New Friends

A Story Nobody Knows
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn't want to imagine things but when I woke up there was already a text from Kyungsoo. I blinked my eyes at his text.

(A/N: Kyungsoo and Erin)

Hi, Erin. This is Kyungsoo.

Sorry. I saw your phone number in the tarpaulin of the Student Affairs building.

I took a chance maybe it's still your number.

That darn office. I thought.

I'm happy that I have at least one friend in school.

That was the last text from him.

I stared at the ceiling on how should handle this situation. I sighed and turned to my stomach, trying to sleep again and when I wake up it's just a silly dream.

Let's not overthink, it's clearly stated here the word 'friend' meaning not the kind of relationship you are thinking!

Since it's friendship. I texted him what any good friend would reply.

Hi, Kyungsoo. This proves that Student Affairs give out the correct information.

I did not expect him to reply so fast.

Ha-ha. They should do their job.

Of course. We pay them.

Right, are you home now?

Yes. Just woke up, you noticed the time difference in my first reply to you?

I almost judged the S.A. for not giving the right info.

I shouldn't have replied then.

Hah! You bully!

Yes. Regret befriending me?

Kind of…

Kidding!

Watch it, Do.

Hey that's unfair. You know my surname and I don't know yours.

Hey, my name is written in the information you saw.

Well, I just saw Erin President of SC.

Too bad, you didn't read my surname.

What is it then?

You got my number easily. I don't think you'll get my surname that easy too.

Fine. I'll call you Lee.

Fine. Do.

Frustrating. But I'll ask around about your surname. Or probably just go back to SA.

You read it right, there's no surname in the tarpaulin. I used it as my campaign name without a surname.

Good thing the deans approved it.

Yes. This is a free country, my friend.

Text you later. Sorry meeting came up.

Okay.

That was our last exchange of texts for the week, not that I expected him to text me everyday. I was occupied by school works and 'subject orientations' and reports. Welcome to college!

I was in the library that Thursday morning when a text came.

 

Hey, geek.

It was Kyungsoo.

I looked around to see if he was sitting somewhere nearby. But nobody looked like him here.

How did he know my geek look? Eyeglasses, ponytail and a sweater. I did not have a class in the afternoon so I dressed down today. I sat comfortably to my seat and ignored his creepy text.

But after a while I decided to reply.

What?

I replied trying to keep my cool.

He was standing behind me, I almost fell from my seat when I saw him. He sat beside me and pretended not to see me.

I was finishing my report for Marketing Communications and also waiting for the confirmation if my application for Secretary has been screened.

Please log in to read the full chapter