2.

Connected

Touching down in Nairobi, Leila did took a deep breath. I'm finally here, she thought to herself and exited the airport terminal. After spotting her name, on the sign held by her shuttle driver, she headed off to her hotel. She checked in, headed up to her room, switched on some music and jumped into the shower. After such a long trip, the hot water running down her body helped in making her feel a less like a feral cat and more like a human again.

Once she was done, Leila looked at her watch, it was only 5pm but she didn't really have the energy to do much this evening. She threw on her checked pink and grey pjyama pants and matching pink tee with Thumper on the front and climbed onto her bed.

Calling down to room service, she ordered a burger with fries and went online to let everyone at home know that she had arrived safely. In no time at all, her food was delivered and she chowing down while she planned her next two days in the city, before heading off on Safari.

Giraffe Centre? Ooh you can feed the giraffes there? Yeah that's cool. Elephant sanctuary? Wait that means baby elephants, stupid question, that's definitely a yes. There were so many things Leila wanted to see and do while she was here but as her eyes were growing heavy she set her alarm for the next morning at fell asleep dreaming of her upcoming adventures.

---

Daniel, Seongwoo and Yoon Jisung arrived at Incheon airport, with caps and masks on in an attempt to hide their faces. Jisung had kindly offered to drive both boys there.

"I can't believe you're doing this! Be safe and call me when you get there!" Said Jisung, wrapping Daniel in to a warm hug. "I also can't believe you asked Seongwoo to go with you instead of me!" He pouted pulling back.

"That's because I'm more handsome than you, hyung. And good looking people like us should travel together, that way our photos will look the most epic and beautiful" Seongwoo said teasingly, earning him a slap on the back of the head from Jisung.

Daniel's smile lit up his face behind his mask as he watched his two best friends bicker lightheartedly. Telling Jisung he was planning on going to Africa was harder than telling his own mother.

"Remind me again why you're going all the way to Africa for the break?" Jisung asked Daniel. 

"I told you, hyung, this next year with Wanna One is going to be amazing right? Everything we worked for?" Both Seongwoo and Jisung nodded. "So I need to make sure I'm still me before we start this, so I don't lose myself in the process. Best way I've thought to do that is by going somewhere no one will know who I am. So I can't stay here or even anywhere in Asia really. And besides, Africa is home to some really big cats!" Daniel explained excitedly.

"Okay, okay! Just be careful, both of you" Jisung sighed, eyeing both of the boys. "Now go get on that plane and I will be here to get you when you get back. Don't get into trouble."

Daniel and Seongwoo gave Jisung one last bro hug and headed towards their gate, their final destination in Africa; Nairobi, Kenya.

The flight was long, 17.5hrs total, along with a stop in Bangkok, on the way. As their plane flew over Kenya, Daniel stared out the window at the sparce lights scattered across the ground and felt almost giddy. I'm actually here! He thought to himself.

Shaking Seongwoo awake, in preparation for landing, Daniel turned to his friend "Thanks for doing this with me" he said.

"You'd be bored without me" Seongwoo responded smiling.

"Hah! Yeah you keep thinking that... It might come true one day. But anyway, I'm really glad you're with me. Thanks man" Daniel replied.

They hopped off the plane and headed to the hotel. There were no screaming fans or people staring at them from behind their phone screens, just everyone going about their business. It was a little strange at first, but nice all the same. "I miss my fans already" murmered Seongwoo, he had adjusted to idol life better than Daniel had.

Daniel loved to dance, and he could rap and sing. Everyone tells him he has great charm and charisma, ideal traits for an idol. Here lies his problem, yes he wants to be an idol, but he wasn't sure he was cut out for it. Often, he'd rather just be at home with his cats. What if he disappoints everyone? What if he isn't really as good as everyone makes him out to be? What if it was just great editing that made him popular? The 'what if's' were becoming more and more common, and not helping with his confidence either.

---

Leila woke to the sound of her alarm; she must have been exhausted to sleep the whole night through. The time difference was going to take some getting used to. She rolled out of bed to get ready; threw on her jeans and paired them with an oversized grey tee and converse. She left her long dark hair to fall naturally in loose waves, it was just easier than trying to actually do something with it. She put on a light amount of makeup on and she was good to go.

She glanced in the mirror with a satisfied look on her face "Day one, Lei, let's do this!" She said to her reflection, fists up giving herself some encouragement. It wasn't that she was shy or aprehensive, but she looked at this opportunity to start the next phase of her life. She grabbed her book and threw her handbag over her shoulder as she headed downstairs to breakfast.

For 9.30am, the breakfast area was still full of people. She spotted the last free table and put her book down to save her seat. First downfall of solo travelling, no one to save your table while you venture up for food, she thought to herself. 

She headed to the buffet. There was so much to choose from, continental style, hot foods and a whole lot of dishes that would not be classed as 'breakfast foods' back home. She decided to stick with the safe option for a now; a croissant, fresh fruit with yoghurt and a coffee. Coffee was a necessity if she wanted to actually be able to form sentences within the next couple of hours.

As she headed back towards her table with her food, she faltered slightly. There are no spare tables any more, where did hers go? She cast her eyes across the tables until they landed on her book, which she made a bee line directly for. She stopped next to her table which was now had two people now sitting at it.

"Um, hi, I'm Leila, this is my book." She said looking down and pointing at her book "and this was my table, hence why my book is here. I just left it here so I could go get breakfast and come back to my table, which I suppose is also your table now too." She rambled without making eye contact with the tables occupants. She glanced around the room, "uh, so, it doesn't really look like there are any other tables free and so, uh..." Just get on with it Lei, this wont be the first time on your trip you will need to interact with strangers. Be nice...

"Would would you mind if I sat with you?" She asked confidently. Leila turned her head, finally looking up at the people occupying her table, and wow was she glad she hadn't looked up earlier - these guys two were strikingly good looking, both sitting with an easy confident air about them that would've made her ramble on more than she did already. One sitting to her left had a head of black hair and strong features, with a slight grin that made it look like he was about to say something sarcastic. Yeah, that one knew he was good looking. The other boy sat opposite him, with a cap covering his golden brown hair and an easy smile resting on his full lips.

"I just want to sit and eat my breakfast" she finished awkwardly.