Wedding dress

Minyeon One shot

Today is the day. The day that I thought will never come. The day that had been in my mind for the past 1 year every minute every second. The day I don't want to get of from this house. Today is the day. 

I myself was not sure what to wear since I thought I'm not going out. I put on a plain black t-shirt, a black zipped sweater, black beanie, half-faced black mask and black socks. Yes, everything black just like my inner self. 

Should I walk there? Or should I drive?  No it would be dangerous to drive when I need to go back here so I better walk. It was not even that far. At least I can exercise. I put on my black converse and started to walk. The weather was nice. Not too hot not too cold if you know what I mean. Shady. I walked with my head hung low looking at the path I walked at. 

I walked across a park. It was still morning like 11:11 in the morning as I checked my watch. I decided to rest a while at the park even though it's not even 10 minutes since I started walking. I bought a strawberry ice cream and sat on a bench looking at my surroundings. There's some oldery doing morning exercise, some ladies chatting with their friends while their babies were sleeping in a stroller, some people jogging and some high school boys playing basketball. How can I tell that they were high schooler?  Because clearly they were wearing t-shirt with their school's logo printed on it. 

As I spaced out I didn't notice the boys that playing basketball earlier approached me. 
''hey beautiful, mind if I join you? ''  one of the boys asked me. 
I took off my mask ''sorry but I'm not interested '' I answer straight forwardly. 
''aww come on'' he put his hand on my shoulder. I could feel his sweat on my jacket. Disgusting. 
''I'm not interested in guys'' I gave him my annoyed look. I was really annoyed. 
''lesbian? Ew'' he said that right in front of my face and left. 

I sighed. Why can't everyone be more open minded? I finished my ice cream and walked out of the park. I didn't want to arrive there too soon. But I need to get there. After 15 minutes walking finally I arrived at the destination that I actually didn't want to be at. I stepped in and sighed in relief that no one recognized me. All people there looked happy.  As I stepped in, I saw the bride. She looks, different. Beautiful. My lips formed a smile. But then smile faded as I saw the groom beside her.  My heart dropped. I walked in towards the dj and asked whether I can sing for the bride. He accepted my request and asked me for my name. I said just call me Dino and he nodded. He announced 
''ladies and gentlemen, we have this person named Dino requested to sing a song called wedding dress by Taeyang for the bride. Hope you enjoy'' everyone clapped. I saw the bride looked at me. I took off my mask. Her eyes widened. I took a deep breath. I started to sing. 
 
''Some say it ain't over till it's over 
But I guess it's really over now 
There's something I gotta say before I let you go" I paused "listen'' I took a deep breath again. 
"Can't believe what's goin' on 
Gotta keep my cool, be calm 
When I heard you and he was screamin' out of control. All I can think about is 'No, no, no he won't hurt the one I've cared for so long, long. Hell, no.' I know we're done, and now it's none of my concern but how can two be windin' out from only weeks in goin' out. Just makes me feel that what we had was real. Could it be or is it too late?" everyone was in silence. 
"Baby! Listen to your heart, won't let you down. Cause you should be my Lady! 
Now that we're apart love will show how 
Life carries on"
"I've never felt so strong 
Life can lead us to a happiness never ending 
If we just know that we belong to each other 
Never worry, grow as we go 
See you in your wedding dress 
I can see you in your wedding dress 
I see you walking down in your (wedding dress) I can see you in your wedding dress" I could feel tears running down my cheeks but I continued to sing. 
"was never perfect no. But I'd never let it go to a point I'm ragin', throwin' making you uncomfortable. What he didn't, did to you was unacceptable. You claimed everything was okay. That's impossible. Just know I'm here for you. All clear for you from night to sun. God, I've been near to you, the feel of you gives me a rush 
It makes me feel that what we have is real. It could never be too late oh yeah yeah."
"Baby! Listen to your heart, won't let you down 
Cause you should be my Lady! 
Now that we're apart love will show how 
Life carries on"
"I've never felt so strong 
Life can lead us to a happiness never ending. If we just know that we belong to each other. Never worry, grow as we go 
See you in your wedding dress 
I can see you in your wedding dress 
I see you walking down in your.
I can see you in your wedding dress" I can't control my tears that was flowing uncontrollable from my eyes. Everyone was staring at me but I don't care. 
"Baby girl you won't regret. Come along just take my hand. Let's start this journey livin' life so beautiful. This happy hope that we spread, love and see. It goes deeper so deep from my heart" I paused and sobbed. 
"I've never felt so strong 
Life can lead us to a happiness never ending. If we just know that we belong to each other. Never worry, grow as we go. See you in your wedding dress 
I can see you in your wedding dress 
Never let go... never let go" the song ended. I put on my mask and gave the microphone to the dj back and ran out. I can't see her. Not now. Outside was raining heavily but I don't care. I can't believe the love of my life was getting married. I can't believe all of these were true. I feel down on the ground crying. I can't seem to got up so u just sat there. Empty. 
"Jiyeon!" I heard someone called my name. I turned my head a bit and saw Hyomin, running in her wedding dress. I got up and ready to leave but I can feel her hand on mine. 
"I thought you never come" Hyomin said, her eyes also was teary. I keep silent. The heavy rain added the emotional feels. 
"I don't want this marriage and you know that right Jiyeon?" I nodded. 
I can't take the risk. I don't want to be here anymore. I struggled to free my hand away from hers but she was stronger that me so I failed. 
"Hyomin you shouldn't be here. Your husband is waiting and look at your dress" I paused and look at her dress. "I should be going, hope you live a good life with your husband" tears that combined with rain flowed on my cheek. She freed my hand. I turned and started to walk home but then I feel her pulling my arm that make my body turned around as well. Not long after that I could feel her lips on mine. It was a soft, passionate kiss that I never dared to pull out. Our kiss ended after a solid minute. 

"I love you Jiyeon"