Car Turning On

A Ride

Hanbin first met Bobby in an amusement park just outside the capital. 

 

He was queuing a roller coaster ride; one that was boasted to be the fourth steepest wooden roller coaster. He recalled feeling both anxious and excited to be on the ride, though reminiscing of it now, he thought he might be nuts. Hanbin was not an thrill seeker; it was in his blood to stay at home, writing and composing music. It was what he excelled in, what he enjoyed pursuing in life. It was a hobby his mother did not really approve--as it affected his study--but grudgingly learned to accept. Music made Hanbin's day. He was a nervous wreck as it was, being socially awkward. His mother understand that. There was no need to make the situation worse. Music was his escape, his life. Either that, or dancing. But certainly not challenging himself to exhilarating rides just for the sake of it.

 

But he was there that day, for one reason or another. He did have lots to do--music to write and compose--but he had been putting them aside, like always. He work better under pressure, he thought.

 

Oh well. He was here now. With one hand on his pocket, another on his chest, and earbuds blasting off music, he was the perfect depiction of modern society.

 

Dull, self-centered.

 

Alone. 

 

And as he should be. Hanbin was used in his solitude and had mastered the art of seclusion. It was for the best, because his chit chat skills barely got him through high school. There was no need to subject others to his nonsense ramblings. 

 

Lost in his thoughts, he did not realize that the line had moved forward. A hand reached out and poked his shoulder, and in his surprise he jumped. He quickly turned around to face the person who had bothered him.

 

And what a person he was. 

 

They were not so different in height, but somehow the other looked much taller. Perhaps it was in how the carried themselves, but Hanbin was not sure. The man was finely built, with just enough muscle to make him look powerful. He was clad in black, a simple tanktop and a sweatpants perfect for summertime. The man has lightly tanned skin and sharp jaw, pretty nose and pink lips. The black orbs of his eyes, staring at him, was mesmerizing. 

 

"It'll be our turn next. Are you alone?"

 

Hanbin could only nod. There was enough accent in his voice that indicated that this man was not from around here. The man smiled, and it looked so bright it could light up the entire province. 

 

"Great! You could sit next to me then. I'm Bobby!" 

 

He looked so thrilled, so happy, that he might as well shakes in excitement. He looked the type that Hanbin avoided all his life; loud, boisterous, over the top.

 

And until now, Hanbin could never tell what possessed him to stay.

 

"I-I'm Hanbin. Nice to meet you."

 

______

 

 

The car turning on. 

 

______

 

Hello and welcome to the first chapter of The Ride!

Here are the usual notes:

-Leave a comment on how you feel about this. Do you like it?

-Suggestions. What would you like to see? Tell me and I shall take that to consideration.

-Subscribe so you'll be notified when updates arrived.

-Upvote if you like this story :)