Resplendent

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16: It is GC by JK

It was a cold December night. Unbeatable coldness outside making everyone decided to stay at home doing nothing and for once they had a genuine free time required no energy. A workaholic Min PD and Namjoon presence there proved it was indeed a day to laze around. Today, they were supposed to film their Spring Day music video however due to the extremely cold weather they postponed the filming to another day.

Sitting on the couple couch was Taehyung and Jimin, with Namjoon’s head on Taehyung’s lap, those three were engrossed in their game. A fight that unnecessary at first yet they turned it into a real competition, who lose must pay for the takeout that they ordered earlier. Meanwhile, on the floor Jin’s legs were tucked neatly as he chuckled away watching Odeng and Eomuk fooling around with the new toy that he got the siblings.

Hoseok came unannounced with a bowl of vanilla ice cream covered with chocolate topping, “Who wants ice-cream” said Hoseok while grinning from ear to ear. To his distaste, none from the trios showed any response making Hoseok pouted. Sulkily, he threw his body on the couch closed to where Jin sat with hope the older guy would spare him an attention that he needed.

“Who eats ice cream at this time. It is freezing outside” Jin snorted.

“I am craving for one, it is a good day to relax” Hoseok argued.

Jin gave him a soft nod “Are you going to finish that by yourself?” his brows twitched in confusion.

“Yes, got problem?” with one large scoop, Hoseok shoved the remaining ice cream inside his mouth allowing it to melt and practically brain freeze him. What a bummer. Hoseok spent his time watching Jin childishly encouraging Odeng and Eomuk sparring against each other until a familiar figure in black trench coat swoosh passed him. It caught his attention instantly.

“Gguk where are you going?” Hoseok’s questioned garnered the attention from the trios whom first showed no signal of they actually existed in this house. Jimin ears perked up showing interest as soon as he heard Hoseok’s voice breaking the eerie silence in the room “Where are you going? It is 9 and cold” his voice was stern as if like a warning.

Jungkook bit his lower lips, running his hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it with a sheepish smile “I want to get a drink from my favourite café” he justified.

“I can make one for you” Jimin insisted. He did not want him to go out at this time since it was barely 10 Celsius outsides, and anyone could catch a cold. The younger boy blinked his eyes and immediately shook his head “No way. The last time you made me one, it tasted nothing like the one I got from the shop. I will be back quickly, don’t worry” his cheeks were pulled upwards to form his signature bunny smile.

This time Taehyung sent Jungkook a concern looks “Are they doing any delivery services? We can order for everyone instead of going out just to get those drinks?” he suggested.

“Urm..I don’t think they have one, I just want to clear my mind and only that place can help me with that” Taehyung and Jimin exchanged a weird look as if Jungkook had said the oddest thing they ever heard from the maknae.

Mister smartie-pant Kim Namjoon sat up with a judgemental look “Why does that shop appear so special to you?” he inquired. Jungkook flustered at this sudden attack, why on earth he got attacked just to get a mere drink. Unbelievable.

“Just…because…”

Namjoon jumped in before Jungkook get to his point “Are you crushing on someone?” he reasoned. Five pair of eyes were now directed towards him, Jungkook found himself trapped in between and it was suffocating to even breathe. This brought him to nowhere.

“What…are you talking about?” he chuckled nervously, rubbing his sweaty palm together.

Jin mumbled with a playful smug “Someone from the shop that you occasionally visited. And where exactly is that place? Any ideas anyone?” he glanced at others with a bright smile.

Scratching his head, Jimin scrunched his nose to gather back the fade memory about Jungkook’s favourite place. When Jungkook thought Jimin would totally forget the thing so he could get his drink at ease, the small guy snapped his fingers with a soft humph.

“I remember this one place, it is called ‘Tea by Jesse’. I went there with him one time, but for an odd reason Jeon has been obsessing over that place and their tea since then” Jungkook grinded his teeth together not liking how Jimin put the words together.

“He is not even a big fan of tea” Jimin continued.

“Tea by Jesse.Sounds familiar” Taehyung hummed, pressing his lips into a thin line.

Hoseok put his empty bowl aside, “You like someone from that Tea by Jesse shop?” he wiggled his eyebrows teasing the younger guy whom already turned into ripe tomato.

“Wow, our maknae is growing up so well”

“He is even crushing on someone”

“Leave him alone. Let that man mend his own feelings” Yoongi said groggily. He was awoken from the noise. His supposed to peace and calm slumber, but the commotions coming from these guys were starting to get on his nerve.

“NO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME. I AM LEAVING” slipped his shoes hurriedly exiting the place with a heavy breathing. Neither he denied the teasing from his hyung nor he admitted developing a crush on someone working there. It was supposed to be a mere admiration, yet it turned out to be something more than that, Jungkook couldn’t run away from the reality.

Clutching onto his sketchbook, he was determined to give the drawings to the girl that became his muse these past few months.

‘I hope she is working today’ he bit down his tongue not to let any his girly squeal coming out from him.

 

------------------------------

“Are you leaving already?” Wongeun turned around to face the short girl in front of him. The corner of his lips was tugged into his signature handsome smile “Yes, are you missing me already?” he teased.

Seul rolled her eyes giving him a nasty glare “You wish. I just want to make sure the moment you take a step outside, you won’t be freezing to death Mr Manager” Wongeun caught the scarf thrown by Seul to his direction swiftly.

“You could put it on me instead of throwing it in such a rude manner” he scoffed.

“Why should i? Your hands are there so do it by yourself, alright” Wongeun chuckled away at Seul’s silliness and wrapped the black plaid scarf around his neck with a satisfied smile.

Wongeun continued “Close early today, you look like you could use a good rest. I don’t think people go out at this time, so get ready to head back Seul”

Seul nodded “Alright. Have fun on your date today!” she whistled with a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter