Love Will Lead You Back

Love Will Lead You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story is inspired by the song Love Will Lead You Back by Kyla, listen to it while reading! Enjoy the feels ride :P

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing
But you never said that you'd stay forever
So if you must go
Well, darlin', I'll set you free

"I'm really sorry, Sehun-ah. It's for the good." Luhan tried to hold his hand but the latter did not let him.

"I-it's for the good?" Sehun's lips are trembling while trying to hold back his tears, "Leaving EXO? Leaving me? It's for the good?"

Luhan slowly nodded, "I'm really sorry, Sehunnie--"

Sehun stopped him, "I know you are having a hard time here in Korea because it's far from home. I understand! But w-why? Why didn't you tell me before when you were still undecided? Why didn't you tell me?! Why--!!"

Luhan cuts him off by hugging him even though Sehun is hitting and pushing him away, "Why did I have to hear it from the other members and not from you?! Why just now when you're leaving tomorrow?! Why..."

Luhan's heart can't take this anymore. He's too weak for a crying Sehun. No matter how hard the latter is pushing him away, he tightens his hug, for this will be the last time. Sehun will probably hate him. "Hush, darling.. I'm sorry. I just can't take it anymore.."

"Don't you trust me?!" Sehun gathered all his strength to push Luhan away. The latter fell to the floor and winced in pain. Sehun badly wanted to check up on him, to apologize for pushing him and to kiss the pain away but he stopped himself from giving in to Luhan again. No. Not anymore. "Or maybe, you found someone better than me? Someone older? Someone who can love you better than I do?--"

Luhan stood up, not minding the pain from falling and cupped Sehun's cheeks, trying to take the pain away by wiping his tears, "No, babe! No! No one can love me better than you do. I love you so much--"

Sehun smirks, "You love me? But you don't trust me! Am I not good enough? You didn't tell me about all these. We love each other! We promised to be there for one another through ups and ing downs!" Sehun lets all the pain out, he can't even see clearly anymore because of the tears that cannot stop from flowing because of too much pain. "You promised me that you will never ever leave me! You said you will never leave like Yifan hyung!"

"I'm sorry, Sehun-ah. I love you, I love you so much. I regret not telling everything to you. I'm.. I'm sorry. But my decision is final." Luhan hugs him tight and the younger doesn't want to push him away anymore. For the last time, he wants to feel his warmth. He wants his scent to linger on him. He wants to feel his love for him even though he's not sure if it was true.

But I know in time
That we'll be together
Oh, I won't try to stop you from leaving,
Cause in my heart I know

"You know all I want is for you to be happy, right? Your happiness matters to me the most. I love you. So much. B-but if..." Sehun sobs, he is scared to say the words because he knows that once he let it slip out of his mouth, everything will come to an end, "If leaving us, l-leaving me, will make you h-happy.. Then I'm setting you free."

Luhan was loss for words, breaking down as he heard Sehun said the words he's afraid to hear from him. Sehun is setting him free. But he was the one who wanted this, right? He was the one at fault. He was the one who asked for this.

Before he could even react, Sehun gently pulled away from the hug, he coughs as he wipes his tears, "Leave."

Luhan flinched at the sound of Sehun's voice, he can feel the pain in it. He's really setting him free. "I love you, Hun, so much... Goodbye." He turned his back and walked out of the room and out of Sehun's life.

Sehun lost count how many times his heart shattered into pieces that night. He had never imagined this to happen. Nothing is as painful as seeing Luhan leaving him.

That night, Sehun did not leave his room and cried himself to sleep.

 

 

"Sehun-ah?"

Sehun woke up from the loud voices outside his room and continuous knock on the door. He can hear his hyungs blabbing about who to knock and ask Sehun out, afraid that the maknae is possibly mad at them.

"Sehun-ah?" He recognized the leader's voice, "Are you awake? Can you come out? L-luhan is leaving n-now.."

That hit him. Happenings last night just sinked in to Sehun's mind. Luhan is now leaving him for good. How he wished everything was just a dream.

He didn't answer his hyungs and buried his face into the pillows, fighting the urge not to cry again. Not long after, it became silent. He got up from his bed and opened the door just a little bit, peaking if the members are still there. Finding no trace of any members, he went out of the room.

He went to the bathroom and was taken a back to see how wasted he look. His eyes are red and puffy from all the crying last night. Fortunately, today is his rest day, but on contrary, he has the long day to sulk on Luhan's departure.

When he went to the kitchen, a breakfast meal set welcomed him. It was a combination of bacons, egg, sausages and kimchi fried rice with coffee on the side.

Sehunnie,

Eat well, okay? Don't starve yourself. We love you and we're here for you.

-Your hyungs.

Sehun smiled and grabbed the plate but quickly shakes his head and places the food back on the table, realizing that his hyungs are doing this to make up to him for keeping the secret from him.

Sighing, Sehun went back to his room. He reached for his phone and was surprised to see a lot of notifications coming. Messages from other SM artists, EXO-Ls, netizens and more.

He scrolled through his phone as he read every single comments about Luhan's withdrawal from EXO.

"He's a traitor!"

No! I mean.. no, yes, maybe..?

"I thought he will be with EXO forever :(("

I thought so, too.

"He's just like Kris!! I hate him!"

I h-hate him, too..

"What about EXO?! What about, Sehunnie?!!? My HunHan heart!!"

My heart, too, is breaking, so much. It ing hurts.

He turned his phone off, not wanting to hurt himself anymore. But who is he kidding? With or without news about Luhan, he can never escape the pain. Luhan left him, yes, but in Sehun's heart, he will always be there.

 

 

"Sehun-ah~ talk to us please."

Almost a year have passed but Sehun still kept distance from his hyungs. He only talks to them about important matters regarding their activities and such. He knew he was being childish, nothing can be solved if he continues to avoid his them. But can you blame the maknae for feeling betrayed?

News and talks about Luhan's withdrawal from EXO had die down. Some fans came to understand the ex-member's decision, saying that if you really love that person you will support him all the way. Plus, you should move on and look forward to better days ahead.

But why can't Sehun move on? He's doing his best to forget his ex-lover, doing a lot of things to keep himself busy and occupied; practicing dance routines, rapping lessons and vocalizations late at night even if its not needed, so that the deer won't cross his mind and won't sulk all day.

But maybe he's not really trying his best. No matter how hard he tries, he misses him, so much. He yearns for his voice whispering sweet nothings to his ear. He wants to feel his touch that makes him shiver. He needs to see his face, his smile that makes the sun shines. He yearns for his hug that gives him warmth. He is longing for him.

"Sehun? Are you awake? We need to talk."

The manager's voice sounded strict that made Sehun nervous. Maybe it's time. It's time for him to talk to his co-members and settle things. Maybe it's time for him to move on.

He went out from the room to be welcomed by all EXO members and their manager.

"Sehun, guys, settle all the issues, please? It won't bring any good to the group. But that's not just it, what happened to your bond? We are so worried about you. You lost weight. Stop torturing yourself. We're here for you." The manager pats the maknae's back comfortingly, "I'll get going. I hope that when I come back, you're back to your old happy self."

Sehun stood still, not knowing what to do and what to say. The situation now feels like the confrontation he had with Luhan but different. He wants to apologize to his hyungs f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter