Two

It's Okay

“Sojin-ah, change the channel! It’s time for Sejeong’s drama!”

Soyee rolled her eyes at the request, her favorite show was airing at the moment, but she changed the channel to KBS. “Tonight is the final episode, isn’t it?”

Nayoung nodded as she sit beside the so-called human sloth. “And you know what, Sejeong told me that we are prohibited from watching this.”

“Why?”

“No idea.”

Soyee grinned widely. “If she said we are prohibited from watching this, then we should watch this.”

“Sounds interesting.” They looked up and saw Haebin approaching them and joined them in front of the TV. “There must be a good reason for her to say that.”

“I know, right?” Soyee agreed. Her grin never left her face. “Guys, let’s watch this! It’s Sejeong’s final episode!” She called the other members.

The Gugudan members gathered around in the front of TV. Curious to find the reason why Sejeong is not allowing them to watch the drama.

They got their answer almost in the end of the episode.

“Oh my God,” Haebin said, opened.

“Oh my God, indeed,” Sally chuckled, half amused half about to puke.

Mimi can’t hold her grin. Her trademark evil grin. “We are not letting this go, aren’t we?”

“Nope,” Soyee joined her, her evil grin appeared too. “Definitely nope.”

Hyeyeon cringed at the scene she just watched. “Who knows Sejeong unnie can do aegyo like that?”

Mina was ready to throw the pillow she’s holding to the TV. “That is so weird, to see Sejeong unnie doing aegyo.”

Hana laughed at her members’ reaction. They definitely won’t let Sejeong live for this aegyo. That poor soul, she prays for Sejeong. She turned around see Nayoung.

She knows she shouldn’t, but she still did it. Because there’s Nayoung, staring oh so lovely at the Sejeong in the TV, her admiration can be seeing from those bright, big eyes. As if Sejeong is the only thing she could see.

“I think it’s cute,” she said mindlessly, eyes still focused on the screen.

A pillow threw to her face. “Sejeong just did aegyo and I don’t need to hear your sweet disgusting compliment. I’m about to puke here.”

“Yah! Han Haebin!!”

The other members laughed at the bickering of the 95 liners.

***

The members indeed didn’t let Sejeong live with the aegyo. Hana can hear a cute, annoying high pitch voice “oppaaaaa~” from her members almost in every hour and Sejeong’s protest followed, asking the members to stop.

“Bora unnie, help meeee~” She jumped at Hana who just entered the dorm.

Sejeong might be one of the mature members, but there’s time when she turns to be a kid in front of Hana.

Hana chuckled. “Let them be. They will stop when they’re tired about it,” she said as Sejeong pouted.

“But I’m embarrassed!”

“Don’t be, you are cute,” Hana laughed as Sejeong whined again at her. “Must be hard for you to do that aegyo in front of the camera, eh?”

“You don’t want to know how many NGs I had for that scene only, Unnie.”

“To appreciate your hard work, Sejeongie,” they heard Soyee said from the couch, still grinning widely, “we will never let this die. We will make sure everyone won’t forget this. Oppaaa~

Sejeong had enough and threw one of the pillow to Soyee, who laughed as she running away from Sejeong.

Hana shook her head. Just another usual day in Gugudan dorm. It’s always nice to have all the members gathering in the dorm, just enjoying their rest time. She sat on the couch, watching the mess around her.

Hana looked at Sejeong, who still chasing the laughing Soyee, with sorrow smile. She knows how Sejeong hates doing aegyo, so it must be really hard for Sejeong to shoot that scene. But she still did it, and she successfully did it. And Hana can’t help but admire Sejeong’s acting skill and her professionalism.

It’s always like that, because The God Sejeong –as everyone said, but Sejeong herself cringed whenever she heard that nickname– always doing great in everything she did. She knows how hard Sejeong works to achieve all that.

And Sejeong is just so lovely, so kind, so nice to everyone. That one person you can look up to whenever you need her.

And Hana knows how Nayoung always there with her, staying with her since their trainee days to Produce 101 era till now and Hana didn’t surprise at the relationship between them. It’s just natural for them.

Sejeong can do everything that I can’t. Of course Nayoung won’t ever see me.

“Hey.”

Hana jumped when a person sat beside her. She turned to see Mimi who frowned at her.

“Hey?”

“You okay?”

Hana nodded. “Yeah, why?”

“You just staring with a blank expression that is so not you,” Mimi said, and Hana raised a brow, found it a bit strange to see Mimi like this, looking concerned and all. It’s rare.

Hana smiled. “I’m fine. Just tired,” Hana said as she laying her head in Mimi’s lap. The latter’s hand went to her hair and it gently.

“You can sleep if you want,” Mimi said. With a gentle and sweet tone that oh so not Mimi at all, it makes Hana chuckled. Did something happen? Well but she actually enjoyed this new side of Mimi. She closed her eyes, with Mimi still caressing her hair.

“We are home!”

Hana opened her eyes and saw Nayoung just arrived at the dorm as she opened the front door, followed by Haebin and the maknaes behind them, their hands are full with groceries bag. But then Nayoung somehow tripped over one of the shoes at the floor and she almost fell but Haebin hold her just in time, but the maknaes didn't see it and they didn't have time to stop themselves and accidentally pushed the unnies down to the floor. All happened in the span of seconds.

“Ouch!” They groaned in unison.

Mimi sighed at the sight, and Hana chuckled at them. These things happened all the time that they didn't even surprise anymore.

“For once in your life, Kim Nayoung, can you not trip over something?”

“I told you all like a hundred times to put your shoes in the rack!” The younger whined at her unnie. “This shoes must be Sojin’s! Yah Jang Sojin!!”

“My shoes are fine just the way they are right now, Nayoung unnie!” Soyee yelled back, in the middle of the struggle from Sejeong’s pillow attacks. “Nayoung unnie! Can you stop Sejeong?! She’s crazy!”

“Yah how dare you call me crazy!”

“You deserve that punches, Jang Sojin!”

Soyee groaned at the NaJeong’s attack, until Sally finally came out from her room, annoyed by the members’ bickers because she have to finish her Korean homeworks tonight, as she dragged Soyee away from Sejeong to her room.

Hana smiled as she watched the other members literally doesn’t give a to the mess, as Haebin helped Nayoung up from the floor before put all the groceries in the kitchen and the maknaes sat in the floor close to them and discussing about their school’s task. She watched Sejeong complained about Soyee to Nayoung and the two started planning to get a revenge to the human-sloth.

She smiled. Just another usual day in Gugudan dorm, and Hana wouldn’t dream to destroy it. Her stupid feeling for Nayoung would bring a problem in the group and that’s the last thing Hana ever wants.

It’s okay to bear this pain, she thought as Mimi keep her hair, it will be okay.

***

“Okay, this is the last one. Haebin, play the music,” Hana ordered and the trio maknaes groaned, “Kids, I promise this is the last time. Come on, stand up.”

Hyeyeon, Mina, and Sally stood up (half grumbling and Hana rolled eyes at them, but she understand tho), went to their position. Haebin clicked play on the speaker and ‘Call Me Baby’ blasting on the practice room.

The girls cheered loudly when they finished.

“I can watch it over and over again,” Soyee said dreamily, her eyes focused to one particular member.

“Thank you, unnie, but we can’t do it over and over again,” Hyeyeon chuckled. “Sally unnie almost collapsed right when the music off,” she said as she pointed the only Chinese member who laying panting on the floor. The maknae herself sitting on the floor, trying to catch her breath after the intense dance. Haebin gave the water bottle to her. 

“You guys did great,” Hana said as she leaned on the wall, her legs finally gave up. Multiple times dancing to boy group dance isn’t an easy thing.

You did great, unnie.” Someone sat beside her. She turned around and see Nayoung, looking all awe and fascinated at her.

Hana grinned, feeling proud of herself. It was tiring as hell but she can’t deny that was a really good idea to cover this song, she blessed Hyeyeon’s idea. “Thanks. Do you think danjjaks would love this?”

“Of course, unnie, they always went wild with any girl-crush type of performance,” Nayoung said excitedly. “Pretty sure they will go crazy for Hana oppa.”

Hana scoffed. “Okay, it’s so weird to hear that from you.”

Duh, Nayoung doesn’t need to know how the word made her stomach flipped inside with all proud and happiness. Hana had to hold herself from grinning too widely.

“Your fault for being so cool, unnie. Imagine how danjjaks would react over this,” said Nayoung, still grinning as she passing the water bottle to Hana.

“All thanks to Hyeyeon, this is her idea,” Hana said, earning a thumbs up from the maknae who sat not too far from them.

“Nayoung unnie, it’s time for Bang Bang team now,” Soyee called as Mimi and she started doing warm-up.

Nayoung stood up and went to her position. Hyeyeon went to the music player and pressed ‘play’. They watched as Nayoung, Mimi, and Soyee performing “Bang Bang”.

It took a lot of control for not drooling over the three. The way they moved, singing passionately, Hana feels hot inside her body but goddamnit she shook her head, having dirty minds about her own members wasn't a good idea at all.

Holy mother of God, how the hell the clumsy Naong can be so hot? I can’t-

She cheered loudly along with the members after the “Bang Bang” unit finished.

“They were amazing, weren’t they?”

Hana turned her head and saw Sejeong standing beside her. Her eyes focused on the three members.

“Hey there, you just arrived?”

“Yup, sorry for coming late, unnie. I-”

“It's fine, I know your schedules, Sejeong-ah,” Hana chuckled. “The filming is finished by now, but of course you always have another schedules.”

“It would be nice if I could give half of my schedules to you or the members.”

“Hush,” Hana warned her. A bit surprised at the bitter tone in Sejeong’s voice. “We've talked about this, Sejeong-ah. We are fine, I'm sure there will be time for us to shine just like you.”

“I'm not pitying you or the members,” Sejeong said frustrated and it hurts Hana to hear such a tone. “The agency could do better than this and I know you know.”

“The public wants you, Sejeong-ah,” Hana said sofly. It's rare for Sejeong to explode (but the two trying to talk quietly so the other members can't hear them). If she ever exploded, everything must be stressing her enough to handle. “We've talked about this. This is not your fault. I know how hard everything for you at the moment so don't stress yourself more.”

“You and the kids deserve more, unnie...” Sejeong said as she lean on Hana’s shoulder.

No matter how Sejeong always trying to look fine in front of the others, the younger never once hiding anything from her. Hana used to talk with Sejeong a lot about their works (because Sejeong and Mina too have more experiences than the other members, thanks to Produce 101 and IOI, but Sejeong always been so good with her words), how to lead the members, how to talk on the stage, how to be the MC and leading a show, how to react at TV show, etc. Hana always thought that Sejeong is one of the most professional person she ever met.

“You must be so tired, hmm?” Hana said as she Sejeong’s hair. “Will you be fine with the practice tonight?”

Sejeong nodded in her shoulder. “Tomorrow is the fanmeeting. I have to practice.”

“Sejeongie, you 're here! Okay, time to our special, amazing duet! The vocalist unit!!” Haebin called her from the other side of the room, waving her hands cutely. The others laughed at the excitement, even Sejeong smiled.

“Alright, unnie, bring it on,” she said as she stood up and went to grab one of the mics.

Hana watched the duo visuals singing to Jung Key and Wheein’s “Anymore”, enjoying the soft, sad ballad playing. The song was so amazing, so beautiful that they were all mesmerized at the sweet voices filling the practice room. When they hit the high notes and ended the song beautifully, the girls cheered the loudest.

“Yah, why are you crying?” Mimi asked as she hugged Sejeong who’s tearing up.

“Uhm, unnie, the song is just so heartbreaking and…”

They laughed at the cute answers. 

“Okay, stop crying now and yes, good job, kids,” said the teacher who’s been with them all the time. “Let’s try ‘Hate You’ and the other songs and you are all free after that.”

They took the position and resumed the practice till late. All for the fanmeet tomorrow.

***

School 2017 finished, the fanmeeting done, so Sejeong told Hana that she is going to take a break for 3 days.

“I’m going to Japan with my family,” she told Hana at night after the fanmeeting.

Hana nodded. “I see. Take a proper rest, you deserve it. Say hi to your family from me, okay?” she said while continue washing the dishes. Silence followed after that. 

“Unnie, when was the last time you did the ‘What are Gugudan doing’ with Nayoung unnie?” Sejeong suddenly asked.

“Huh?” Hana pondered a bit. “I don’t know… A months ago, I guess? Why?”

“How about you do it again? I think danjjaks would love it.”

Hana turned around, and saw Sejeong looking at her with such a stare. She raised a brow. “Well, I think it’s a good idea. But… That’s a bit random, isn’t that?”

“Danjjaks would love it, Unnie,” Sejeong continued. “That’s the point of the show is about, right? To tell danjjaks what are we doing?”

Hana feels there’s something else behind Sejeong’s calm voice and stare, as if Sejeong trying to tell her something, but she can’t figure what it is. Or maybe Hana thinks too much right now? A few seconds passed before Hana finally nodded.

Sejeong suggested a simple date in the park. A Hanayoung date, Sejeong said and Hana had to control herself from reacting. Duh, you had 'date' with Nayoung before, it's not something new.

Nayoung agreed immediately when Hana told her about the vlive. Saying it’s been a while since the last time they did ‘What are Gugudan doing’ live.

“Sejeong is on vacation and we have nothing to do so why not, Unnie?” she said with a grin

So here she is, Hana and Nayoung (also with the managers), sitting in the middle of Central Park like other couples having picnic. Hana can’t be happier, although she’s trying not to show it. Nayoung wass especially so clingy to her today. Hana secretly enjoyed it, because clingy Nayoung is cute Nayoung. 

Sometimes she hates herself for enjoying Nayoung’s touches but what to do when Nayoung is naturally clingy to her. So she let herself, because who knows when will she got this chance ever again. 

It’s okay. Just let your mind rest for a bit and enjoy this moment.

.

.

tbc