Chapter 1

The Runaway Prince

The two are now walking deeper into the forest.

"Where are we going?" Yue asked his companion.

"To my cave. It's getting dark. Besides we need to change your clothes and do something about your hair and eyes. They catch too much attention."

Yue nodded. She has a point. I wonder who she really is. She didn't give me her real name but just something to call her.

"Here we are!" the girl said, showing the place to him. Yue's eyes widened. The cave was beautiful and there's something magical about it. Maybe it's the candles decorating the cave? He noticed that the cave was dry unlike the ones he saw which were wet and slippery.

He smiled. He loved it. The cave looked very comfortable to live in. There was a bed. It was made of wood with animal fur and soft blankets over it. There was also a make shift kitchen. Outside, you could hear a stream continuously flowing. It's perfect.

"Yuu, are you done looking around?"

"Yeah, did you made all of these?" He asked still looking at the place in wonder.

"Yep! I always come here when I'm upset or when my brothers get on my nerves. So I thought why not decorate it and such." She told him, opening for the treasure chest in the corner of the cave. Finding what she was looking for she got the clothes and give them to Yue.

"Change into those. If you want, you can take a bath first." She said before pointing at the covered part of the cave. "You can change there. I'm going to look for something that we could eat."

She then left. Yue took the clothes and went to the stream outside. It was already sunset. He sighed. I wonder if they were looking for me right now? Did they even notice that I'm missing?

Meanwhile, in the Immortal realm...

Ryu had been looking for his younger brother for a while now. He went to the forest, to his brother's favorite cherry blossom tree and anywhere Yue liked to go to. However, he didn't find him anywhere.

He was now really worried. He knew that Yue was upset. They had a fight and he had said mean things to his little brother. He saw the pain in his brother's eyes but he ignored it.

Yue where are you? Did you really run away this time? I'm sorry. I didn't mean all of those things that I had said. I'll look around one more time. Then I'll tell father if I couldn't find him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yue was done bathing and changing. He felt better. Hime wasn't back yet so he looked around again. This time outside the cave they were staying. He was quite tired a while ago so he didn't pay attention to it. But now he was glad that he did. The outside of the cave was truly gorgeous. It seemed like a fairy tale.

There were different flowers decorating the place. Huge trees serving as the entrance and gate of their residence. There's a table carved from a stone and benches too. It's a nice place to unwind and relax.

Standing from the cliff, he admired the view. The sun was setting. Painting the sky with its beautiful colors. Yue smiled, committing the perfect scenery in his memory.

"The mortal realm is really beautiful," he said in wonder.

" Indeed. It's one of the reasons why I love it here." Said a voice behind him.

Yue looked behind him. He saw Hime holding some fruits, two fishes and some meat. He blinked.

Hime laughed when she saw his questioning gaze.

"I don't know what you'll eat. So, I got all of these." She said. "Come on. Let's go inside. It's already dark and I bet you're hungry too."

Hime cooked the meat and fish while Yue watched her in amazement. She added some spices to both. His mouth watered. They smelled delicious.

"Here," Said Hime passing him the cooked meat. Yue took it. Blowing on it a bit, before he took a bite. His eyes widened. It was so good.

Hime smiled, amused by his reaction. "Your first time eating meat?"

Yue nodded. "We usually just eat fruits and plants."

"Oh. Don't eat too much then. You'll probably get sick if you do ," she told him.

After the two were done eating, they went to bed. It's early but they were really exhausted that they immediately fell asleep beside each other.