First Day

Woolim University (REVAMPED!!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol had slept through three of his alarms already. He finally woke up when the fourth one went off, which vibrated loudly in his ears. He slowly rubbed his eyes and stared at clock. Squinting, he put his glasses on and read the time again. 

7:21 AM. 

Sungyeol yawned, still not processing the time. He looked at the clock once more.

7:22 AM.

Sungyeol widened his eyes this time. 

 Oh , it's 7:22! Jesus Christ, I can't believe I slept through my alarms again. And today's the first day too..

Sungyeol snapped back into place and jumped out of bed. He ran to the bathroom and immediately starting brushing his teeth. 

"Damn, why am I so tired today? Oh right, that customer..."  Sungyeol mumbled to himself. 

After hastily brushing his teeth, he threw water on his face as an effort to rinse his skin. He ran back to his room and moved towards his closet, grabbing whatever he could find. 

Shoot, I completely forgot about the uniform. I would've bought it sooner, but those uniforms were so expensive.

Sungyeol shook his head in dismay. 

Whatever. I'll figure something out later.

He got into a baggy pair of cargo pants and an extremely loose teeshirt. He reached for his dirty, old sneakers for who knows how long he's had them for. In his cramped apartment, everything was in close reach to him. The room he rented out was on the rooftop and was very tiny. The bathroom was slightly gross and there was no air conditioning. Rent was stupidly cheap however, and only a three mile run away from the campus. He figured that he might as well walk to school too, so he could save money on subway fares. 

The clock read 7:31. It had taken Sungyeol almost 10 minutes to get ready. He grabbed all his notebooks and binders and shoved them into his torn up backpack. He zipped the backpack closed and headed towards the door. He walked out and locked the door. He made his way down the three flights of stairs. When he made his way to ground level, he made a run for it, sprinting towards the sidewalk. 

If I'm lucky, I can make it in 25 minutes. It's so hard to stay awake though.

Sungyeols lanky body and long legs made it easy for him to run very quickly. He could run a mile in five minutes if he tried. However, there were many moments of delay on the way to university, where he had to constantly wait for streetlights to let him cross. 

After more than 20 minutes of almost nonstop running, he finally made it to the campus entrance. He looked at his phone. 

7:53 AM.

Sungyeol let out a sigh of relief. His curious eyes wandered everywhere as he walked into campus. 

Wow. So this is Woolim University huh. It's ridiculously huge.

There were a bunch of students hanging out on campus. Everyone was clad in their school uniforms, so Sungyeol stuck out like a sore thumb. Many students started staring at this odd boy with his clunky glasses and raggedy clothing. Girls pointed out and sneered and boys gave dirty looks. 

By now, Sungyeol was so used to being the weird stand out, so he brushed off everyones stares like nothing. He continued checking out the campus grounds, looking at the golden fountains with awe. 

Damn, this school is so rich. How did I even end up here?

As Sungyeol walked up the marble steps of one of the buildings, a boy walking the other way caught his eye. He examined the boy's face, who briefly made eye contact with him. There was something familar about the boy, but the the boy didn't seem to recognize Sungyeol. They passed by each other like strangers, but a few seconds after passing him, a lightbub lit up in Sungyeol's head.  

"Oh!" Sungyeol suddenly turned his head back. 

Wait, is that the guy? I don't think so, he didn't seem like a college student. Man, am I getting confused? I could've sworn it was him. 

Sungyeol shook his head and continued walking up the steps.

"Hey Myungsoo! Where the hell are you going, the classroom is the other way!" A voice shouted from behind. A boy ran to Myungsoos side and put his arm over Myungsoo shoulders. 

Sungyeol recognized that name, Myungsoo. It rang a very clear bell in his head. He abruptly turned his head around in dismay, scanning the crowd for this "Myungsoo". 

 You gotta be ting me. It really is him, his name was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter