Prologue

Half Wire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ----

Ryeowook Pv.

Three years later...
Ryeowook entered the cafe, looking at his watch, and walked to the counter where he found Saeun, wife of his friend, owner of the cafe.

- Good morning Saeun! - He smiled.

Saeun greeted him with a smile. But she knew that smile that Ryeowook offered her was once again forced. He never smiled again after Kyuhyun left.

Since Kyuhyun passed away three years ago, he sat down alone at the same table, isolated in the corner of the cafe.

- How's Juhwan? - Saeun asked.

- Okay, so smart, I left him at school before he came here! - He said. - I'm going to my desk. I want the same as always.

And there he went, sit alone, with sadness in his eyes, and sigh after sigh. He kept running as usual. But even his running mode changed. He was no longer really rushed, he was sad and discouraged.

After a few minutes saeun went to take his coffee to the table where he was reading some papers.

- Hmm... - she grunted. - You know, since a few days ago, there's a young man who also started to sit there. He usually leaves before you arrive. But when you come earlier, he sits somewhere else.

Ryeowook took his eyes from the papers and looked at the girl in front of him.

- Really? - He asked. - But why are you telling me this?

- So you never noticed - She whispered to herself.

- I never noticed what? - He asked.

- He looks a lot at you. - She smiled, a little excited.

- I am committed. - Ryeowook spoke raising his left hand, where still the wedding ring was still with Kyuhyun.

- Oh... Come on, Wook! - She mumbled. -  He's very handsome and... - She started to speak and then stopped when she realized something she had never stopped to think about before.

"He's a lot like KyuHyun." That's what she thought.

Ryeowook, who was still waiting for her to finish speaking, urged her to finish her sentence.

- And ... - He gestured for her to continue. But she just shrugged and walked back behind the counter.

Ryeowook being confused, just shrugged and read his papers again.
----                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ----

The next day, before Ryeowook arrived at the cafe, Saeun took the opportunity to look at the man sitting in the same place Kyuhyun had sat before. She walked over to the table.

- Good morning, will you want something? - She asked.

But it froze as the man who was staring at the other side, out of the window turned his face, toward her.

"It's not possible ... it's like ... if it were Kyuhyun's twin brother." She thought and stood paralyzed in the same place.

- Good morning, I'll have an express. - He smiled a little as the girl continued to stare at him with wide eyes.

- Ah ... yes, yes ... I'll swallow you. - She turned slightly, still gawking at everything.

"Wook needs to know that! I hope he does not take too long."

Then she went to take the boy's coffee to her table, and looked down the street, where she saw Ryeowook approaching the cafe, and smiled a little.

But then suddenly the man took an urge to leave the place, just giving him the money and getting up quickly with his coffee in his hands. And just as Ryeowook entered the cafe the man rushed past him, and left the cafe.

Then Saeun went to Ryeowook and spoke.

- Wook, look at that man! - She practically screamed in full anxiety.

Ryeowook turned and looked, but he could only see the man's back in the distance. He looked at Saeun and gave her a strange look.

- I already told you to stop trying to join with someone else! He snapped.

She grabbed him by the shoulders.

- Wook! There is something very strange going on! And you too! Never take out this ring! It's about time, three years have passed!

- About my alliance that decides it's me, and I've decided I will not. - He spoke, taking her hands off his shoulders.

- What's Wook! You yourself in said that Kyuhyun told you to find someone else and set up a new family, before you die.

- He was my family, Juhwan is my family. Why do not you understand that? - He spoke loudly, his eyes watering. - I do not want to find anyone else.

He turned and went to sit on the table in the corner. She stared at him for a while. Then she came back behind the counter and opened a small drawer. He took an envelope. And he went to the table where Ryeowook was.

Ryeowook was crying, many times she had seen him cry. She stopped beside him. And he held the letter in his direction.

- Here. - She said. Ryeowook wiped the tears and looked at the envelope in the girl's hand.

- What is it?

- A letter to you.

- Oh, no, give the boy back and say thank you, but-

- I know, I know... -  She rolled her eyes. - It's from KyuHyun to you.

- KyuHyun? - He asked.

Yes, he left here a little before he passed away. He said to me and Sungmin, surrender to you, when you were exhilarated to break free. So this time has come. Here it is!

- No, you can put it away. I'm doing just fine. Thank you.

- Wook! Look! I'm sorry, but I think you did, okay? Will you spend the rest of your life alone and depressed? And Juhwan? He needs you! - She sniffled tears forming in her eyes. - Do you think it's easy for me to see you like this? - I've known you for so long. And I'm sure Kyuhyun does not want to see you like this! So here ... - She went to the black bag of Ryeowook coure and put the letter there. - Read when you feel ready. And then he turned and went back to the counter where other customers were coming to be taken care of.

She went to the black bag of Ryeowook coure and put the letter there. - Read when you feel ready. - And then he turned and went back to the counter where other customers were coming to be taken care of.

And Ryeowook stared at his purse and wondered.

And when will he feel prepared?
----                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ----

A few days later...

Ryeowook was rushing toward the cafe as it was raining and he as such fumbled had forgotten the umbrella at home. Then when he was arriving at the door of the cafe the door opened, and he did not see that a man was coming out of it with a coffee in his hands. And it hit him, making hot coffee pour on his shirt.

- Ow, . - He grunted, looking at his shirt. - I'm so sorry. - Then he leaned forward like an apology.

The man answered brief and low. Then Ryeowook leaned back and looked at the man's face. Frozen in place, under the rain, he was shocked. Taking a few steps back.

- Hey, are you okay? - The man asked. When he saw tears begin to fall on Ryeowook's face, mingling with the raindrops falling on his face.

The Man in Automatic Act reached out and touched his arm, but Ryeowook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter