Epilogue #4 and #5

"Positive" Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#4 Breakfast

 

“Eommaa…” Han Bin tapped Mo Yeon’s body gently.

“Eommaaa illeoonnaaa” He whispered to his mother who’s clearly still deep in her slumber.

When he realized that his mom was still in a deep sleep, Han Bin decided to shake her body with his tiny hands, and he raised up his tone so Mo Yeon could hear him clearly.

“Eommaa illeonnaa eommaaaa!”

Mo Yeon opened her eyes when she felt someone was shaking her body and she saw her 3-year-old son stood beside her bed. Mo Yeon was so confused because today was sunday and when she saw the clock, it’s still 7 am in the morning, why was her son already wide awake like this?

 

“Han Binnaa, what’s wrong honey? it’s still so early” She lifted Han Bin and put him on her lap,

“Eommmaa appaaa!!” Han Bin suddenly got up and took her hand signaling her to follow him.

 

Mo Yeon looked at Si Jin’s side of the bed and it was empty, it was very unusual for him to wake up this early on Sunday morning, usually, Mo Yeon was the one who would wake him up for breakfast.

 

“Eommaa ppallli, appaaa, appaa!” Han Bin moved his tiny legs faster and Mo Yeon couldn’t help but think something bad must’ve had happened if it’s not why Han Bin woke her up and asked her to hurry up.

She lifted Han Bin up and started to walk faster, her heart was beating rapidly.

“Han Binna what’s wrong with appa?”

“appa is in kitchenn eomma, eomma help appa ppalliii!” Her son’s words added fuel of worry to Mo Yeon’s heart.

 

She walked faster to their kitchen when she spotted her husband standing in front of the stove and ruffled his hair in distress. Si Jin still didn’t realize her presence so she walked closer, she could see some stuff there.

Was it sausage? eggs? toast?

But why all of them are burnt?

 

“Si..Si Jin-ahh..” She called her husband and Si Jin turned his body and shocked when he saw Mo Yeon already there with Han Bin

“Ommo Mo Yeon-ah, hahaa good morning..” He said nervously.

“What are you doing here? it’s still early?” She stepped closer and Si Jin tried to hide those burnt objects behind him but of course, he failed.

“aaaa…anniii, ommo Han Binnaa why did you wake eomma up?” Si Jin tried to divert the conversation.

“Because appa is in tlouble and appa needs eomma if appa is in tloubleee” Han Bin pouted his mouth and looked down, he could feel his dad might be unhappy with his decision.

“Gwenchanna Han Binnaa, you did a good job to wake eomma up, my son is so smart.” Mo Yeon tried to cheer his boy by caressing his chubby cheek and later the boy seemed happy.

Mo Yeon put Han Bin down and let him sit in his booster seat.

 

“So Mr. Yoo Si Jin, mind to tell me why did you wake up so early and end up burning all those food?” Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows.

 

“It’s..it’s” He fidgeted and looked really nervous.

“It’s okay you can tell me, i won’t be mad.”

“It’s because i wanted to surprise you by making a breakfast, but i just realized i can’t cook at all.” He looked down with the same expression like Han Bin previously.

 

Mo Yeon was now standing in front of him and she put on hand on his shoulder, touched him gently.

 

“Why did you suddenly want to make me breakfast, honey?”

“It’s because..”

 

*Flashback to two days ago, on Si Jin’s weekly meeting at his office.*

 

Director Park closed his notebook, his face looked so unhappy even though the meeting went well, Manager Im, one of the most seniors manager at their office tried to ask him.

“What is it director? why do you look so gloomy?”

Director Park was sulking and he decided to speak up.

“My wife, ufff lately she treats me so bad, everyday she says i don’t love her, it’s impossible i love her very much, but she’s being like this, and i don’t know what to do.”

Manager Im smiled, “You need to show her that you love her!”

Director Park looked at him back, “But i already show her almost every night how much i love her you know we’ve been married for sixteen years but our night routine is still so on…”

Manager Im waved his hand, “No no noo not that one i’m talking about sir, you need to show her another side of you that she doesn’t expect, let me share my twenty years of marriage experience.” Manager Im proudly smile to the rest of the people who seemed interested to hear his story, including Si Jin.

 

“Listen to me kids, treat your wife the way she treats you every day! you know sometimes i cook for her, massage her feet, treat her to a good spa, buy her flowers, and more, the result? twenty years of marriage she never says that kind of stuff to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter