One

Fluffy/ty One Shots

My best thoughts come from my imagination. 

My best adventures are unplanned.

My best experiences come from my day dreams.

Me? I like living in a dream like state of mind. 

I'm a hopeless romantic that has their eyes set on someone. Someone so amazing and kindhearted that no person can ever say anything bad about them. An incredibly intelligent and talented person. Whose height perfectly compliments mine because my head rests right on their chest. And yet, it all seems too good to ever be true. That amazing person? Being mine? I don't think so. This quiet, shy, little person couldn't possibly get that outgoing athlete. The closest that I could get is right now, simply friends. I took a deep breath and let out a big sigh as I doodle random things on my notebook.

"Dude, hey, HEY!" My friend yells as I jump, completely startled.

"Huh?" I replied in a daze.

"You weren't listening to a single word I said, what are you thinking about?"

"How I'll grow old and die a lonely, single person." I said, nonchalantly.

"What, hey, don't you lik-"

"Shhh! So what if I like him?"

"You should just ask him out, people already think you guys are a thing anyway." She shrugged.

Well...................she's not wrong. 

"I don't know how or why they would, friends hug all the time."

"Not like you guys."

"What do you mean?"

"Dude, your head is literally on his chest."

"Your point?"

"Ah, you are an idiot!"

"What, I don't get it!" I pouted.

"You know what, never mind. I'll just go talk to him myself."

"Wait, what, no, what are you going to say?" I panicked.

"You won't understand cause you're an idiot." She stuck her tongue out at me and left.

What the hell....I scratched my head and went into class.

We were practicing our speeches before actually going up to do them as my phone started to blink. It was my friend.

Uh.....he's coming for you.

I blinked at the message, completely confused. 

What? What are you talking about?

I sent the message quickly and put my phone away as speeches were beginning to be presented. As the presenter finished up their speech, we clapped respectfully and I went up to the podium. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before speaking, a calming method I learned from some of my most favorite teachers.

"Good morning, Ladies a-"

The door swung open as he walked straight to the teacher.

"She has to come with me right now." 

"She is in the middle of giving a very important speech right now, please wait."

"No ma'am, I cannot wait, this is very important, more so than any speech in this class." He bravely challenged as I watched, shocked and confused.

"Well, I suppose she can always make up the gra-"

Before she even finished her sentence, he immediately came up to the podium and took me by the arm, leading me out of the classroom as we stood in silence. But he never let go of my arm, (not that I wanted him to). I didn't have the confidence to even look up at his face, I stared at the ground and simply waited for him to talk. I mean, he is the one who barged into my class and dragged me out. I'm not very patient though, so I had to do something to break the tension.

"So....." I spoke.

"So...first of all, I'm sorry for interrupting your class like that. Second of all, I have something really important to tell you. And third of all, thank your friend for talking some sense into me." I lifted my head up a little to see his dimple. I realized he was smiling which made me imitate him. 

"What do you have to tell me?" 

"Well, more like ask, but I guess they're the same." 

"What is it?" I pouted.

"God, you just-"

"What....?" I stared up at him in curiousity.

In a swift, sudden movement, he let go of my arm but both his hands cupped either sides of my face. He paused, looking into my eyes with adoration and.......softness. My heart began to pound violently against my ribcage as I anticipated his lips on mine. But. He pulled away.

"I'm sorry, that was weird of me. I didn't mean to do that." 

"N-no, it's okay." I stuttered, still confused and shook up.

"I just, I'm not sure how to say this."

"Oh, how hard can it be? Just spit it out." I urged.

"Wait. I got you something." He pulled out a bag of gummy bears, my favorite type of candy.

"OH MY, HOW DID YOU KNOW?" I smiled and gladly accepted it.

He kept his eyes on me as I opened the bag and it was.......intense. I popped a gummy bear into my mouth and was about to offer him one but he stopped me. He took my wrist and pulled me close to him, making direct physical contact. He cupped my face once again and immediately pressed his lips on mine. I completely melted into it. Is this a dream? We slowly pulled away as I slowly chewed on my bottom lip. 

"Hey, no one's allowed to chew on that lip but me." He whispered huskily in my ear as I felt my face heat up.

"I almost choked on my gummy bear. Did you really take me out of class to mess with me?" I asked.

"Wait. No, I'm not messing with you."

"Then what am I out here for?"

"I-I just wanted to know....if you would like to go...out with me...?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Hmm....I'll think about it." I mischievously smiled.

"What? But you- the kiss-"

"Hey, you were the one that kissed me."

"You let me!"

"You caught me by surprise."

"Fine. I'm going to kiss you again." 

This time, he went much slower. Taking the time to look at my every move. He stopped just before our lips touched. As his lips hovered dangerously over mine, he gave a slight smirk which I grew tired of. I tilted my head up just enough for our lips to touch and he quickly responded, wrapping his arms around me. I pulled away first.

"So, is that a yes?" He gave a cheeky smile.

"That's a maybe."

"But this time you-"

"I have to get back to class." I smiled and waved.