Six

Fluffy/ty One Shots

We are best friends. We met when we were eight years old. He was a well mannered kid from a hard-working family. I was a rather confused kid from a hard-working immigrant family. He was naturally intelligent and I wasn't. He could grasp any concept of any subject and I couldn't. High honor roll student, straight As, and me? I'd be lucky if I got in any list for academics. He was this, he was that, and I was this, I was that. Endless contradictions of each other. Another difference? Ten years later and I am infatuated with him, and he still only sees me as a friend. Ouch, right?

I've moved away since then, now living in a completely different state. We still keep in touch but it's rather rare to have full blown conversations what with the different time zones and schools and such. Despite that though, we're still keeping our best friend status. We talk when we can. (Right now, I'm back in town for a short visit). He's a good kid. And he proved that. Maybe that's why I fell for him in the first place. 

Let me break down my situation for you. Being in love with your best friend isn't fun as the movies or books make it out to be when they always have a different girlfriend every six months or so. He's known as the grade's casanova. You know what the creepy/funny thing is about that part? All of his past girlfriends have had the same names, are in the same group of people, and have at least one thing in common with me. His ex even had the same birthday as me. ~Weird~ Those little "coincidences" are the tiny glimpses of hope that I hang onto, hoping that he'll see what he's looking for is right in front of him. (Well, not literally, but you get the point). Those are the tiny glimpses of hope that I'm holding onto on nights like these. In less than half an hour, I get to drive around with him in his car. I nervously look at my clock on my night stand. It's about midnight. I nervously pace around my room, we're gonna be alone at night together. Sure, what's the worst thing that can happen? He'll start talking about his girlfriend and I'll just have a physical break down right then and there. Perfect. Exactly how I like to spend my night. Ding! My phone went off from a text. Oh, he's outside. I swallowed my fears and headed on out. 

"Hey." I got in the car.

"Took you long enough." 

"Oh, that was like two minutes."

"Sure."

"So where are we gonna go first?"

"Wherever I feel like parking."

"Okay." I chuckled.

"So how have you been?"

"Eh, it's been pretty cool, I guess. New friends, new school, it's nice to start over. You?" I shrugged.

"Same old, same old. Nothing's really changed for me."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Relationship wise, you've been a busy person though." I tested the waters.

"I guess, I just go with the flow, you know? Give em the benefit of the doubt."

Why have you not given me the benefit of the doubt then?

"I see." I nodded.

"That's the direction in where she lives, well...... I think." 

"You don't know where she lives?"

"Um...not well."

"But you've been there be-"

"Yeah, so what about you?"

"Hm?" I was caught off guard when he cut me off.

"Any relationships?"

"Ha, sure. If you count him being a wuss and ignoring me the whole time we were called a couple. Ditching me, using me, hiding from me. It was a wonderful relationship." I bitterly laughed.

"That's ed up." He chuckled along.

"He was," I quickly commented. "It was some time ago, I'm just glad it's over honestly."

"Shoot, I would be too. That sounds terrible, I'm sorry."

"For?"

"That stupid moron and the way he treated you."

"You know, me too, he's so stupid."

"Definitely." He nodded, pulling up to a grocery store.

I didn't question it and just went along with it. We walked into the store together, side by side, as we headed to the back of the store. 

"Give me your hand."

"What, why?"

"Just do it."

I hesitantly obligated as he held it; not too softly, not too hard. It felt.....just right, even though it was so wrong. He continued walking nonchalantly as if this was normal. Is he making a move on me? What the hell is going on? I waddled along behind him, completely confused.

"Why are we holding hands?"

"So I don't lose you."

Oh, sure, make fun of my height.

"You ."

"What? I'm serious."

"Hmph."

We ran around the store and made fools of ourselves for who knows how long. An employee literally called us a couple and I was so very surprised. My stupid best friend just said thanks and nodded as we sat down on a bench together. 

"We aren't a couple."

"So?"

"So why'd you say thanks?"

"To save him from apologizing."

"You're so weird."

"I know."

"Ew."

"Oh, shut up," He retorted. "You ready to go?"

"Sure, let me call my sister to open the door."

"Did you forget your key again?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and dialed the number in my phone.

The phone rang and rang and rang. Each call felt like it was longer than the other, all ending up taking me to voicemail. Goddammit, did she fall asleep? I sighed out of frustration, ruffling my hair.

"She's not picking up." 

"Oh, uh, you can stay over at mine, no problem."

"Really?"

"Sure, why not?"

"You're the best!"

"I know."

"Oh, this is why I never compliment you."

We got in the car as he drove back to his place. Not after saying bye to all of the workers that were in the store first, of course. He parked in front of his apartment and opened the door for me as we both walked into his place together. It looked very nice and neat despite its small exterior. 

"I don't have a couch so um, you don't mind splitting the bed half and half, do you?"

"Of course not dude, it's your place. I feel bad enough being here."

"Oh, don't feel bad, you're fine." He smiled before taking off his shirt.

"Jesus, a warning would be nice!" I hissed, covering my face.

"Oh come on, you're acting like you've never seen a guy shirtless." He scoffed.

"That's your excuse?"

"I sleep shirtless."

"Really? Hm, well, in that case, let me get comfortable too."

I smirked. He completely froze in his spot, eyes following my hands that were traveling down to the buttons on my jeans, slowly undoing them and sliding it down to the floor. I was wearing a black t-shirt that basically went down to my knees when I untucked it. Who knew I could be this bold?

"A-are you trying to seduce me?"

"No, I sleep like this." I innocently shook my head.

"O-okay, well, you can go to bed first, I'm gonna go......brush my teeth." He quickly left the room.

After a few minutes, my curiousity started to grow. I mean is he really brushing his teeth? I followed his direction and went face to face with what I think is the bathroom door. It was slightly cracked open as I slowly looked in. 

", __________." I froze at the mention of my name.

He's ing, thinking about me, my name. My face flushed immediately as I gasped, covering my mouth and turned to lean on the wall beside the door. What should I do? Should I interrupt him? Well......actually, sure, let's see what he would do. I mischievously smiled. I opened the door and acted surprised.

"What are you doing?" I gasped.

"N-nothing! Jesus, don't you know how to knock?"

"The door wasn't even closed."

"Oh, goddammit." He sighed and went back to the bedroom.

I smiled and followed him into bed. My back faced him as he was facing towards my back. After a while, I heard the bed move as well as his bare chest pressed against my . The warmth gave me security. Suddenly, I felt his lips peppering kisses from the nape of my neck down to my shoulders. My eyes fluttered close at the sensation. His hand traveled down to my hip and rested there for a little bit before going further. He cupped my heat, then gradually ran circles around my , earning a quiet moan from me. 

"Oh, you're awake."

"How could I sleep after hearing you moan my name?" I turned to face him.

"Y-you were listening?!"

"I tried not to."

"What a naughty girl." He chuckled and leaned down to kiss me.It was a soft, gentle, loving kiss. There was only sweetness. With that kiss alone, I felt like I was in heaven. He pulled away and smiled. His eyes bore into mine an expression of love and adoration that was so filling, I would never starve again. He hovered over me and kissed his way down to my chest, not before my neck and collarbone. I was sure that would leave a mark. Unhooking my bra and throwing my shirt over my shoulder, he took his time scanning me intensely. However, I wasn't in the moment. He clearly has a girlfriend and been with her for like four months, why am I chosen to be the convenient ?

"What's wrong?" He asked, stopping completely.

"Nothing."

"You're gonna lie to me when you're half in my room?"

"Um, okay, I don't want to be used for a convenient ." I sat up.

"Oh, sweetie," He immediately crawled up to face me. "I'm not using you, I could never use you. I love you."

"Yeah, as a friend, I ing know." I spat, rolling my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean? You have a girlfriend, and you're what, using me right now? Please stop playing dumb with me, I never intended for this to happen tonight," I put on my shirt. "I'm sure your girlfriend is a really nice person and whatnot, but don't use me and don't underestimate me either." I walked to the door of his room.

"W-wait, let me explain. Please." There was immediate panic in his voice.

"Go ahead." I sighed, turning around to cross my arms across my chest.

"I don't have a girlfriend, we broke up recently-"

"Oh, great, now I'm a rebound, I feel so much better." 

"Will you let me finish? We broke up like two months ago. She cheated on me and I really resent her honestly. But anyway, in that amount of time, I was able to heal and realize that you're the one that I want. You're the one that's been by my side. I don't want to just use you. You're really important to me." 

"So you like me?" I asked.

"Yes. If you don't want to do any of this right now, then that's okay. I understand. I'm sorry for just going at it instead of explaining everything to you sooner." 

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry for overreacting." I walked back to him. 

"No, no, you are fine. We can do this another night." He smiled.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, because tonight we will go on our first real date together." 

"Wait, is that how you're asking me out?" 

"Yes. Please say yes." He chuckled.

"Of course, I'm saying yes. But it's late out right now, are you sure you wanna go out?" 

"Well, we can always go out tomorrow if you want."

"Yeah, let's just go to bed." I smiled.

"Yes ma'am." He leaned in for a kiss and the rest is history. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So after an almost four year hiatus, i'm back guys! I have so many drafts for this fic and i'm really excited to finally post them! i'm so sorry i came back so late please forgive me T__________T 

 

 

 

​​​​​​

​​​​​