuck in by her mother. The smile on his face changed slightly as he turn his attention away before leaving the wards as well.

As the night becomes darker, Yunho just got done taking a hot bath as he wore comfortable clothing. With a towel hangs around his neck he made his way toward the kitchen table where his bag laid. He open the bag and wanted to pull out some documents to review for his upcoming surgery tomorrow. However, when he looked inside, he couldn’t find the documents anywhere. He searched around his office room and around his large apartment but couldn’t find those papers.

“Where did I put them?” he wondered

He then remember that he had placed those papers on his desk back at the hospital. He was planning to put them in his bag but a nurse came in and they got carried away with the conversation. Right afterward, he had to do his round and must have forgotten them when he left. Usually Yunho is very good at remembering his stuff, he does his work diligently and never missed anything. So for him to actually forget such important files makes him feel a little unhappy about himself. Yunho cursed as he turn toward the clock on the wall and noticed it’s already midnight. He pondered for a bit before giving in as he grab his keys and went out toward his car. He needed to review those documents and the kind of procedures needed for tomorrow. He can’t wait on this matter otherwise it will be like cramming last minute for an important test. He drove directly to the hospital and parked his car. At this time, the hospital is even emptier and quieter as the once busy hallway is not completely silent. There may be 1 or 2 nurses in each ward but other than that, the place gives of an eerie feeling at night. Yunho who is already accustom to this, walked through the hallway and up to the 5th floor casually with no fright. He entered his office room and spotted the documents he needed sitting on his desk. With a smile on his face, he took the documents, turn off the light and exited into the hallway. He made sure to lock the door to his office when at the corner of his eyes, he spotted something white pass by. He turn around but there was no one there.

“I must be imagining it” he thought

He turn around and walked down the empty hallway when a nurse spotted him and called out to him

“Dr. Jung? Didn’t you leave earlier?”

“Ah…I forgot some documents so I came back to get it”

She chuckled a little flashing him her smile while blushing “I could have drop them off and save you the trouble”

Yunho felt a weird vibe from her as he only smile nervously “it’s…no trouble at all…You have a goodnight...don't work too hard”

He quickly turn his heel and walk as fast as he can turning the corner before letting out a deep sigh. Whenever woman acts like that, it gives him the creeps. To him, they looked like animal in heat. He shivered and continued his way down the hallway toward the elevator. After pressing the button, he stood there and waited. Just as he turn toward the right, he spotted someone walking down the hallway away from him. The more he look at this person’s back, the more familiar it becomes.

“Dr. Kim?” he thought to himself “He didn’t leave yet? I thought his shift ends already?”

Now that he thinks about it, this is the first time he saw Jaejoong here this late at night. Even when he had night shift, he never saw him once. He just figures that Jaejoong doesn’t do night shift. All kind of questions went through his head as he decided not to think about it anymore. Whatever Jaejoong is planning on doing, it has nothing to do with him. But the minute the light flashes and the elevator door opens, he couldn’t move his body to step inside. He turn his attention back to the direction Jaejoong had disappeared to. He can’t explain it but something didn’t seem right and his guts is telling him to follow. As much as he hates it, his gut feeling has never been wrong. Being as quiet as possible, he followed behind and as expected, Jaejoong did enter the children’s ward. As those two door in the hall closed, he went up to the door and peek through the small windows. The nurses at the desk weren’t there watching the area. Usually at this time, nurses are more relax as most patient will be sleeping. So it’s no surprises that there wasn’t any nurses here at this moment. He watches through the little window as Jaejoong entered one of the children’s room, the very same room he was performing magic in earlier. A minute later, there was a little flash of light in that room and then it disappeared. Curious as to what this strange doctor is doing, Yunho pushed the door quietly and entered the ward. He slowly walk toward the room Jaejoong had entered and peek from the corner. Surprising, Jaejoong was no longer there. He look at one side of the room to the other and the doctor he saw walking in here is now gone. All the children are still present and fast asleep filling the room with their quiet breathing.

“Was I…was I seeing things?” Yunho questioned himself “I clearly saw him walk in here…but I didn’t even see him leave?”

He recalls the strange aura he felt from Jaejoong earlier. He knows for sure that it is him, but the feeling he gives off wasn’t the same. He felt a chill ran up his spine when suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder from behind causing him to jolt. He quickly turn around and came face to face with the head nurse.

“Dr. Jung? What are you doing?” she asked giving him a suspicious look

Yunho look at her and then look into the room before looking at her again “I…I just saw Dr. Kim came in here?”

“Dr. Kim?” she too look into the room and notice it being quiet with only the children sleeping “I don’t see him”

“But I…well…he…was there…I…”

The more Yunho speak, the more confuse the nurse became as she started to wonder if this young famously handsome doctor is okay “you…don’t look so good? Almost as if you saw a ghost”

Yunho look at her and sees her looking at him strangely. He only sigh and smile “I’m okay…maybe I was just seeing things…I’ll be taking my leave… goodnight”

With that he left the ward before she could question him anymore. After walking further away, he can finally relaxed before pausing and thinking back to what he saw. No matter how he thinks about it, he clearly saw Dr. Kim entered the room, he clearly remember a faint flash of light. And yet, when he went to look at the room, he wasn’t there at all. Unless he jump out of the window, Yunho couldn’t explain how a person can just disappear without going through the only door to that room.

**Flash back**

“It’s one of my talent…I can do magic tricks…all the kids love it and even adults too…”

***end of flash back**

Yunho tilted his head to the side and crossed his arms deep in thoughts “Did he use tricks to sneak out without me realizing? Like poof he is gone? Or….Could it really be a ghost?” he asked himself

This was all Yunho could think about as he got into the elevator and eventually left the hospital. Meanwhile, standing on the edge of the hospital rooftop is a man shrouded in shadows as his white coat fluttered against the wind. This person had both of his hand in the pocket of his white coat as he watches Yunho walked down below toward the parking lot. A smile spread upon his face before disappearing from where he stood. Yunho was about to get into his car when he felt someone was watching him. He turn around and lifted his gaze toward the rooftop but no one was there.

The next day, Yunho reported to work like usual ignoring what he saw last night although it did took up most of his thoughts making it hard for him to get a proper sleep. He performed his surgery perfectly without any trouble as he is once again praised for his job well done. The fact that he have not run into Jaejoong or having him come to him all day was a true blessing. He entered the canteen for lunch break along with a few co-worker as they discussed the surgery that was just completed. Unconsciously Yunho will look around the room to see if Jaejoong was here and strangely enough, when he didn’t see him, he felt a little sadden.

“Are you looking for someone?” his co-worker asked

“No…no one…” he smiled

He pick up a tray and got in line, picking out the food he wanted to eat when he overheard a few people ahead of him talking. They tried to be quiet about it but it was still loud enough for Yunho to clearly hear them.

“I passed by the children ward earlier and it was a sad sight to see as usual…” the female spoke

“Don’t tell me another child passed?” her friend asked

“Yes…it was a 5 year old girl….everyone predicted that she might not make it but for her to suddenly pass this soon is heart breaking…her parents were distressed and very sadden..”

“Wasn’t she just smiling and laughing yesterday? How could she just passed on so soon?”

“Who knows…the doctor said that her heart stopped…but the strange thing was…she was smiling with such a peaceful expression as if she went on without any pain, worried or fear”

“At least that is one good thing about this…” spoke the other woman

Yunho thought back to last night when Jaejoong was performing the magic show to those children. When he hear them talk about a 5 year old girl, he can’t help but imagine the little girl who requested to see stars. He remembers Jaejoong touching her hand, blowing air to her hand as beautiful stars appears, remember how the little girl hugged him tightly with a big smile on her face. The way Jaejoong also smile and look at her clearly show that they had some kind of deep connection. Could this be the reason why he have not seen or heard from Jaejoong all day? Could it be that the death of the little girl had put him in shock that he isolated himself?

“Yunho?” came the voice of his coworker

Yunho snaps out of his thoughts and turn to face his coworker and noticed that he had kept the line from moving. Everyone was looking at him strangely as he apologizes, grabs what he needed and move toward a table to sit down and eat. Even though he usually likes the food here, he can’t seem to taste its flavor. Something was troubling him, making it impossible for him to enjoy his meal. He only took a few spoon full when he sigh and stood up before leaving.

“Where are you going?” his co-worker asked

“To settle my conscience…” said Yunho

He walked toward the east wing of the hospital and down a particular hallway, toward the end and turn a right. This part of the hospital was quieter and more secluded as he approached a door and opens it. The room is dark and is quiet. Sleeping on the patient bed is a beauty breathing softly with no care. Sleeping soundlessly on his stomach is a pure fluffy white cat with a red bow tie around its neck. Upon Yunho entering the room, the cat became alert and raised its head to look at him. Yunho was taken aback by the cat, he had never seen it before and wondered where or when did Jaejoong pick it up. The golden eyes of the cat looks at him giving him a shiver, making him hesitate to venture further into the room. After a second, the cat no longer pay him any attention and once again snuggled on Jaejoong’s stomach to sleep once more. He let out a breath of relief before approaching the bed and looks down at Jaejoong whose eyes were perfectly close revealing his long thick lashes. There was a sudden itch in Yunho’s heart making him a bit uncomfortable as he placed the cold drink against Jaejoong’s face. Upon feeling the suddenly coldness, Jaejoong woke up immediately in shock touching his cheek

“You are not allowed to sleep on the job…none the less occupied a patient’s room for your own need…and bringing in a feline into the hospital…that is already 3 rules you broke” said Yunho

It took Jaejoong a minute to realize that the person who had disturbed his sleep was none other than Yunho. His eyes widen and he smiles happily “Dr. Jung! How pleasant it is to see you here? Did you need something?”

His smile was far too bright, far too beautiful that it made Yunho paused for a mere minute speechless. He wondered if this guy is even sad. This was clearly not the look of someone who is willowing in sorrow. Jaejoong glance at him before scooting to the other side of the bed holding the cat in his arm and pat the now empty side with his slender white hand

“Come…sleep with me” he smiled

Yunho stood there dumbfounded unsure if this man is purposely doing this or not, saying whatever he wanted giving people wrong impressions. He cough a little before refusing the offer and instead took a seat on the nearby chair. Seeing that Yunho refused to sit next to him, Jaejoong give a little disappointing pout.

“The cat…”

“Ah…this is Dooman…isn’t he cute?” Jaejoong asked with a childish and yet excited smile holding the not so excited cat up and forcing it to wave its small paw

“D-Dooman?...”

Jaejoong nodded his head to confirm as Yunho sigh “You…instead of sleeping here playing with the cat…should really concentrate on your job…its unprofessional…what if something serious happen? As a doctor, you need to take things more seriously and stay in your assigned wards…instead of wondering around like a lost man”

“I have already completed all my work…I have already tended to all my cute little patient’s needs…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes…”

“And you fill out the paper works?”

“….”

“I seriously wondered what the hospital is thinking hiring you as a doctor…and even made you the head of the pediatric ward…aren’t they afraid that you might just cause more harm than good.”

Jaejoong pouted feeling like his credibility is being questioned “I may be like this but I’m very good at what I do…you can ask around if you want. Beside…I mesmerized everything, I don’t need a piece of paper to tell me what I needed to do…”

“The paper work is not just for you…it’s for record keeping…so everyone could see and understand what is happening in case you are absent”

“No need to worried about that…I have never been absent…in fact…I have never gotten sick…I have been here working at this hospital for over 13 years and never once did I miss a day of work” said jaejoong proudly

Yunho however, looked at him doubtfully.

“I’m serous?! If you don’t believe me, I can show you my record”

“Even so…it is your responsibility as a top pediatric doctor …you have the reputation of this hospital to uphold…if you continue to act this way…not only will you ruin the reputation of this place but also put yourself in a bad situation…” said Yunho feeling like the older adult here lecturing a child even though Jaejoong is older than him.

“It’s not like I never do them… they will be done eventually…”

“Dr. Kim…being organize...getting your paper work done on time is something you need to do...it is not an option of doing it whenever you want to…”

Jaejoong only looks at Yunho with a big smile before using a teasing voice “are you perhaps worried about me?”

Seeing him not taking any words seriously, Yunho let out a sigh “I am not worried about you…I’m just worried you will drag this hospital down with you…I don’t want people talking behind our back because one doctor can’t seem to get his act together”

Jaejoong smiled but this time there was a hint of pain “I’ll keep your words in mind…”

Silence filled the room turning it awkward as jaejoong turn his attention to the cat on his lap patting it. Yunho wasn’t sure why he suddenly felt this overwhelming guilt inside him as if he had said something wrong. For sure he didn’t say anything wrong, he was stating the facts, he was just trying to remind him that professionalism is everything and lack of it could affect the hospital. And yet it is making him feel so wronged. After a moment of silence, Yunho stood up and hands the cold drink as well as a sandwich to Jaejoong

“M-Make sure to eat the sandwich…” he said “and return to the children’s ward…”

“Thanks…”

Yunho walked toward the door and slightly turn to look at him patting the cat like he is in a world of his own. He can’t help but thought back to last night’s strange experience. He feels like there was some connection between what he saw and the morning death of the little girl. Putting these two together made Yunho feel unsettling.

“Dr. Kim…” he spoke

“yes…”

“Last night….” he stopped, a bit hesitant to ask the question.

If he were to ask, would it sound like he is suspecting that Jaejoong might have something to do with the girl’s death? this is something that is impossible. Even though he only knows jaejoong for a few weeks, he knows for a fact that this man love children. Yunho also only saw the back of this person last night and didn’t see the front. The hall was dimly lit so it’s not very clear that it really was Jaejoong. Not to mention the fact that this person disappeared without a trace might make him seem a little crazy. Jaejoong didn’t say anything and only waited for Yunho to speak, even though there was a smile on his face, it was clearly filled with pure hidden grief. Upon seeing this, Yunho no longer wishes to ask the question.

“Never mind…”

He reached for the doorknob and turn it before pulling the door open but then he paused. He turn to jaejoong once more and spoke

“I know you probably already did everything you can to try and save her… so don’t blame yourself…we are only doctors, we don’t have magical healing power nor are we able to pull off lifesaving miracles…as doctors, we have our limits…there are just some things we can’t cure even if we tried…rather than focusing on those who have passed…think about those who still have a chance to live…. there are still other patients here waiting on you so don’t like them down…don’t waver but stand strong and move forward”

Jaejoong was taken aback by Yunho’s comforting words as his lip slowly curved into a teasing smile “you…really are worried about me…aren’t you? You can’t hide it, I can see it in your eyes”

Yunho felt the headache coming back as he turn around and walk out of the room without another word before slamming the door shut no longer wanting to talk to this man. Even though he was being serious and wanted to try to comfort the grieving man, he still turn it into something unpleasant. Jaejoong chuckled upon the predictable reaction from Yunho as he leans back on the bed staring up into the ceiling. He slowly pat the cat on his lap as silences once again filled the room.

“The law of life and death…no one should interfere no matter how much one wanted to…” he whispered into the room  turning his attention to the window.

As the day grew darker, Yunho made his rounds in the hospital, checking up on patients, answering questions and doing what he needed to do. He was in the ER talking to another fellow doctor when an ambulance pulls in with its flashing lights. The paramedics rush out of the car and to the back before pulling out a man who looks to be in his late 40’s on a stretcher. Half of his face is covered in blood and he seems to be unconscious. Seeing the situation, the doctor Yunho was talking to quickly rushes out to accept the patient. Since this was not his department, Yunho didn’t do anything but stand back and watch…allowing the ER doctor and nurses to do their job. Seeing that the situation has been stabilized, Yunho turn around and was about to leave when a loud scream echoed from the ER room. He turn around and look through the window of the door and to his horror, the man is now awake but very distraught. He had gotten out of the stretcher and managed to get his hand on a scissor causing quite the chaotic scene. Without any hesitation, Yunho quickly rushed into the ER room where all the staff has been spread out, none wanting to approach the man in case he tend to harm himself or others.

“What happen?” Yunho asked one of the nurse nearby

“We don’t know…he was supposed to be unconscious…but then he suddenly woke up and started to struggle violently when we were trying to clean his wounds…We tried to stop him but it was useless…”

“Why didn’t you sedate him?”

“We did…but…” the nurse turn to the old man covered in blood “It…it’s not working…”

Yunho turn his attention to the scene before him as the hospital security have now gotten involve. They and the doctor were trying to calm the man down but he refuses to put down the scissor. It wasn’t until someone tried to grab him from behind did he pointed the scissor directly at his neck causing everyone to stand still. The situation has become more and more out of control. They need to somehow calm this man down otherwise, they will end up with a dead body instead.

“Stay back! Otherwise…otherwise I will kill myself!” the old man threaten

“Please put the scissor down…let’s just talk about this…no one needs to get hurt and you don’t need to get hurt” said the doctor

No matter what the doctor said, the old man refuses to put down the scissor making the situation even more dare. The more they tried to convince him to stop, the more agitated he becomes. He started shouting, started saying strange things accusing everyone of bullying him…of wishing for him to quickly die. He will point the scissor at other patients or hospital staff calling them by different name, accusing them of being the one who made his life a living hell. This man was clearly delusional, probably affected by some kind of drugs before getting himself injured.

“Quickly…give me some sedative!” said Yunho

The nurse next to him nodded her head and quickly took out some sedative and handed it to him. With the old man turning his back to Yunho, he figure he will carefully approach him as to not alert him. He only took 2 steps when the entire room gasped as the old man raised the scissor to try and stab his own neck. Screams echoed in the room as Yunho rushed forward to try and stop the situation. Suddenly, there is a snap of a finger, the entire room froze as if time had stopped. Footsteps could be heard…slowly approaching the ER room. The large door was pushed open as the footsteps came closer as a white fluffy cat walked along side this person. The bell hanging by the red bow jingles every time it walks echoing into the room. They strolled pass all the frozen people and stood in front of the distraught patient. He reached over and took the scissor from the man's hand and smiled

“Such a troublesome patient…”