When the story started...

Smile, Krystal

Krystal's POV

I was nervous. So nervous. Despite having been in countless press conferences since debut, I found myself especially tensed. Probably because I was promoting as Actress Krystal but not Krystal of f(x) and I did not have my members standing close to me.

 

"Next is Krystal!" Hearing my name, I ascended the stage with a light smile. Flashlights were non-stop and I tried my best not to blink. I smiled and waved to each direction and laughed a bit at what the MC said until I walked off the stage. I walked to where the main leads were and took a glimpse at the remaining lineup. Jiwon unnie, Hasun unnie, Seung Yoon oppa... Puff. I made a small laugh remembering the first time I saw him on the script reading day. He was having this long curly hair like Lee Kwangsoo from Running Man and he looked so funny. "What did you laugh about?" Jongsuk oppa who was next to me asked with furrowed brows and a smile. "Nothing." I said while lowering my head to cover my face with my hair.

 

Looking back at Kang Seung Yoon who was waiting at the side while rubbing his hands together, I bet he was as nervous as I was a while ago. Never knew styling could do magic. His funny long hair was replaced by styled long fringe and short sides. His long legs were showing in his simple all-black outfit. I glanced down and realized I was in almost all-black too. Are we having matching outfits now so we are having a loveline later? I blushed at my own imaginations. Yah who are you Jung Soojung, a screenwriter?

 

High Kick! 3 was the second drama I took part in. Charming By The Day was the first drama that I featured as a cheeky high school student that had a crush on a middle-aged teacher. As I was only featuring, I had limited lines and of course the mini loveline died down soon. I wondered how I would make it if I had a loveline to portrait this time as I was not that experienced in acting, not to say acting in lovelines.

 

When the cast had the first meeting, I was so delighted to know there was a 94 liner same as me called Kang Seung Yoon. I knew nothing about him except he was the national voice with the popular song Instinctively at that time. I wish we could get along and be friends as I was always surrounded by oppas and unnies, and most of them were in the same company with me.

 

The 94 liner looked nice and he always wore a genuine smile. He smiled at me when we had a brief eye contact. He seemed like a nice person and I hope we could get along.

 

Ending my little flashback, I put my focus back on the stage. It was time for him to walk up the stage and he was showing his eye smile to the cameras. He is easygoing, I believe.

 

Then, all of us proceeded to sit along a long table for the next self-introduction session. I had Jiwon unnie on my right and Kang Seung Yoon on my left. It was the director and the main leads who did the most speaking while me and Jiwon unnie chitchatted from time to time. I turned to the left when suddenly Kang Seung Yoon said something funny in my direction. I was laughing and covering my mouth as I was surprised by our interaction and the joke itself. We kept making small chats until the session finished. Overall the press conference was fun as the cast actors themselves were fun too. I was sure there was gonna be so much fun in filming this joyful sitcom. 

 

I am starting to look forward to the filming.

 

Seungyoon's POV

Never in a million years would I have imagined to be casted successfully and I was standing here as Actor Kang Seung Yoon. Actually I had no expectation right from the start as I was only one of the few hundreds of interviewees competing for this role and so I did it naturally with no ambition. They contacted me some time after, saying that my busan accent was special and here I was. This was definitely a milestone that marked another new start of my life.

 

After the end of Super Star K 2, netizens said I should have debuted as a solo singer with my national recognition instead of joining YG to be a trainee. They did not understand my dream of trying different music genres that was most possibly achievable in YG. It would be hard to try different things if I debuted as a solo singer and I guess ballad would be all I do. Sometimes we never know when we never change, right?

 

Yet, there were times when I doubted myself if I had made a mistake in becoming a trainee. I felt so lost at times and it seemed like I was nowhere near my debut as a singer. Dancing was another problem. I had absolutely no talent in this field and I had to practise everyday with extra efforts than the other kids. Sometimes I just cried my eyes out thinking about my mother in Busan alone while I seemed to make no progress here in Seoul. If I had debuted as a solo singer as they said, where would I be? But there were no 'ifs' in our life and every time I would just stand up again to prove that hardwork would pay off one day. 

 

So upon knowing the news of being casted successfully, I literally jumped around in the practice room and hugged my best buddy Kim Jinwoo. My mother was so excited and thankful to hear this when I called her right away. Even though I did not start off with my singing, I would always try my very best in every work offered and make the public recognize me.

 

I smiled thinking about the little steps I took for me to achieved a little right now – to be featuring in a sitcom with many experienced and well-known actors. I hope it would be fun and my fellow colleagues would all bear with my first acting experience.

 

I could not help but to feel a little proud with myself. Tsk tsk look at you. You are also considered as an artist now standing next to Lee Jongsuk, Kim Jiwon and Krystal and more. By the way, I just realized in the script reading meeting that Krystal and I were both 94 liners. I truly hope we could be friends. My circle in Seoul was kinda small that I only knew Eunji of Apink as we studied in the same music academy back in Busan. And some trainee buddies in YG. No more.

 

To be honestly, I shivered a bit when I first saw her cool appearance. She could look dead serious when she was in deep thought but she could crack up into laughter in a second. I was sitting on her left side and sometimes I would be unconsciously drawn to look at her side profile whenever she was thinking or laughing with Jiwon noona. I had no idea when I just blurted out something funny when she turned left and she laughed instantly and covered a bit. We had a few more good laughs among ourselves throughout the press conference and it lessened the formality a bit. She was indeed an ice princess on the front but a cheerful girl at heart.

 

The filming schedule would start soon and I had to stop my training for a while as this sitcom was scheduled to be aired for half year. I could not wait to explore my acting self and present the Kang Seung Yoon with Busan accent on the screen.

 

I am starting to look forward to the filming.


 

First chapter of JjungKkang's story everyone! Ugh writing a story is harder than I imagined even though I have million lines in my mind XD Please give me some feedbacks on this to improve on the second chapter :) Thank you for reading!