I was a fool...

Smile, Krystal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsebMOWQiYM

In a chilly April night, there lies a brunette who wraps herself under the thick blanket, staring into nowhere. I miss him. I miss us. Could we have a second chance? The doorbell rings, making the brunette groans and stumbles to open the front door with her blanket on. A short-haired girl leans against the door frame with two booklets on her hand. “Oh you got them!!!” the brunette gasps and grabs the booklets. “Yah you should have welcomed me in first Jung Soojung.” the short-haired girl pouts and lets herself in. “You know I have been waiting for a long time and I can’t help it, Amber.” “Yea yea three days is a long wait Krystal.” Krystal slices open the plastic wrap with care and flips over the booklet in a hurry. She smiles as long as she looks at the monochrome card, with the picture of a certain someone that she misses dearly. “Woahhhh congrats girl!!! Told you the fate between you two is still there!” Amber peeks over Krystal’s shoulders and shouts in the younger’s ears, earning herself a deadly glare.

 

Krystal’s POV

Told you the fate between you two is still there! Amber’s words repeat in my mind but I don’t dare to have high hopes anymore. Not when we are so far from each other, and after all those words I said to him. I wish there was a turning back so I could save all those terrible words to him. I always want to meet him again, heck I even dream about this from time to time. But I guess I will never know how to face him again years after.

 

 

“Why the gloomy face though, princess? Are you sad cause I didn’t get you the signed versions? I’m not close with anyone of them and I don’t have ties in YG... mianhe.” “Nah it’s alright. Thank you for getting these for me instead. I just thought maybe this is going to be the only way for me to know his life...” I hang my head low and say bittersweetly as my fingertips brush along his picture. “Soojung.” Amber kneels before me. “Nothing is impossible. Sometimes it just takes longer for the right time to come. I’m sure he and you will meet each other again. Not now, but soon. God just wants you two to be fully prepared before the right moment comes.”

 

 

Right. I know that I am not prepared to see him again even if he comes out of nowhere now. I am still in the sea of sorrow when I think of us. “Do you think he would forgive me?” I ask softly.

 

 

“Honestly it is not easy for one to forgive and forget. But a nice guy like him will understand you easier. Think of the bright side Soojung ah! Think of what to say to him instead of repeating unnecessary worries again and again. Otherwise you may turn white-haired the next morning bwahahaha!” I pretend to hit Amber but I secretly thank her for being such a supportive and encouraging friend. Victoria and Luna also know about this. The three of them have been comforting and ensuring me that things will eventually turn into the right place.

 

 

After Amber left for her usual night skateboarding, I play the new WINNER CD in my laptop and have Fool on repeat. The preview got me so anticipated with just the “I was a fool” line. I am 100% sure that it must be an excellent track. Tears feel uncontrollably when I first listened it at home. Even for now.

 

 

“Disappearing from my sight

Those cruel words

I spat out without hesitation

Anyone that saw me would say

I was a fool

Even I say sorry now

It won’t change anything

I know

.

.

.

A crazy person like me

Is the one who pushed you away

Oh I was a fool

Baby I was a fool

All these sorrows right now

Can’t really change anything

.

.

.

You were once my bright light which is so far away now

Recalling those scattered memories

I’m missing you every day and night

Please come back and pretend nothing happened

.

.

.

What a stupid. What a fool.

I only know now that I am wrong

What an idiot. What a fool.

I only know now that I am wrong

Baby I was a fool

I was a fool”

 

 

The fact that he took the biggest part in writing the lyrics shattered my heart. Even though he said in an interview that he was thinking about their past member when he wrote this, there is a part of me that believes this is something personal from him. Because the feelings are so familiar… it’s just the roles were switched.

 

Or is he sorry for what he said? He shouldn’t cause I was the one who pushed him away… I could still remember his gentle face saying he respect my decision and bidding his goodbye to me even he was trying to hide his hurt look… for the very last time.

 

See, my thoughts aren’t unnecessary afterall when I did hurt him badly back then. Even I wouldn’t forgive a person like me too. I am just paying for my sins with sorrowful feelings all these years and I know it can never compensate.

 

Sometimes I am so tired of the thought that we will never see each other again and I will think: it might be for the best for both of us. At least he doesn’t have to recall those terrible memories, and I still get to know his news in the cyber world.

 

I fall asleep due to the exhaustion from crying, with this song softly lingering in my room.

 

I was a fool. But would you give me a second chance to prove otherwise?


Long time no see guys!!! Sorry for not updating since forever because I have been so fed up with uni stuff and my personal issues weren't helping... one thing for sure, I will not abandon this story :)

I know a lot has happened during this long period: Prison Playbook (and the JjungKkang picture OMG!!!!! The two babies in one frame after six long years!!! I still wanna cry when I think of this huhuhu TT), the 100 million streams of Really Really in melon (first boy group to achieve this yay!!!), Lunber's Lower and Victoria's Roof on Fire (super duper dope!!!), WINNER's Japanese tracks and their coming 2ND FULL ALBUM!! etc. (I cant name all of them here but I always keep track of my eight babies) 

Please continue to support them, especially when WINNER's EVERYD4Y is released on 4/4 and when Lunber perform in Dubai on 6/4 :) 

Hope you all had a nice Easter Break and I would try to update as much as possible!

Leave your comments to let me know how this story is going, or guess what's coming up :)

Thank you for your support!