Indisposed

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14: My body still can take it, the outcome is my utmost priority

Panting heavily, Hoseok threw his body on the floor while catching up his breath. He spent almost 12 hours in the studio since last night. Despite having a busy schedule following these year-end awards show, he still had to practice for their upcoming comeback which scheduled early February. On top of all, they will start filming their music videos tomorrow. Guess, the cold weather will not stop them from doing whatever is needed for upcoming back.

Unlocking his phone, the digital clock displays 7.30 in the morning which means he really need to head back before Jin and Jimin gave him the 15th call of the day. They had been inquiring his whereabouts and demanded him to come back home instantly since 2 A.M. Believe it or not, Jimin stayed up all night because he was worried sick when Hoseok did not show up after midnight.

“Dead tired. How can I survive my journey back home” he yowled softly. His phone vibrated, and he quickly answered it mindlessly. A soft yell at the end of the line causing him to inch his phone away a little “The hell” he whined.

“JUNG HOSEOK WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? DIDN’T YOU COME BACK HOME AT ALL YESTERDAY? ARE YOU CRAZY?” nagged Jin.

“YAH ANSWER ME!”

With heavy sigh, Hoseok rolled his eyes and pressed his phone close to his ear again “I got carried away, so I spent whole night in the studio. I am planning to head back in a bit” he could hear other voice protest behind Jin, that must be Jimin.

“How many times should I remind all of you to not sleep in the practice room. Yes, we must work hard but there is no other place than home. Get back home and rest. We are on our way to the company” Jin sighed.

Hoseok sat up with a wide eyes “But.. I need to be here to practice together with everyone” he bit his lower lips dwelling himself into a deep thought. It was not a big decision to begin with but still it got him into thinking the impossibilities. Jung Hoseok worried too much.

“YAH WHAT PRACTICE? YOU HAVE PRACTICED ALL NIGHT ARE YOU INSANE?” Jin yelled in the speaker angrily. He was practically annoyed with Hoseok’s persistence.

“Geez, your voice could damage my eardrums. Calm down hyung”

“HOW CAN I? YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME. Jung Hoseok we will be arriving in 10 minutes, if I see even a strand of your hair there, you are so dead” Hoseok flinched at his childish threat.

Jimin snatched the phone away from Jin’s hand turning the grumpy grandpapa even grumpier. He ignored the older guy’s glare and proceeded with whatever he had in mind “Yah hyung, I waited for you all night. You told me you would come back around 3, but you didn’t show up. I am upset” Hoseok chuckled at the image of Jimin pouting in between his whining.

“I am sorry Chim. It was too much fun here plus I fall asleep in the studio” he lied not wanting to prolong this unnecessary worries caused by him. Knowing them, those boys would not let things go away that easily. Indeed, their bonds were painfully over the top sometimes.

“Alright, make sure to head back and rest. We have to film our music video tomorrow. And, oh do you need Manager hyung to send you back? If so, wait for us till then and hyung can send you back home” Jimin’s pressed with a hint of concern.

Hoseok hummed “I have called a taxi, don’t worry. I don’t want to get killed by Jin hyung” shuddered at the thought of grumpy Jin, he decided to leave before anyone else arrive. The last thing he wanted was to hear Jin’s lecture. His head is already pounding due to the overnight practice that he had. Guess, things just got too a little out of hand.

“Okay then, I am ending this call. I think there is food for you since Jin hyung prepared breakfast this morning. Oddly, he cooked a lot. So, make sure to eat alright?” Jimin chirped showing his worries over Hoseok’s health. He could be a real sweetie pie sometimes, worrying of others but not himself.

He was touched by the younger guy’s sincerity and responded “I will. Don’t worry! I will see you in the evening okay?” Jimin passed the phone back to Jin as Hoseok digested for one more minute of Jin’s lecture, before the one-sided conversation ended.

“Don’t forget to put on warm clothes, it is cold outside” said Jin before he ended the call.

Relief by the abrupt ending of his nagging, Hoseok packed his stuff getting ready to head out.

Now, he finally got his mind back on track, Hoseok could feel his body aching in pain. Over practice was never a good thing. He overdid it, sleep is what he needed.

 

------------------

Seul stood there motionlessly staring at the food on the table with a wary look. This was by far the weirdest thing that these people ever did. Why would they cook this much and left the food on the table as if they never ate it? Her brows creased into a frown making her ponder upon the image in front of her.

“Leftover food? But smell fresh”

“Did Jin cook these? I mean obviously since he is in charge of cooking, said mom” she hummed, taking few steps forward to the kitchen top. A small pink note was placed neatly underneath the crystal bowl caught her attention. Lifting up the bowl, she unfolded the note scanning the content carefully.

 

Seul-ssi, eat before you start working, you need that at least. Don’t overwork yourself, I have cleaned my room. You don’t need to feed Odeng and Eomuk, I will do that when I get back in few hours.

-Jin

 

Seul gawked upon reading the notes, this was so unacceptable and weird. Why would the Kim Seokjin prepared breakfast for her? Before she could decipher the things in front of her properly, she received a message from Jin.

An unexpected text message that literally sent tingle down her spine. Shoot, why must she have felt this way? Was it because it was the Kim Seokjin or the onstage Jin? Whatever it was, this feeling was not supposed to interfere with her works.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter