Becoming A Lady

Descendants of the Scarlet Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Aish, I can't believe my rotten luck," Mo Yeon cried out to herself as she marched down the sidewalk.

"Mo Yeon-ah!" Myung Ju yelled from behind her.

"Jagiya, jamkkanmanya!"

"Kkeo jyeo! Get out of my face, Pabo! I don't want to hear it!"

He grabbed her arm and pulled her to a stop, forcing her to turn to face him.

"I swear it isn't what it looks like. You know me, and you know how dedicated Myung Ju is to Dae Young. Do you really think we would cheat on the two of you together?"

"That's what it look like from where I was standing. There's only one way you can get 'more cheating' then the kind of kissing you two were doing. Now move!"

"I said its not like that! Please let me explain!"

"Don't even think about it," she hissed, shaking his arm off, "We're done. Unless you want to die, don't ever let me see your face again, arasso?"

She took off running down the sidewalk after kicking him hard in the shin to prevent him from following her too quickly. She was halfway across the next street when she heard the two of them call out to her in terrified voices.

"Mo Yeon!"

Before she could even turn, before she could even look, she heard the sound of tires screeching, metal crunching, and glass and bones breaking. She could feel her body being lifted off the ground as if gravity had suddenly started working in reverse, could feel warm liquid gushing down her legs and more stickiness coating her torso as blood flowed from her body. She could feel herself hitting the ground...

Then everything went black.

 

Early 1700s

Joseon

 

"Lady Kang! Lady Kang, can you hear us?"

MoYeon groaned but found it too difficult to open her eyes."Mo Yeon, are you awake? Can you hear us?"

"Ja Ae? Is that you?" She moaned quietly.

"Oh, thank goodness," the older woman sighed, "We were beginning to worry that you would not wake up."

"What happened?" she asked a she slowly sat up, "I feel like I've been run over."

"But you were, my lady!" Nurse Choi, dressed oddly in traditional robes, cried enthusiastically, arms flailing about as she dramatically explained, "One of the capital's coachman trampled over you with an entire team of horses when you jumped out in front of those children!"

"I did what? Horses? What are you talking about? There are no horses in Seoul."

"Seoul? Where is that?"

"I think my lady may still be a bit out of it," someone whispered.

"Perhaps the damage to her head was worse than the physicians said," another unfamiliar voice said.

"Mo Yeon, perhaps you should rest some more. I will call for a physician to examine you now that you are awake."

"Call for a physician? Is Dr. Song not on duty today? I could have sworn he was in charge of the ER today."

"'ER'?"

"Nurse Ha, I think you are the one who n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter