My tears are like snowflakes, falling without a sound.

The years come and go, but I'm still alone.

“J-jonghyun.” It was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

 

I can’t believe he’s actually standing in front of me right now. Is this a dream? My grip on my bag got tighter and I felt my limbs slowly fall asleep.  I wasn’t able to move an inch. I just stood there frozen, waiting for a miracle to happen. It was until he took a step closer making me back off a bit. No, please don’t. I squeezed my eyes shut and wished to be just ignored by him. This isn’t the time for this.

“Chaehyun.” My knees trembled at the sound of his voice. It was so soft, warm, and heart melting. I bowed my head and prayed that he’d just disappear the moment I open my eyes. Please. I my heel and decided to just rush off and leave, but a familiar hand suddenly pulled me, making me stop from my tracks.

“Please talk to me.” He asked, guilt sounded visibly in his voice. I shouldn’t fall in his trap again. I gently slapped his hand away, not wanting to be so much rude, and stared into his eyes. His eyes were like round pools of warm chocolate forcibly pulling your soul like there’s gravity.

“W-we have nothing to talk about, Jonghyun.” I spat as I gathered my composition.

“Chaehyun. Please give me another chance.”

“No, Jonghyun. Not again? We break up then get back together. What’s this? A game? I’m so tired of this.” I explained causing him to let out a defeated sigh.

“We’ve been through this before, and I’m in no condition to get hurt again. Please, just—“

“I promise not to hurt you anymore.” He interjected as he held my hand. He pulled me closer making my body go limp.

“Jjong.” Stop being close to me.

“You— You’ve promised that before,” I whispered.

“and I know you’re just gonna break it again! Let go of me.” I yelled and yanked him away. I ran to another aisle in the grocery, ignoring all the weird stares people were giving me. I tried to control my emotions to avoid breaking down in front of all those people. Not in a supermarket, Chaehyun. I walked through several aisles, ignoring all of the salespersons’ bugging until it hit me.

“Oh . My shopping cart!” I whispered in horror and frantically looked around.

“No..” I mentally slapped myself for being so dumb and stomped my feet in frustration. I hate my life. No wonder I felt so empty handed.

“You left this.” Oh crap. He pushed the shopping cart towards me and I caught it with my left hand. I pouted.

“Stop following me, Jonghyun.” I growled and glared at him. This guy is driving me nuts.

“I’m not.” He shrugged.

“and in fact,” He grabbed a pack of Ramyeon and threw it inside his cart.

“I’m shopping too.” He smirked. This guy never fails to show off his sense of humor even though he’s hurt. That’s one thing I liked about him.

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes and continued to ignore him.

“Chips? Check. Popcorn? Check. Sodas? Check. Hm.. What else to buy?” I asked myself.

“Hyoyeon loves ramyeon. Victoria loves sweets.” Someone suddenly mumbled from behind, giving me a small heart attack. I forgot he was still there.

“What the , Kim Jonghyun? I thought I already told you to stop followi—“

“I told you, I’m not.” He chuckled and moved ahead with a smirk. This guy is seriously giving me creeps.

“If I see your face once more I swear I’ll smack your big Dino head!” I yelled, causing him to look back.

“Go ahead. Smack me with your lips!” He yelled back, leaving me dumbfounded. What the was that?

“Yah!” I ran after him and hit his head with my bag.

“Ow! That hurts!” He yelped while rubbing his head in pain.

“Good for you.” I spat.

“Chaehyun? Is that you? Are you alright?” Someone suddenly asked.

“Oh, Key. I’m fine.” I admitted.

“Is this guy bothering you?” Key asked, giving Jonghyun an unknowing glance. Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows and eyed me questioningly.

“Yes, he is.”

“What the— Chaehyun!” Jonghyun objected.

“What? Just telling the truth.” This time, it was Key who gave me a questioning gaze.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Key asked once again.

“Yeah.” I faked a smile.

“Oh. By the way. Key, this is Jonghyun. Jonghyun this is Key.” They both stared at each other with a hint of hate and reluctantly shook hands.

“So..”

“Tsch. I’ll be going now.” Jonghyun scoffed and stormed out of the supermarket without looking back. What the? I thought he’s shopping too? He freaking left his cart.

“Serves him right.”

“Whoah. That was—“ Key said while staring at Jonghyun’s abandoned cart.

“Yeah, whatever. Never mind it.”

“So.. Who is he? Your boyfriend?” Key asked, a hint of disappointment visible in his voice. What the hell. I just met him.

“No.” His face suddenly lit up, giving me goose bumps.

“Really?” I nodded.

“So.. Is he your stalker?” He curiously asked once again.

“No, he isn’t.” Key nodded in understanding.

“He’s my Ex-boyfriend.” I continued.

“What?!” He asked in disbelief.

“You mean.. That guy was your Ex?” He questioned once again, as if he couldn’t believe it.

“Yes. Why?”

“Oh. Nothing.” He replied and gave me a genuine smile.

“Chaehyun. Are you free today?”

“Well, I’ll be going to my friend’s place later. Why?”

“Would you like to have some coffee? I mean.. If it’s okay with you.” He shyly asked as tinge of pink suddenly crept up his cheeks.

“I don’t see any problem with that.”

 

We paid for our groceries and walked to the coffee shop nearby.

“Let me help you with that.” He grabbed a shopping bag from my hands and carried it.

“No it’s fine, Key. It’s not even heavy.” I objected.

“It’s okay, really.” He gave me a warm smile and opened the shop’s door for me.

“Let’s just sit here.” He motioned me to the left side of the coffee shop and placed the grocery bags on the vacant seats.

“What do you want, Chaehyun?” He inquired.

“No, no. I’ll just get it myself. It’s fine.”

“I refuse.”

“Fine. Uhh, a Caramel Macchiato?”

“Coming up!” Key playfully said and went to the counter to order.

 

He came back with oatmeal cookies in hand, and I noticed that he ordered the same drink. We talked a lot about ourselves and enjoyed each other’s company. I learned that he loves dancing and that he is soon to be a trainee of SM entertainment. Is that even possible? I never thought of meeting someone who’s talented as him. I never heard him sing, or ever seen him dance. But the fact that he was accepted to be a trainee means that he’s one of a talented guy.

“Good luck on your training. When will it start?” I asked.

“Maybe after a month?”

“Oh. That’s great.”

And we continued to know simple things about ourselves.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Chapter 2, DOWN!

 

Thank you so much for subscribing. This is my first time in writing a straight pairing fic because I ship Jongkey too much. On its counterpart, I also love reading Jonghyun + You fic but didn't have time to write one. Thank God I came up to the idea of writing this. I mean.. The plot is kinda different from what I usually write. I don't know, whatever. You'd be the judge, eh?  By the way.. I'm so sorry if there are typographical, grammatical, and syntax errors. I'm not that good, but I hope you enjoy reading! <3

 

Comments and suggestions are so much loved. It might help me to fullfil your wants. Thank you so much! :)