Chapter 2

The Runaway Prince

In the immortal realm...

"Father! Mother!" Ryu called out, running towards the throne where the king and the queen sat.

"Ryu, what's wrong?" the queen immediately asked, noticing her son's distress.

"Yue is missing." Ryu replied, catching his breath.

"What!?" The queen exclaimed, looking at the king.

"Are you sure Ryu? You know how your brother is. He's probably just playing in the forest again." The king said.

Ryu nodded. "Yes, I'm sure father. I already looked for him everywhere but I couldn't find him."

Looking at his mother, he continued. "I think he left the immortal realm."

Hearing this, the queen clutched her chest in worry. While the king called his trusted soldiers, ordering them to search for his youngest son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the mortal realm. It's already morning.

Hime woke up early. She still had to find the plants she needed to dye the young prince's hair. So, she got up and got ready, leaving Yue who is still deep asleep.

Today is a good day, she observed. The sun is shining brightly and she doesn't feel any disturbance in the forest. Just the normal sounds and noise of the animals that lives in it.

So, she let her guard down. Unaware of the being watching her with killing intent. It's an intelligent beast knowing that the girl can detect their aura. It hid its own before entering the forest.

The creature had been watching the girl for a while now. Just waiting for the right moment to attack. Why is it so adamant on killing her? Because the beast knew who the girl really is. She may look ordinary and not at all special. But behind that innocent and beautiful face is the blood of a monster.

So, when Hime bent down to take the plants she was looking for. It attacked, burying his sharp nails into her gut. Blood splattered all over the forest floor, painting it red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hime!" Yue shouted suddenly waking up. His shirt soaked with sweat. His heart beating faster.

"Are you alright?" asked Hime who just came back. Yue sighed, seeing that she is perfectly fine.

"Yeah, just a bad dream." he told her.

Hime frowned, looking at him worriedly. "About what?"

Yue shook his head. "It's nothing. You woke up early."

"Of course," Hime winked at him. "I needed to find these." She said, showing him the plants.

Yue just looked at her blankly. She laughed. "I'll show you later what they are for. Get up first and get ready."

Yue shrugged, following her orders. Taking a fresh set of clothes, he went out to take a bath.

When he was out of sight, the girl sighed. She quickly bandaged her wound and changed her clothes. She then burned the clothes she wore before, making sure that Yue wouldn't see it.

It seems like I have to be more careful. I wonder how that beast enter the forest. Did my barrier weaken? I guess I have to check it later.

She winched. Her wounds are quite deep. Stupid creatures wanting to kill me! It's not like I did anything to them!

"Hime?" Yue called out, disrupting her thoughts.

"Oh, you're done." Grabbing a fruit, she tossed it to him. "Eat while I dye your hair." She told him.

After a while, she was done. She went in front of the young prince, studying him. Yue avoided her gaze, a bit uncomfortable.

"Er, so how do I look?" he shyly asked her.

Hime grinned. "Totally adorable." She said, making Yue blushed.

"T-That's n-not what I meant!?" He said, stuttering. She laughed. "Relax, I'm only teasing you. Sheesh."

"But honestly, you look good. Now, it's only your eyes that we need to change the color. Close your eyes." She instructed him.

Closing his eyes, Yue felt her put her hands on his face. Slowly, he felt an energy going into his eyes. It's not painful just a bit uncomfortable.

"Done." She said a minute later. "Now, it's time to go out." She said, smiling. An excited twinkle in her eyes.

"Where to?" Yue asked.

"To a mortal village of course." She replied happily. Yue smiled. She's really lively. I like it, he thought.