2/2

At 3 AM

Proofread by the sweet fanficliker 

“Kris, your damn chicken is ready!” Tao calls the owner of the apartment he’s currently crashing to finish watching Sisi. The fire alarm might have stopped him but that doesn’t mean he won’t continue.

The recipe of the chicken had been fairly easy so Tao still doesn’t understand how the older had ed it up that much, but with his help they completed it. Tao doesn’t like cooking and probably never will, but if it’ll save his sleep he’ll gladly do it. Kris decided to shower once they put the chicken in the oven and Tao told the other that he was too lazy to move back to his own apartment and would be staying to watch Sisi -  at least until the chicken was done.

The beep stops, telling Tao that Kris took the chicken out of the oven and when he hears a proud ‘Yes!’ he knows they succeeded. So technically speaking, Tao would have to move his from the couch now, but Sisi hasn’t ended yet so he isn’t planning on doing so anytime before.

“Tao, are you going home or?” Kris asks when he joins Tao on the couch, only raising an eyebrow at the movie that the younger is watching.

“Let me finish this and then I’ll go home.”

“....Okay.”

Newsflash: Tao doesn’t go home that night. Once Kris gets to know that Tao, really, really likes the movie he asks for a recap of what had happened before and when Kris notices he finds it interesting too, they decide to also watch the last movie and that Tao would just stay over because going back to your apartment at 7 in the morning doesn’t make sense anyway.

Both fall asleep on the couch and the next morning there was no tension to feel and Tao, even though he’s a tad chagrin from the lack of sleep because of a certain alarm, is happy he got a new friend.

Kris, who apparently woke up before Tao did, surprises him with a breakfast that tastes amazing, especially for someone that couldn’t finish such an easy recipe. That’s not the only thing he surprises Tao with: when the younger of the two tells him he’ll be going home he proposes an idea that almost makes Tao drop his food.

“Why not join me and my parent’s for dinner tonight? You helped with cooking and it’s too much for three people anyways.”

After a lot of questions and exclamations from Tao’s side (“Wouldn’t your parents mind?” “Are you sure?”  “Goddamnit I’m not the best person to have Christmas dinner with” ending with a little mutter about how “this was not how I imagined my Christmas to go”) and reassures from Kris (“My parents would love to” “They’re always talking about how I have too little friends anyways” and a “Well, this is better than spending it alone”), Tao agrees.

Tao does go back to his own apartment (in a hurry, when he notices it’s already 2 in the afternoon) to shower and pick up some clothes worthy to wear for a dinner. The time they have left before the dinner is spent preparing some last minute things and talking. By the time that the doorbell rings, announcing the arrival of Kris’ parents, they got to know so much about each other that they could be mistaken as ‘friends since a long time’. to

Not that anybody minds. Kris is happy, the irritated Tao from the incident is nowhere to be found and Kris’ parents are so, so happy that their son finally found his soulmate best friend.

Tao decides while munching on his chicken, that he doesn’t mind spending his Christmas in less peace like this.

(Kris’ parents are expecting ‘special’ news next year, and they get it. The following Christmas was spent celebrating the announcement of their relationship (with Tao and Kris’ parents, who got friendly so soon that the couple could only watch). Two years later was a Christmas full of excitement for a wedding and the Christmas after that was spent with their adopted child being spoiled by her sweet grandparents.)

 

if you want to comment without exposing yourself you can drop a comment on my askfm