Interlude

How I met and fell in love with you

A/N: Mentioned character death.

*****

The memory was blurry yet still vivid, the feeling still embracing his heart when he thought back to the day YunHo first had left him alone behind. How should he be able to forget it when his beloved Granny Mae had left him just at the same time?

A mirthless smile lay on his lips when he gazed at the picture of him and his husband lying in her arms. He still could remember her scent, the lingering smell of lavender and her warm palm caressing his cheek.

“HyunAe! Look after your brothers for a while,” ripped him out of his thoughts, the smooth voice of his husband resounding from the hallway underneath the attic. His heart skipped a beat, the voice ever so calming to him. It reminded him of the days when they met again and of the days he had come to fall in love. It took him years to notice though.

“Aish,” he muttered softly under his breath. This pregnancy was making him all emotional again.

A single tear escaped his eyes when he paged forward, the last picture of his deceased mother staring back at him. He had been 13, a little rebel with pierced ears and a silver band gracing his left eyebrow when his mother had lost her battle against the cancer wrecking her body. Back then he had lived with his sister at their father's place, both allowed to do whatever they wanted. It was AhYoung's fault that he was so drawn to piercings and tattoos; she loved them just as much. He still wore some of his piercings to this very day, more than 20 years later.

And just a few years later he had met him again; 16 and freshly moved to Seoul with a tattoo gracing his ankle and a darkish ring pierced through the left corner of his bottom lip.