Stepping on the Pedal

A Ride

Hanbin began to have sleepovers at Bobby's apartment. It wasn't a regular thing, but it was often enough that they had established a pattern. They would there all tired if it was simple too late in the night to bring Hanbin home.

 

Hanbin would order cheap take outs from nearby restaurant, mostly kimbab and fried chickens (they could afford more expensive meals, but then Hanbin would feel bad when Bobby pays). Bobby would stack up pillows and blankets on the sofa, and pick out one of whatever new horror or thriller movies they rented out that day. He would play the movies, and they would then sit on the sofa, cocooned perfectly inside their makeshift fortress. When the orders arrived, Hanbin would pause the movie. Bobby would get the door and paid the bills, while Hanbin get the plates and chopsticks and drinks from the kitchen to put on the desk in front of the sofa. Bobby would set the food on the table and sit on the sofa first, before the younger return into his warm embrace once again.

 

"I like it when you're here," Bobby said. Hanbin would blush and hide his face with his hands, even though the older can't exactly see his face hugging him from behind. His face felt hot, and Bobby's body heat along with the cocoon around them did not help his situation. 

 

"Me too," he would answer, and the other would nuzzle and kiss the top of his head.

 

Bobby was indeed always so docile after their trips, going down from the high that kept them aware during the games. He would cuddle close to Hanbin with those half-lidded eyes, barely open to even enjoy those jump-scares he liked so much. And Hanbin would enjoy eternity just looking at his face.

 

Because he looked so pretty like this.

 

But Bobby was most beautiful when he was high. 

 

There was no other way to put it, he supposed. Hanbin would accompany Bobby everywhere the older wants; trying out new things he never even imagine before. Because Bobby--his smile, his chuckles, his laugh--was the brightest during their outings. The Bobby that was pumped up with adrenaline and thrills, who can't keep himself contained and let loose fully.

 

There won't be anything more beautiful than that.

 

And he always thought that this was quite good. If ever Hanbin need to move out from his own house and stay somewhere else, this would be ideal. The regular trying-out-new-things and movies would scare the hell out of him, but their times would not always be spent on relaxations. Realistically both of them need to work. Bobby could do what pleases him when he was busy, and so could Hanbin. They could have outings in their free times; going to parks and play sports and movies and whatever during the weekends.

 

And he would always fall asleep in Bobby's arms.

 

______

 

Their outings, the younger noticed, began to become more dangerous. It seemed that Bobby was enjoying the thrill that came with these games they played, so he kept asking for more. Hanbin did never refuse before, so it should not be much of a surprise when a moment came when Bobby wanted more.

 

"Let's go bungee jumping."

 

And the stake suddenly got higher. To be fair, Hanbin saw it coming a mile away. Still, it did not really register in his mind that he might be the one  that needed to ing jump down towards a cold lake. It was a severe escalation from the games they played.

 

What a nice outing they would be having.

 

Hanbin caught himself finishing his works more quickly. The constant thought of himself falling and strings snapping made him hyper aware, and in turn they made him produce songs in a much faster rate. It was a good thing that came out of it all, since he had been putting off so many projects and deadlines are days away. Nothing could be as motivation-inducing as the chance of plunging deep into cold water, after all.

 

Oh, well.

 

In for a penny, in for a pound.

 

 

______

 

 

Hanbin always imagined that his love story would be one that happened in libraries, where one saw each other and fell in love naturally. They would kiss under a cherry tree, with books and picnic basket and music around them. It would be calm and quiet, it would be beautiful.

 

Perhaps, he need to be a tad more realistic.

 

Like always, he guessed. 

 

He was jittery beyond help when they arrived at the bungee jump site that weekend. He cannot even speak without stuttering. Bobby kept glancing at him, but did not exactly stop chattering away his excitement to take the leap into the lake. 

 

Bobby just could not stop.

 

Hanbin didn't blame him.

 

They were being set to jump together--it was a unique offer they had available--yet Hanbin's nerve were shot. He kept calming his heart. It did not cross his mind that there was really no valid reason why he should do this. He inhaled and exhaled fast, trying to supply oxygen to his brain before he forgot. His hand was on his chest, as if it could help relaxing himself.

 

Bobby noticed this. He always did. He noticed when Hanbin was nervous, he noticed when Hanbin was sad, he noticed when Hanbin was scared. And Hanbin was bloody scared, all right.

 

"Are you okay?" Bobby asked.

 

Hanbin gulped and nodded. Bobby looked concerned, even when he was so bloody excited he could barely stand still. 

 

"You don't have to do this," he said again, looking at Hanbin dead in the eyes. 

 

And yes. He really don't. There was no obligation for Hanbin to follow the older through the extreme jump down to what might be his death in the chilly Saturday morning. It was scary, it was cold, it was insane.

 

But there really was no 'we'. 

 

He really did not need to jump. There was nothing that bound him to do this, and Bobby will not persuade or force him to take the fall, even when for all thoughts and reason, he could.

 

But Bobby will jump. With or without him. And somehow, to Hanbin, it felt more significant than a mere bungee jump. 

 

So Hanbin shook his head and held Bobby's hand.

 

Bobby's smile was almost blinding.

 

The person in charge quickly began his count down. Hanbin took a deep breath.

 

Just when they were about to jump, Bobby pulled him into a frantic kiss. It was messy; Bobby's lips meshing onto Hanbin's, and the younger busy trying to reciprocate. 

 

And the next thing he knew, they were falling. 

 

50 meter down to the lake. 

 

And Hanbin did not know if anything could be more perfect than they were now.

 

_____

 

The rush of stepping on the gas.

 

_____

 

Here are the usual notes:

-Leave a comment on how you feel about this. Do you like it?

-Suggestions. What scene would you like to see? Tell me and I shall take that to consideration.

-Subscribe so you'll be notified when updates arrived.

-Upvote if you like this story :)

Additional notes: 

It is a little bit fast, isn't it? Compared to the other fanfic I recently made (Midnight Altar), the progress here was done in lightning pace. I'll try to slow down a bit, develop their relationship deeper, put conversations here and there (though I at that, so don't say I didn't warn you), but there's a reason for the pace. Bear with me. I do not want to ruin the surprise. ;)

Anyway, thank you for reading! Have a nice day!