Letter 3: Your voice is the reason(I Like You)

Box filled with Memories

Eunbi was busy practicing for her dance performance, but she can't leave her eyes at the girl who was just sitting on her chair, listening to some music. Eunbi stopped and approach Yuna. Yuna notice Eunbi approaching her so she took off her headsets from her ears.

"Are you not going to practice?" Eunbi asked.

Yuna nodded her head, "I practiced at home." she smiled.

Eunbi just nodded her head and decided to go back practicing but she remembered something, "Yuna, can you watch me practice my dance? I just want you to tell me if I lack at something." Eunbi said and then proceed to the vacant area. Yuna agreed on the request. Yuna is just at her seat while observing how Eunbi dance. Yuna can't put into words on how amazing Eunbi dances and all she could say is, " You're really good." She said with a smile and Eunbi smiled while she is panting. 

 

Yuna set aside the second letter. She sigh, she spent almost 1hour reading the 2 letters while remembering some events and trying to remember Hwang Eunbi. Yuna lie down on the bed again, staring at the ceiling. She is really distracted. She has nothing to do so she just continue what she was doing, she got up and proceed to the 3rd letter. She opened the paper on the envelope and read what is written on it.

                                                                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                                                                                        September 03, 2000

- Your silence was paid off. I didn't know you have a very beautiful voice, why did you 

even hide it from me? Anyway, because of the presentation yesterday

I think I realize something, I have a crush on you...No, I like you

That's it. I like you is better.

                                                                                                                                - Hwang Eunbi

 

Yuna laugh at the letter, she find it funny and cute. It is true, she never show her singing skills to everyone and she only show it on that day. Everyone was even amazed and shocked. The shy and quiet Yuna can sing beautifully, who can even expect about that?

 

The day of the Talent's Week is almost approaching and every free time the students have, they spent it to practicing. That's how passionate they are to their talents, that's how they love to show good performance to everyone. Still, Yuna just observe her classmates while humming the song she is going to sing for her performance.

The first day of the Talent Week begins, all the classes were postpone. Their class wasn't assigned on that day so they just observe and watch the others perform. From the start till the end of the day,they witness a lot of amazing performances. They leave with a happy faces as they finish watching the program.

NEXT DAY...

"Yuna, are you ready?" Eunbi asked Yuna who was just sitting watching at her classmates who were preparing. Yuna just nodded at Eunbi's question.

"Wow. Goodluck." Eunbi gave Yuna a shy smile and proceed to sit beside her. They were at the backstage waiting for their turn to present. The music played when someone performs on stage makes them sing and dance along with their heads moving forward, they laughed and smiled at their classmates successful presentations. They were not nervous though, but Eunbi was.

"Hwang Eunbi, you're next." 

Eunbi nodded and inhales deeply and then exhales. She look at Yuna who is smiling at her, "You can do it." Sinb smiles and then stands up to prepare for her turn.

When it's Eunbi's turn to perform, she went on the stage; ready to dance. Yuna wasn't able to see Eunbi dancing the whole song but she knows that she did well. Yuna move along with the beat of the song and smiled. Eunbi did nailed the performance when Yuna heard a loud applause when the music stops which means Eunbi is finish with her performance. Eunbi went back to the backstage with a proud smile, meeting Yuna who is gonna perform next.

"Congrats." Yuna said and walk past Eunbi, proceeding her way to the stage. Eunbi smiled at Yuna's word, then sat back at her seat; anticipating Yuna's performance.

Yuna stood up on stage with a microphone in her hands, her eyes are observing the audience. They were looking at her; anticipating for her performance.

The intro of the song started to play, giving time for Yuna to prepare for singing the first line of the song. The beautiful sound of the piano made Yuna smile and ready to sing.

"That touches your heart
Like a piano melody
Outside the window is filled with sounds of
A faraway spring rain"

The moment Yuna opened and sang the first verse already made the audience amazed from her captivating voice. She continued impressing the audience with her wonderful voice; she sings with a lot of emotions, she made the audience feel different kinds of emotions, some smiled, some almost went crying. 

"Just like now, just like today
Will you be with me forever?"
Her high note is also flawless, very clearly sang. She sounded very relax belting the high note and made some audience clapped even she haven't finish her performance.

"Fill me up with you again" Yuna ended the song beautifully earning a loud of applause from the audience. She smiled seeing the audience enjoying her performance.

She went back to the backstage and sees her classmates with different expressions; some smiled, some were shocked; some smirked. It was like they were teasing her with those facial expressions of them. Eunbi is one of those who have a teasing shocked face; Yuna just smiled and sat on her chair.

Yuna's classmates congratulated her and shared their amazing experience hearing her voice. Yuna was happy hearing those positive thoughts about her voice.

"Why you didn't tell me that you can sing this well? " Eunbi teased and Yuna just shyly smiled back.