Letter 1: Dont just smile, please answer me

Box filled with Memories

Yuna woke up early in the morning and prepared a breakfast for her husband. Its just a simple breakfast with eggs and hotdogs but its made with love. Yuna called her huband to come to the dining area to eat. Her husband came and tasted her dish, her husband give her a kiss with a thumbs-up(because her cooking is good). Her husband leave to go to work.

Every morning, Yuna would clean their frontyard. Yuna get her broomstick and a dustpan and went out of the house the clean the frontyard. As she cleans the frontyard, she notice a small box in front of the house, she look around looking for someone who had put it but she didn't see anyone. She put the broomstick and dustpan aside and went to check the small box.

She get the box and saw a name in it, "Hwang Eunbi?" she wondered who Hwang Eunbi is, she keeps on thinking but she doesn't remember a name, Hwang Eunbi. She went inside the house bringing the box in her room. She put the box on her bed and sitted beside it. She slowly opens the cover of the box and saw a lot of envelope in it.

She remove all the envelope from the box and scattered it on her bed. She saw dates at the back of the envelopes. She arranged the envelope by the oldest date to the latest one. She get the oldest one and gets the letter inside it.

 

                                                                                                                                                                             August 5, 2000

- Why are you so quiet?

Whenever I talk to you, you just give me smile.

That's not a good response for me you know.

                                                                                                                                                                           -Hwang Eunbi


"Hello class, we have a new student here. Please pay attention" The teacher said and everyone behaves and pay attention to their new classmate who was about to go inside the room.

A girl appeared in front of them, all eyes are on her. She's indeed a pretty girl. The girl smiled at them and introduced herself to them.

"Hello everyone, I'm Hwang Eunbi. Nice to meet you all" she smiles and waves at them.

The teacher instructed her seat, she obeyed. She walks passing by each tables, eyes were on her. She stopped on her table and look at her seatmate and smiled. She sitted beside and tapped her seatmate who is busy daycreaming, and she wave her hands at her.

"What's your name?" she ask excitedly.

"Ohh...Choi Yuna" her seatmate answered.

She keeps asking questions at her seatmate but she only receive brief response which makes her annoyed as she wants to hear her voice more. Whenever she ask questions that is answerable to "yes" or "no". Yuna would just give her a smile as a response. Which means...it's positive maybe.

She also would always disturb her during her dreamland. She keeps disturbing her to get her attention but the girl is so busy in her own dreamland. She's also very quiet which didn't match Eunbi's personality.

Yuna is fond of being alone, that's why Eunbi would always walk with her so that she won't feel alone. :)

"Hey" Eunbi waved her hands in front of Yuna's face.

"Yeah" Yuna came back to her real world.

"Can you talk to me?"

Yuna nodded.

"Hello Eunbi"

"Why so brief? Make it longer" Eunbi demanded. But Yuna just shook her head and smiled. "I really just speak briefly" she said.

Eunbi's face was in disbelief...

Doesn't she talk longer once in her life? she ask herself. 

"What a very quiet girl"


Yuju laughs as she remembers those times, she wouldn't remembers those if not because of the letter. But she still wonders what Hwang Eunbi looks like. Hwang Eunji is not clear in her memories when she remembered those times, her face is unclear. She tried to shake her head and remember her but still she can't.

She puts the first letter aside.... she lay down and look up the ceiling...

"Hwang Eunbi"