Late Night Encounter

Woolim University (REVAMPED!!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past midnight. It was almost silent at the bar Sungyeol worked at, and most of the customers had left by then. It generally wasn't very busy, though there was an influx of people who came the hour before. By now, there were no customers to be seen.

 Sungyeol was scrubbing dirty cups and dishes. When there were no dishes to wash, he would occasionally study schoolwork or finish reading a book. Aside with dealing with the occasional drunkards, there wasn't much to do. He was forced to work shifts as late as three am, though he often got away with closing the bar earlier. The awkward, obscure location of the bar made it relatively unpopular and mostly deserted after midnight.

Working at the bar was just one of many part time jobs Sungyeol had. He was only in his second year of university and he had already worked countless part jobs to pay for tuition. From coffee shops to convenience stores to amusement parks, there were barely any part time jobs he hadn't had experience in. 

As Sungyeol was attending to his daily tasks, the bell from the door rang. The door abruptly opened-behind the door was a young man in his early 20's. As he walked in, his eyes wandered, examining every nook and cranny in the cramped bar and giving curious glances. He sighed in relief, walking towards a bar seat.

"You good?' Sungyeol asked.

"Yeah, why?" The man replied.

"No reason. What can I get for you?"

"Soju?"

"Got it." 

Sungyeol reached out for a shotglass with his long, lanky arms, giving it  to the man. He walked and grabbed a soju bottle from the cooler, opening it with ease. Returning with the open bottle, he started pouring some soju into the shotglass. 

"Thanks." The man said flatly. 

Sungyeol nodded, wiping his hands with a spare towel.

The man grabbed the glass and took a shot. He sighed deeply afterwards and had a sour look on his face. 

"Long day?" Sungyeol inquired.

"Yeah. I guess" The man answered. 

"Work?" Sungyeol questioned again.

"Nah. Girl troubles." 

"Oh?" Sungyeol arched a brow. "What kind?" Sungyeol asked with curiosity. 

"Probably nothing you would understand." The man said, examining Sungyeol from head to toe. 

"Really? I know I'm just a bartender, but I know more than you think. Try me."
"Why should I tell you anything?" The man smirked.

"Hey, you were the one who opened up."

"Whatever. Well, I had another dumb blind date today. I came here after trying to get away from that annoying girl. God, I swear. If I'm gonna go on these stupid blind dates, why can't it be with someone tasteful at least. All these girls are so bland, talking about the same things, like what designer bag they want or the perfume they're wearing." 

"Wow. Can't relate man." Sungyeol remarked.

"Figured as much." The man smirked again. "Its a waste of energy talking to some random bartender."

"Suit yourself." 

The man poured himself another shot. As he was about to drink, his cellphone started to ring. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and looked at the caller ID. Sighing, he picked up. 

"Yeah?"

"Where the hell are you Myungsoo? Our investor just called to tell me that his daughter said you ditched her during dinner. What is the meaning of this?" The caller said, with anger.

"Oh yeah." Myungsoo said back uninterestly. 

"Is that all you have to say?" The man on the line shouted.

"So what dad? She was so boring like the rest of the others. If I had stayed any longer I would've shoot myself in the head." 

"Myungsoo! I swear to God, why don't you listen to a damn thing I tell you to do? That investor is bringing a lot of money in, all you needed to do was cooperate for one dinner!" His dad exclaimed. 

"Yeah I thought you would say something like that. Whatever, got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter