Dancing~

I Accidentally Fell In Love With My Enemy -- ON HIATUS

Jessica's POV

The party continued with more guest flooding into Key's humongous house. Sooner or later, I had met the dates of Jonghyun's friends. Three model-like girls sauntered towards Minho, Onew, and Key. The prettiest one, a girl with flowing dark brown hair and impeccably large lips, wrapped her arms around Key seductively.

"Oppa~" She cooed into his ear. Key impishly grinned and played with her brown locks. The other two girls were equally beautiful and stunning. I felt low and narrow compared to them. I scooted away from the couples over to the bar, slightly limping from my pumps. It didn't have real beer or alcohol, only punch and sparkling wine. The waiter/bartender patiently looked over at me.

"What would you like?" He asked. 

"Punch would be nice..." I murmured. Music blasted through the speakers hanging from the walls and people were dancing all over the place. I looked around for Jonghyun. I pouted when I couldn't find him through the crowds of people. Instead I spotted Taemin and a pretty girl off to the side of the bar, talking. The maknae had a different aura around him again. Instead of a cutesy attitude, he was suddenly a lady's man murmuring different nothings into the girl's ear. In return the girl giggled and whispered something back into his ear. I slightly gagged at the sight. I think I prefer the cute and adorable Taemin...

A glass of raspberry punch came into view as the bartender set it in front of me. "Enjoy." He bowed and went to pursue other customer's orders. I warily looked at the drink. What if they spiked the punch anyway?

"Don't worry, the drink doesn't have anything in it." A voice spoke from behind. I turned around to find Jonghyun having a seat next to me. My eyes narrowed and I eyed him.

"Are you sure?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What? You think I would lie to you so that you could drink that and get drunk, then I would take you home and you?" He stated, waving his hand to the bartender, gesturing for a drink as well. I shrugged.

"Maybe. You hate me after all." Something flashed in Jonghyun's eyes but it quickly disappeared.

"Okay, whatever. You can believe what you want. But if you're smart you can see that other people who are drinking the same exact drink as you aren't high." I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced around. Indeed there were some people drinking the punch as well, lots of it, but they seemed completely sober. "And since you know I hate you, why would you think that I would want to ually harass you in any way?" He added as a glass of sparkling wine was set in front of him. Oh...right...

Finally giving in, I took a sip of the punch. It didn't taste weird at all, only the raspberry punch's after taste lingered in my mouth. Jonghyun smirked as he sipped his wine.

"Told you~" I rolled my eyes, not answering him. The music blared louder and now more people had joined the dancing. I caught sight of Key, Onew, Minho, and even Taemin dancing with their partners. 

"Wanna dance?" I faced an unfamiliar male who had somehow stepped in front of me and was now asking for my hand to dance. I examined his face and he looked quite cute, but I remembered my sore feet. Glancing at my shoes, I could see a forming blisterat my ankle. I looked up at him again and was about to kindly reject when a voice interrupted me.

"Sorry man, but she's dancing with me tonight." Jonghyun stood up from his spot at the bar and pressed his body close to me. I froze at his touch, my cheeks blazing. Why is he so close?! And what the heck is he saying?!

The male seemed confused, and glanced at me for confirmation. I felt Jonghyun grab my hand and squeeze it, signaling me to play along so all I could do was sigh and give the male an apologetic look. Jonghyun victoriously smirked and narrowed his eyes.

"See?" The male dejectedly left and I pried away form Jonghyun.

"Yah!" I glared at him. "What the hell was that?!" Jonghyun faced me and feigned an innocent look.

"What? It's true that you're my partner and it's not nice to just ditch me." He crossed his arms. Rolling my eyes, and I placed my hands on my hips.

"I could've just kindly said no, you know!" I snapped, turning away from him. There was silence and I thought that he left, until he spoke again.

"Want to dance?" He asked. I snapped my head towards him and narrowed my eyes to annoying slits.

"No thanks." Jonghyun pouted.

"Aww, why not?" I rolled my eyes. I gave him a look and pointed at my blistered feet. He glanced down and frowned.

"You're still wearing those?" I sighed and looked away.

"It's not like I have any other shoes." I retorted. 

"Then take them off and dance with me." I turned to him and was about to snap again when he bent down and slipped the shoes off my feet. My eyes widened.

"Y-Yah!" I stuttered. Jonghyun placed the shoes by the bar. Turning to the bartender he said, "Watch these and don't let anybody take them." He respectfully bowed and nodded. I glowered at Jonghyun.

"What are you--eek!" I squeaked when Jonghyun pulled me away to the dance floor. My feet touched the cold tile foor and I shivered. "Kim Jonghyun! I'm going to get stepped on!" I yelled at him. He didn't listen and instead dragged me onto the carpet where people were dancing. My toes touched the comforting ground and I sighed in relief, then I looked up at Jonghyun. He smirked at me.

"Now you can dance." I sighed, and puffed out my cheeks in annoyance.

"I don't want to." I stated, but then people started crowding around us, forcing me and Jonghyun to  bump into eachother. Suddenly, a guy accidentally nudged me and I collided into Jonghyun's chest. A small gasp excaped my lips and I felt Jonghyun stiffen as well, but he loosened up instantly. My cheeks burned in embarrassment, and before I could wiggle away from him he wrapped his arms around my waist. I froze as he gazed deeply into my eyes. A sparkle was seen in his brown orbs as he smiled. Leaning in, he whispered in my ear.

"Wrap your arms around my neck." I pinched my eyebrows together in bewilderment.

"What?" He rolled his eyes and unwound his arms from my waist. Then carefully, he lifted my arms and fastened my hands behind his neck. That just made things even more awkward as our faces neared that only a few more inches closer and we'd be kissing.

"You look so lost." Jonghyun chuckled as he rested his hands on my waist again. "Just dance." Suddenly I was entranced by his hypnotizing eyes. Obediently, I rested my head against his chest as we danced to the music.

 

Jonghyun's POV

After a while, Jessica finally followed my lead and leaned her head on my chest. If I gazed down I could see her shining face. I thought earlier to when the male asked her to dance. The truth was, I didn't want her to dance with him. As soon as he invited her, I instinctively balled my fists in anger. Keeping my cool, I used the fact that I'm her date to get him to walk away. 

I glanced down at Jessica once more. Her eyes were peacefully closed and her arms unconciously tightened around my neck. I smiled in content. My heart swelled in happiness and I was afraid Jessica could hear the soft beating of my heart. As I held her I realized that she was absolutely stunning tonight. I've seen the ladies that my friends brought, but I couldn't compare them to Jessica. She naturally was this gorgeous.

I wish we could like this forever... I thought as my heartbeat quickened.

The song slowly ended and now a loud, obnoxious song played. People started jumping and bopping their heads to the beat. Jessica's head lifted and we awkwardly moved around while people bumped into us. I read the uncomfortable expression on her face and knew that she lost interest in dancing already. Reluctantly, I pulled away from her and took her hand.

"Let's go." I murmured to her ear as I guided her away from the dancing mob. When we were finally free from the crowd, I didn't let go of Jessica's hand. At first she didn't wrench away either. Then after a few heartbeats, Jessica coughed loudly and slowly pulled away.

"Um...I should probably go get my shoes..." She muttered, looking up at me. My heart sank realizing that our moment was ruined and over with. I nodded and watched her figure disappeared to the bar. I sighed.

I enjoyed the moment while it lasted...

~~~~

Awww...so I tried to make a cute scene...bt I don't think it worked -___-

Tell us what ya think~~

 

~~Your Authors~~