A Woman Who Loves to Interfere

Descendants of the Scarlet Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. Had some issues at home. Here's the next chapter and to comply with everyone's request, it's a little longer! Let me know what you think, guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mo Yeon looked at the pond before her, lost in thoughts of the events of the last 24 hours and sighed heavily.

"I suppose I have no choice but to accept it. Somehow, after that accident, I time-traveled back a few hundred years. This seems to be around the early 18th century. It seems hangul has already been introduced, so at least I don't have to learn Chinese characters while I'm here. Aish, this is crazy. I'm not even religious! How am I supposed to believe that time travel is even possible?"

"Who are you talking to, Mo Yeon-ah?" her 'cousin' asked as she came to sit next to her.

"Oh, no one, just myself."

JaAe smiled delicately at her and looked out at the ducks on the water.

"My husband tells me you had quite the adventure in town this morning. Tell me, what happened to you after he lost you?"

MoYeon sighed to herself, thinking of her encounter with her had-been boyfriend.

"Who is the man in the mask that everyone fears?"

JaAe gasped "Did you have an encounter with Yoo Si Jin? Are you alright? Did he do anything to you?"

MoYeon frowned at the way her friend spoke.

"He kept me from being trampled by horses. I scolded him very severely for being so reckless with the lives of the villagers."

"Mo Yeon! He is a Captain!"

"And? Does that make him God?"

"You must have truly hurt your head in that accident. You live under the roof of the Fourth Prince. He can get in trouble for your actions. By disrespecting the Fifth Prince you dishonor the Fourth!"

"Mwo? Prince! That makes it even worse."

"I'll say," the lady of the house agreed.

"He should have a duty to his people. He should be more vigilant of those under his care!"

"You are missing the point! He is a prince! You are only a distant relative of a prince's wife. Even added that your father was a governor does you no good against him. If he asks for you to be punished there will be no mercy for you!"

MoYeon groaned,"then I will have to hope it doesn't come to that. Surely he is not that cruel."

"It is said that he once cut through his own comrads on the battlefield when the rain was so thick that you could not see the uniform of your enemy."

"I don't believe that," Mo Yeon denied," no soldier, no prince, would sacrifice his friends to make sure the enemy was quelled."

"He is blood thirsty, Cousin," she insisted, "Be sure to steer clear of him in the future, ne?"

Just then a maid came running from the compound towards them and grasped her knees as she came to a stop to keep from falling over.

"My lady, the King has ordered that the Fifth Prince reside here during his stay in the capital!"

"What!" she cried, jumping to her feet unsteadily, "how long will that be?"

"He has declared that he will not leave until the aCrowned Princess has chosen a husband and is wed!"

JaAe swayed on her feet but the maid and Mo Yeon caught her before she could fall.

"Lady Ja Ae," the maid cried.

"You must make an effort to avoid him, Mo Yeon. I fear for you if he were to discover you."

"Fourth Prince!" the maid greeted from behind them, bowing deeply.

"My lady, our guest is soon to arrive. Are you well enough to greet him at my side?"

The Princess smiled.

"Yes, my lord."

He turned to Mo Yeon and smiled.

"Will you be joining us, Cousin?"

"Actually," Ja Ae interrupted, " my dear cousin was just saying she has developed a headache. I feel it would be best if she were to take a rest. She is still recovering from her ordeal."

"Oh," Mo Yeon moaned, holding the side of her head, "ne, I have a headache. I should rest."

"Then, if you will excuse us," the prince bowed his head towards her before steering his wife towards the front yard.

MoYeon sighed as she walked along the porch towards the back of the complex, feeling that going in through the back was less likely to get her spotted by the Prince in the front.

"Excuse me," a maid cried as she bumped into her, but continued running with the pail of steaming water towards the servant's wing. Another came running with towels and rags, and Mo Yeon wondered what was going on that had them in such a rush. Deciding she had nothing better to do, she decided to follow them.The closer she got to her destination the louder the screams got. Many young women snd a few men gathered outside of a room."Shille hamnida,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter