Switching Gears

A Ride

Bobby was a foreigner. That much was certain on first meeting. After the crazy ride on the rollercoaster--where they sat on the very back of the train, courtesy of the animated Bobby--they proceed to play other exciting rides.

Bobby loves adrenaline rush, Habin's mind told him. The rides excite him. Hanbin thought he shouldn't like these things, but Bobby engaged him enough in between that he could not help but follow around. Bobby talked, and he talked like no other. He guessed that was one of foreigner's thing? Everything felt so natural. The fact that Hanbin did not reply as often did not discourage him, and it made the younger one strangely touched.

Perhaps, till now, he was looking for someone who would take the time to go through his apathetic look.

______

Bobby asked for his number, and Hanbin readily gave it away. For the next two weeks after, Hanbin learned that Bobby likes to do a lot of stuff. And Bobby likes to do a lot of stuff a lot.

It started off a little simple. He invited Hanbin to play sports; basketball, soccer. It was not something Hanbin enjoyed excessively, but it was fine. Hanbin could catch up quite well with enough instructions.

Then he was invited to play in the water. At first, they only played around water parks, trying attractions that were new to public. There's so much slides and games that was available for them.

Then they went out to nature. They played jet ski together at the nearest lake. Bobby prefered riding it--as opposed to Hanbin whom rather sat at the back--and it was going fast across the water. Hanbin noticed then, that his friend simply can't help but ride just a little faster.

_____

It occured so very suddenly to him that Bobby was aiming for more than friendship. Well, by all means, he should have realized far back before, but Hanbin was rather thick in the head like that. They were sitting on a boat, coming back to the shore after an exhilarating waterboarding. Hanbin was sitting quietly, exhausted, when Bobby hugged him from behind, pulling him close.

"Fun, isn't it?" He whispered to Hanbin's ear, voice drop dead low and it made goosebumps appear all over his skin. He then proceeded to burrowed his face to the crook of Hanbin's neck, exhaling and inhaling slowly, warm breath ghosting his skin. "Fun enough to do forever," he kissed Hanbin's neck, "and ever," another kiss, "and ever?"

Thoughts ran through his head faster than he could follow. Hanbin was never in a relationship before. He did not know what exactly was expected of him, nor what he himself should expect. And on the same note, he did not even know how to talk to his peers, not really, let alone to, well, boyfriend? What if he do something wrong? What if he was lacking? What if he was too uncaring, or too clingy? What if he was slow?

He did not think it was something he should be thinking about so earnestly, but he could not help it. He was known for being weird, after all. He said as much to Bobby.

"I'm not quite right in the head," Hanbin said. He did not elaborate. He did not need to. Bobby was smiling to his skin, and his arms around Hanbin tightened.

"It's okay," he said. "Me too."

 

_____

The clicking sounds of switching gears.

_____

Second chapter! Yay! I'm in a car to a job, and my dad graciously offered to give me a ride. So I finished proof-reading this and decided to upload! Hooray!
Here are the usual notes:
-Leave a comment on how you feel about this. Do you like it?
-Suggestions. What scene would you like to see? Tell me and I shall take that to consideration.
-Subscribe so you'll be notified when updates arrived.
-Upvote if you like this story :)
Thank you for reading! Have a nice day!