Coffee stains

Minyeon One shot

"such a beautiful morning" 
Jiyeon was getting dressed, tie up her black tie and put on her black coat, getting ready for her first day of being a CEO of Park association. Replacing her brother who decided to pursue his studies at the states. She was excited yet nervous since it was her first day. 
"you ready?" Mrs Park peeked on her daughter's bedroom to make sure her daughter was getting ready.
"I'm done, gotta get going" she put her phone and purse in her handbag and kissed her mom on the cheek. Saying goodbye. Picked up her Porsche car keys and went straight up to her car since she didn't want to be late on her first day. She was reminded by her mom that she will have an assistant. Before she arrived at the company, she decided to stop by Starbucks to get some coffee. 

"Hyomin" Hyomin was spacing out when the waitress called her name. 
"miss hyomin" She was shocked when she realized the waitress already called her name. She quickly got up from her seat and went to the counter to get her drink. 

She smiled at the waitress and pick up her drink. She wanted to walk back to her seat. Jiyeon in the other hand just arrived at the coffee shop and went straight up to the counter to order but unfortunately she bumped onto Hyomin. 

"what the ?" Hyomin cursed when she realized that her drink spilled. 
"did you know how expensive it was?" Hyomin looked at the Jiyeon. 
"I'm so sorry miss, I'll buy you a new one. Jiyeon offered 
"no thank you my morning is ruined thanks to you" Hyomin walked away annoyed by Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon sighed. She looked at her shirt. She need to go back home and changed her shirt since it was already ruined by the coffee. Forget the coffee. She walked out of the Starbucks and went back home. 

Hyomin just arrived at the company when she heard the co-workers gossiping. 
"what's the news?" she asked the co-workers. 
"I heard the old CEO went to states to pursue his studies." one of the co-worker said. 
"what? Then who is the new CEO?"
"I don't know. They said they will reveal it in today's morning meeting."
"I see, thanks for the information"

Hyomin went back to her room and her computer. Looking for some music to listen to since it was still early. 
"a new boss it is" Hyomin thought to herself. Secretly hoping the new boss wasn't the y boss kind of type. 

Hyomin preceeded to the meeting 30 minutes later but there was only the co-workers earlier. Not the CEO. 
"the CEO is not here yet?" Hyomin asked, wasn't directly to anyone. 
"Yeah" 
Hyomin sat on one of the seat near the main seat since she was the assistant after all. She decided to open her Instagram to kill time. 

"sorry I'm late." Jiyeon rushed in the meeting room but she didn't realized that Hyomin was in the room. But Hyomin did see Jiyeon, the girl who spilled her coffee earlier. She was shocked as heck. No joke, Hyomin's face was red because she just  realized that she was being rude to her boss at the coffee shop. 

"Hi I'm the new CEO of Park association,  Park Jiyeon replacing my older brother, Park Hyojoon. I hope we can work together to make this company one of the top company in Korea." 

Everyone clapped. Well after that the meeting was dismissed since the meeting was all about introducing the new CEO after all. 

Jiyeon sat in her room. 
"what a nice room. Oppa must have taken a good care of it" Jiyeon thought. 
Suddenly a knock visible on the door. 
"come in"

Hyomin peeked in. She decided to apologize for being rude to her boss. 
"Miss park" Hyomin went in
"ye-" Jiyeon words were cut by the familiar face the she just was this morning. 
"remember me?"
"uhm yes the girl who spilled drinks on me"
"can I come in?" 
"Yeah sure"
Hyomin walked into Jiyeon's office and sat on the chair opposite her. 
"I'm truly sorry for the ruined shirt" as she looked at Jiyeon new clothes aside from the one who had coffee stains on it. 
"nah it's not a big deal, I have a plenty of shirts anyway" trying to calm her down
"let's start over shall we?" Hyomin sat straight up. 
"I'm Park Hyomin, your assistant manager" Hyomin offered her hand to be shaken. 
"I'm Park Jiyeon, company's new CEO" Jiyeon gladly accepted Hyomin's hand. 
"How old are you? You look, young" compliment Hyomin. 
"I'm 22" 
"that's young to be a CEO" 
"my dad thinks I'm ready to start a new life. You? How old are you?"
"I'm 24"
"24? You actually look older than your actual age, I thought you were 27 or something"
Jiyeon teased. 
Hyomin just laughed, started to feel comfortable. "got that a lot" 
"shall I call you, Hyomin unnie?"
Hyomin  cringed at that phase. 
"Hyomin is fine" Hyomin smiled. 
"I wanted to call you Hyomin unnie" Jiyeon pouted. 
"cute" Hyomin thought to herself
"but that sounds so unprofessional" Hyomin tried to protest. 
"just when we're alone. Please?" Jiyeon gave Hyomin her best puppy eyes. Oh well no one can resist that. 
"fine" Hyomin gave in. Jiyeon smiled 
"by the way, are you free tonight?" Jiyeon asked out of the blue. 
"I think so, why?" Hyomin confused. 
"I'm treating you dinner"
Hyomin could feel that Jiyeon trying to pay back the coffee she spilled this morning. 
"if it's about the coffee, I'm totally fine"
"nah you said your morning ruined because of me so I'm paying back with a meaningful night." Jiyeon grinned which Hyomin found it cute. 
"another cup of coffee will be fine if you wanted to pay back badly. Dinner looks so.. " Hyomin paused trying to find a proper word. 
"exaggerate?" 
"yes"
"just take it as a friendly dinner, please?" Giving Hyomin another  her best puppy eyes. 
"okay okay" Hyomin put her hands in the air, gave in
Jiyeon smiled sweetly. 
"oh if she smiles like that again I bet I will get diabetes" Hyomin thought. 
______________________________

*knock* *knock*
"come in" Jiyeon's eyes didn't leave the computer screen. 
"I wonder if the dinner offer still on" 
"of course, let me know when you're done" Jiyeon's eyes met Hyomin's. 
"i-im done a-actually" secretly slapping herself for stuttering. 
"do you mind waiting a bit? I need to pack my stuff. You can sit there" Jiyeon pointed at the black sofa in the room. Hyomin made her way to the black sofa and sat comfortably and suddenly her eyes caught a family photo on the side of Jiyeon's table and went to take a look at it. 

"is this...you?" she pointed at the child who stand between a bigger boy and a bigger girl. 
"ah yes" 
"oh my God so cute"
Jiyeon chuckled "thanks" 
Then Hyomin's eyes caught another frame who had a picture of Jiyeon and another girl who was by Jiyeon's age but she was not very sure. 
"who is this?" Hyomin pointed at the girl beside Jiyeon. 
Jiyeon face turned into the nervous one. Hyomin was confused. 
"It was...um" Jiyeon can't decide that should she lie or should she told Hyomin the truth. She decided to change the topic. 
"I'm done let's go" she quickly pull Hyomin's hand and get out of the room. But she didn't forget to turned of the light and the air conditioner.

"what do you want to eat?" Jiyeon asked Hyomin as soon as they were in Jiyeon's Porsche. 
Hyomin in the other hand could sense the tension in Jiyeon's voice tone. 
"are you okay?" Hyomin asked 
"I'm fine"
"if you have problems you can tell me, we're friends right?"
Jiyeon smiled at the word 'friend'. She never had true friends before. All of her so called friends were after her money and popularity. 
"and friends trust each other right?" Jiyeon asked
Hyomin nodded
"the person in the frame was..." Jiyeon paused. "my ex girlfriend" Jiyeon said carefully. 
Hyomin stared at Jiyeon. Disbelief but she was totally okay with it. Because she was also in the same situation as Jiyeon. "you must be disgusted now" Jiyeon looked out the window. 
"you can leave if you want"
Hyomin took Jiyeon's hand and rub it carefully. 
"hey its okay" Jiyeon turned her head to look at Hyomin
"I'm just like you" Hyomin added leaving Jiyeon with a confused face.
"im not fully into girls but I have no interest in guys, if you know what I mean."
Lowering her voice. 
Jiyeon felt relieved when she heard that but she wasn't very sure
"what if she said that just because she wanted be to feel relieved?" Jiyeon thought and then shook her head and think positively. 
"so the dinner still on?" Jiyeon asked 
"Of course" Hyomin smiled after hearing the tone of Jiyeon's voice sounds better than before. 
"does Pizza sounds okay to you?"
"sure"

Jiyeon drove them to the nearest Pizza restaurant. 
They walked in and took at seat near the window. Jiyeon didn't say much. 
"are you okay?" Hyomin asked again. Touching her arm. 
"i-im f-fine" Jiyeon suttered when she feels the touch. 
"you sure? We can head back of you want"
Jiyeon kept quiet. 
"I'm sorry"
"you have nothing to be sorry about. It just me being emotional." Jiyeon tried hard to smile. 
Yet Hyomin feels bad 
"how about we head out to my place? We can take out the pizza and eat there while watching a movie or something" Jiyeon suggested. 
"sure"

They ordered their pizza and head to Jiyeon's place. Hyomin still thought it was weird since they just knew each other this morning and she didn't know why Jiyeon trusted her so much. 

The car ride was awkward as heck that Hyomin wished she was dead so she decided to start a conversation. 
"jiyeon" 
"hm?"
"why did you trust me so much?"
"what do you mean?"
"we just knew each other this morning and it's not a really good way to
 know a person..." Hyomin paused. 
"and then you take me to your place, isn't that...dangerous? I mean I could do anything like steal things from your house or you" Hyomin lowered her voice at the last part. 
Jiyeon brust out of laughter. 
"what? "
"would you steal my things?" 
"no"
"would you me?"
"NO" Hyomin blushed. 
"then?" 
"it's just..." Hyomin can't find a proper word to use. 
"the moment we met at the coffee shop...I know you're a nice person" Jiyeon turned her head to look at Hyomin when the light turned red and then turned back her head when the light turned green. 
Hyomin was blushing madly. She didn't know why she felt like this. Hearing those words from Jiyeon 
"why am I feeling like this" thought Hyomin in her head. She turned her head facing the window so she can hide her red face. 

"we're here" Jiyeon turned off her car and went out followed by Hyomin. 
They went into Jiyeon's house and sat on the sofa while the pizzas were at the table in front of her

"so Miss Park... " Hyomin started conversation before she put a slice of pizza in . 
"call me Jiyeon when we're alone okay?" 
"So Jiyeon, why do you only hire people with a surname Park? I know it's 'Park association' but why? I've always been curious. Like when it was my first day of work I only saw people with surname Park like the co-workers Park Jimin, Park  Chanyeol and Park Chorong" Hyomin asked while munching her food. "oh and that annoying Park Woojin" Hyomin continued. Jiyeon chuckled. 
"finish your food first before talking or you'll choke"
Hyomin blushed 
"I don't know, my dad seems to trust people with surname Park more than any other people with other surname." 
"I have a question" Jiyeon's turned her head to face Hyomin. 
"is Park Woojin and Park Jihoon a couple?" Jiyeon took a bite of her pizza after she was done. 
"I don't know but they seems weirdly close." Hyomin took another bite of her pizza.
"if they are together, I'll support them" 
"me too"
They ate quietly until they finished their pizza. Hyomin offered herself to throw the pizza box while Jiyeon waited at the living room. 
"Miss Park" 
"I told you to call me Jiyeon and what's with the sudden professionalism?" Jiyeon chuckled. 
"what happened to your ex girlfriend?," Hyomin asked boldly. 
Jiyeon stayed quiet for a solid minute then she said
"my ex girlfriend, Park Sunyoung died because of cancer." Jiyeon smiled bitterly. 
"oh my God I'm sorry" Hyomin rub Jiyeon's arm when she was the other girl was about to cry. 
"it's nothing, I'm getting used to it" 
Hyomin gently rub the tears on Jiyeon's eyes any their eyes met. Hyomin blushed. 
"how can her eyes be so pretty" Hyomin thought in her head. 
"you're gorgeous" Hyomin blurted out. 
"oh t-thanks" Jiyeon's cheek became reddish. 
"did she just blushed? And did she just suttered?"
"she was one of the co-workers at the company" Jiyeon continued.
"the first time I saw her, I immediately fell in love, like love at the first sight?" Jiyeon chuckled bitterly. 
"I was in my last collage year when I decided to visit my brother at the company, as I stepped in the building I bumped into a very gorgeous woman and her paperworks scattered everywhere" Jiyeon lips formed a small smile. 
"I helped her pick up those papers as our face was about an inch from each other. I could feel my face burned as our eyes met. We became friends after that incident, very close friends as I started developing feelings towards her. I was scared to confess but to my surprise she confessed to me first" Jiyeon let out a small chuckle. 
"but after a couple of months, she told me she had cancer" Jiyeon eyes started to tear up. Hyomin rub Jiyeon's tears using her thumb. 
"I was shocked I couldn't say anything that time, I couldn't believe it. I kinda felt like my life was over. She said she only have 3 months to live" Tears keep flowing from Jiyeon's eyes. 
"we cherish every moment together, but after 2 months she left me when I thought I still have a month left to be together with her. But when she let out her final breath, I wasn't there, I wasn't there when she needed me, I was such a bad girlfriend" Hyomin hugged Jiyeon and put Her head on her shoulder until Hyomin's clothed should wet caused by Jiyeon's tears. She rub Jiyeon's back trying to make her feel better. 
"ssh it's okay I'm here" Jiyeon straight up her body and look deep into Hyomin's eyes making Hyomin slightly uncomfortable.
"its late, I should go" Hyomin said awkwardly after she looked up the clock, almost 11 pm. 
"how are you going to get home?" Jiyeon asked with a sore voice. 
"taxi, Uber or grab" Hyomin got up, ready to leave when she felt a hand grabbing around her wrist. 
"it's dangerous" Jiyeon said in a serious tone. 
"I'll be fine" Hyomin slowly removed Jiyeon's hand away from hers. 
Jiyeon tightened her grip around Hyomin's wrist and pulled her over making the other girl fall apon her. Hyomin fell on top of Jiyeon making their face like an inch apart from each other. 

"ah..eh I'm sor-" Jiyeon's words were cuts by a pair of lips on her own lips. Jiyeon's eyes were widened as Hyomin's lips started to move on her own lips. Jiyeon's body started to soften as she kissed Hyomin back. They were kissing for like a minute then parted their lips as oxygen was needed. 

"I like you" Hyomin confessed as she looked deeply into Jiyeon's eyes. 
"I- I like you t-too" Jiyeon cheek turned red as their noses touched. Hyomin leaned again to capture Jiyeon's lips. They kissed after a solid minute and then Hyomin got up from that cute yet awkward position between Jiyeon and her. Hyomin took Jiyeon's hands into her own hands.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

Jiyeon smiled as she heard those words from Hyomin but she didn't answer quiet yet. She leaned onto Hyomin's body and planted sweet kisses on her lips. 

"I'll take that as a yes" Hyomin smiled. 

_____________________________

"do you know why I wanted to meet you in my office today?" Jiyeon asked the person in front of her who was her own assistant manager and also her beloved girlfriend with a blank, straight face with a serious tone. 

Hyomin shook her head. 

"I would appreciate if you do what I ordered you to do properly, seriously and affectively and don't flirt with my other workers Thank you" Jiyeon said firmly as she didn't want Hyomin to know that she was actually jealous after seeing one of the co-workers, Park Jinyoung tried to ask her out. And the other day she saw her girlfriend flirted with a girl name Park Soyeon.

Hyomin actually could sense jealousy in her girlfriend's tone of voice. She went towards the other side of the room, basically behind Jiyeon and hugged the latter from behind her chair. 

"are you jealous?" Hyomin closed the gap between her lips and Jiyeon's cheek. 
"n-no I'm not" still trying to keep her professionalism and ended up suttering. 
"Aww I know you are" Hyomin turned Jiyeon's chair and now she was facing Jiyeon. 
"I said I'm no-" Jiyeon's words were cuts by Hyomin's lips but it was just a simple peck. 
"why don't you get a kiss from that Soyeon you flirted with" Jiyeon's face were flushed red but she was still angry at her girlfriend. 
"because you're my girlfriend, I have rights" Hyomin got up and sat on Jiyeon's lap making Jiyeon blushed even more. 
"ahh this is comfy" Hyomin moaned. 
"s-stop, we're at w-work" Jiyeon tried to push Hyomin but accidentally pushed her .
"naughty" Hyomin smirked. 
"I didn't mean to do that" Jiyeon protested. 
Hyomin got up from Jiyeon's lap and started walking towards the door leaving Jiyeon dumbfounded. 
"I will continue working now Miss Park" 
"please do your work properly" Jiyeon's face was still red. 
"I will" Hyomin pressed the handle opening the door.
"oh and Miss Park" Hyomin continued. 
"can I go back to your place after work? I have another 'work' to be settled down" Hyomin smirked as she leave the room. 

And you can guess what happened next.