Chapter 14

Messenger Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Increase the dosage of her medications and schedule another ECT for next week.”

Taeyeon watched as Y/n got wheeled towards her room. To be honest, she doesn’t know what to feel at the moment. Sad, angry, or to sympathize what had happened to Y/n but a squeeze on her shoulder let her know that it’s okay. Henry nodded at her as he tried to process everything that is happening. Taeyeon staring blankly at the hallway and Tiffany trying to comfort her while Seulgi tries to keep her tears at bay as Pietyr holds her right hand.

Due to them trying to avoid scandals, Henry decided that only three should come with and it was then decided that Irene should keep the fort that is Red Velvet and the rest of Girl’s Generation stay in the practice room.

Kyla who was pacing outside the room, noticed that there is a group standing in the middle of the hallway. She wanted to scold them for blocking the way but had a realization that one of them is her younger brother. “Henry-ah…”

Henry forced a smile on his face as Kyla run towards him in a hug while Seulgi and Pietyr joins in. “She’s gonna be okay Unnie.” He reassured her but doesn’t really know what the future holds.

“It’s her second session of ECT today and I’m still scared. Desensitization doesn’t seem to work anymore.”

“What about her meds?”

“They increased the dosage. They said it got worse. Since, the idiot stopped taking her anti-depressants months ago.”

Henry let out an ‘Oh’ before letting out a chuckle. Let it be known that Kyla Choi will still call their sister idiot at this situation. Kyla only harrumphed before taking a glance at the others. “Seulgi long time no see.”

Seulgi greeted her with a forceful smile and only gave a hug when Henry let go of the older one. “And who are these?”

“Hi. My name is Kim Taeyeon.”

“And I’m Tiffany Hwang.”

“Ah… So you’re Taeyeon…” Kyla smirked, staring at her from head to toe. Taeyeon gulped, her worry for Y/n seemingly retracting at the back of her mind as fear and nervousness suddenly engulfed her at the piercing gaze the latter is giving at her. Tiffany squeezed her hand in reassurance and Kyla seem noticed it.

Taeyeon suddenly let go of her friend’s hand in her panic induced mind but Kyla just laughed it off. “We should stop blocking the way.” Henry reminded them, pushing his sister aside to stop her from teasing the girl.

“Well alright. Why don’t we see Y/n now?”

***

Upon entering the room, Pietyr let go of Seulgi’s hand and run towards the sleeping girl. He climbed the chair that sat beside the bed and went to go onto Y/n’s hospital bed. Henry smiled at the action before he too took a seat near the bed.

Kyla guided the rest to enter the room, and Taeyeon watched with mixed feelings as she saw Y/n lay, as if she was peacefully sleeping on the bed, knowing that demons had won this time around. “You know I would’ve thought that Y/n will at least be with Yoona or ya know… Was it Irene?”

There was something brewing inside Taeyeon, she wasn’t sure what it was but it was beginning to tick her off. “Unnie…” Henry nervously chuckled at the side. He knows that Kyla is only doing this to remove the sadness that seems to cloak the room, but he doesn’t really want a jealous Taeyeon right now.

Tiffany watched with a knowing look as she tried to hide her smile when Taeyeon starts to form a fist at her sides.

“Or maybe Krystal? They will look good, don’t they?”

The brewing feeling is now boiling, higher and higher, the more she thought of Y/n being with others that is not her. She. Is. Mine.

Satisfied at the glare Taeyeon is giving right now, Kyla retreated, her laughter echoing around the room. “Man I love the look on your face.” Now everyone’s chuckling at the pouting Taeyeon, who seemed to forget where they were at the moment.

They were snapped out of their happiness when Y/n’s attending physician together with a resident doctor entered the room. Suddenly, the cheerful aura receded and the gloominess came back. “Choi Kyla-ssi, it seems that Y/n will need to stay for two more weeks here before we can discharge her.”

“Is she going to be okay?” Taeyeon muttered. The doctor seemed to hear he and gave a reassuring smile. “She may be. She just needs to take her meds, take ECT and CBT at the moment.”

“When will she wake up?”

“She’s still under anesthesia and it’ll take at least four hours before she wakes up and she did and doesn’t talk. Let her. We don’t want to force ourselves at her in this moment.”

Once the resident does her job in checking the vitals, they nodded at the guests and went on their way.

Relief seems to make way out of everyone.

“Why did she had an episode Unnie?” Henry broke the silence that reigned. Kyla took a seat on the chair beside Y/n, the now sleeping Piety

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter