Step by step

Smile, Krystal

Krystal’s POV

“Cut! Good take! Let’s take a lunch break everyone and come back in 2 hours.” The director shouted and some staff cheered and left. I slumped on the sofa right away, earning a few chuckles from the other fellow colleagues.

 

“Aigoo wuli Soojungie is tired. Do you wanna eat something to freshen up?” Yoon Yoosun sunbae, or omma as Jongsuk oppa and I called on set, patted my head and asked softly.

“No, it’s okay. I just ate something before I came. Please go to have lunch soon omma.” I smiled weakly, feeling all the tiredness rushed in.

 

“Alright Soojung. Rest for a bit in the waiting room and we will find you later.” They headed to the food truck sent by Jongsuk oppa’s fans while I made way to the waiting room after informing manager oppa. I immediately slipped off my shoes and lay on the sofa.

 

The filming had started for a month. Since I was a supporting role, I did not have packed filming schedule. Still, I came to the set on my free days sometimes in case the director wanted some additional supporting scenes or I could prepare for the next few episodes. The reason for my weak state today was because… well you know… girls’ monthly problem. It was not helping when I had anemia and the dizziness just didn’t go away. Plus, f(x) had been appearing in different variety shows and photoshootings at the same time. It had been a while since I had a good rest and I was not going to waste a second right now.

 

I was awakened by some light pats. “Soojung-ah. How you feeling? I packed some food in case you are hungry. Eat something before the filming continues.” “Thanks omma. Wait, is this your jacket, omma?” “No, it’s not mine. I think it belongs to Seungyoon.” I picked up the black jacket covering my body and recalled his outfit. Omma grabbed the lunchbox on the other side of the room and handed me. “He was looking for his phone earlier. Maybe he entered this room and covered this on you when he saw you curling.” I was impressed by how caring he was. I’m gonna thank him later as it really kept me warm and had a good sleep.

 

I returned to the set with the jacket and spotted Seungyoon oppa reading his script at the dining table. “Thanks so much for your jacket. It surely helped.” I handed him his jacket and sat next to him. “It’s okay. You were curling into a ball earlier and I couldn’t see any blanket or jacket in the room.” He smiled and focused back on his script. I also silently went through my lines in my script and we shared a moment of comfortable silence until we were called to stand by.

 

The upcoming scenes were for the next episode in which I worked part time as a cashier in a burger shop. We had to film the scenes in home setting first before filming in the burger shop. This scene was about Seungyoon oppa composed a song for me after he was amazed by my smile at work.

 

“3, 2, 1. Action!”

 

“Ahn Soojung is no longer the one she used to be.

Ahn Soojung’s smile is like cinnamon full of aroma.

Crystals dim whenever Ahn Soojung smiles.

Your teeth shine like crystals whenever you smile.

Crystal-like smile is exactly my style.

Smile, Soojung. Smile, Krystal.

Your smile is more beautiful than a square earth.

A smile that shines as bright as a crystal.

Smile, Soojung. Smile, Krystal.

Krystal’s smile is really like crystal

As well as my style.”

 

“Bravo!!!” I clapped happily not only according to the scripts but I was truly amazed by the song and his singing. The lyrics were on the script but it was the first time Seungyoon oppa sang in front of us. He really had a good voice, no wonder he was the national voice. I heard he took part in composing the song and the lyrics. He was really a talented musician.

 

A few more NGs and scenes took place before we ended the indoor scenes. Staff were busy packing to end the day while me, Jongsuk oppa and Seungyoon oppa had a chat.

 

“Wow Kang Seung Yoon! Never know you are a great composer as well! I thought having a God’s voice is perfect already! When are you writing me a theme song like Krystal’s?” Jongsuk oppa put his arms over Seungyoon oppa’s shoulder and asked. “Doesn’t it sound a bit gay if I sing to you in this way, hyung? Hahaha!” “Yah! Even brothers can have bromance! And it sounded so fluffy to sing ‘crystal’ for so many times as if she was your girlfriend!” I blushed at Jongsuk oppa’s words. It would actually be so sweet if my boyfriend composed and sang a song full of my name.

 

“Jongsuk-shi please come here! Director-nim wanted to rearrange your filming schedule for a bit.” “Arasso!” Jongsuk oppa went with the staff and left us. “The music and the rhythmic lyrics are so good! How long did you make this?” I picked up the music sheets and read. “Oh it is a short verse so I think… 15-20 minutes?” “Wow daebak! I really wish I could learn this song, my theme song.” I laughed. “Oh you could do it! You could just strum the chord and that’s it!” he told me excitedly. “Aye, you sound like it is a very easy job because you are a pro. But I haven’t even touched a guitar before even I have one at home.” I pouted. “This song really made me want to learn guitar. Ugh!”

 

“Emm… how about I teach you how to play guitar from now on?” “Yah! With the little amount of time we meet every time, do you think it is possible? But I really want to learn from the national voice though…” We broke into laughter and he couldn’t stop laughing his own nickname. “I am not that great… yet! Hehehe! How about… I send you some resources and some of my practice videos for you to self-learn in your pastime? Self-learning has become a trend in guitar learning.” “Sure! But please teach me with your guitar whenever you bring it on set and we are both filming together.” “No problem.”

 

So, one thing led to another. We started our off-work contact with texts.

 

19:20:36 Kang Seung Yoon: Hey Krystal!!:)

19:20:42 Kang Seung Yoon sent you a file.

19:20:54 Kang Seung Yoon: Here is the basics of guitar learning. Practise this until you are very familiar and you can surely get to the next level with ease! Fighting!

19:31:22 Krystal Jung: Thanks oppa:) I am going to practise this right away.

20:24:21 Krystal Jung sent you an audio.

20:24:35 Krystal Jung: Please listen to this and give me some feedback ><

20:30:09 Kang Seung Yoon: Well done!!! It could not get any smoother and you are excellent as a beginner!

20:32:19 Krystal Jung: Sonsaengnim you went overboard… it’s just beginner level kkkkk

20:33:01 Kang Seung Yoon: kkkkkk right 

 

Days passed by with more frequent texts and we would now chat about something out of guitar, like the funny things we had in our trainee days. It felt so nice to make a friend who was in the same industry as we could understand each other’s hardships. The fact that being in two very different agencies which were at rival made our conversations surprisingly interesting. I had a feeling like I was brought into a whole new world as I heard funny things that had and would never happen in my agency.

 

I have learnt from my sister that males and females have to keep a distance to avoid rumours in this industry. Sometimes it was even to avoid male artists who came close with intentions. I usually kept this in heart but I didn’t seem to do the same when it came to Kang Seungyoon. He just had a pure heart and always treat everyone nicely, making everyone in the set liked him.

 

I am going to cherish our friendship a lot because I believe he worths it.


The awesome 'Soojung Song' in case you haven't heard it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWfcS9cdXUM&t=3s

And the actual Behind The Scenes kkkkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukBOOAT4i8 (just skipped the countless NGs to make Soojung surprised on the first attempt hahaha)

Please leave me some feedbacks for me to improve *bow*

Feel free to chat with me as well! Any MeU and/or IC there?

Anyway thank you for reading :)