Taejin: An Ocean Between Our Love

Stop Blowing Holes in my Ship!!

It's already eight in the evening, the pavement wet from the downpour for a whole day. The evening breeze hit's his skin and he shivers from the coldness of the air around.

 

He could walk back right now, back to their shared apartment where Seokjin is sleeping on their bed, unconscious of his doing but he doesn't rethinks his decision.

 

Taehyung shakes his head and continues to walk until he sees his car parked outside.

 

He opens the trunk and place his luggages, his devices and documents and closes the back. He walks towards the front and stops when he sees the curtains of their apartment on the third floor was already fluttering, Seokjin is awake and looking down at him, emotion couldn't be seen as he is far away even with the light he has from his phone screen.

 

Taehyung felt his back pocket vibrated, he knows whose text he had recieved from, the younger had take out his phone and read the message from his ex-boyfriend.

" can we work this out? "

 

Taehyung sighs, he looks up to see Seokjin in his casual shirt, funny that his wearing Taehyung's first gift for him promising to be by his side forever, it's ironic that his wearing it on the night of their breakup.

 

Taehyung felt something in his chest, but he doesn't want to let that feeling of guilt eat him as he had promise himself to be happier. Taehyung isn't selfish, he knows his doing this for both him and Seokjin a favor.

 

They've been nothing but two people arguing about small things, not missing a single day of them magnifying at eachother's flaws, sometimes they ignore one another in their apartment just to lessen the tension they've build up, Taehyung knows his mistake and he apologized for those times he snaps at his lover, his tired and his always not in the mood for Seokjin's talk. That's when he realized, a person can actually fall out of love.

 

Another vibration on his phone wakes him up from his trance, his eyes adjust to the bright screen that contrast the dark surroundings around him.

 

" do you really not love me anymore? "

 

Taehyung hates how he wants to scream, his mad, Seokjin and him are already over and he already told Seokjin the whole day his not into him anymore.

Taehyung had fallen out of love, and their both unhappy with this relationship.

He doesn't want to reply back but Taehyung is done and he wants to make it clear.

 

He replies fast, letting anger take over his system before looking up to the balcony, but Seokjin is nowhere to be seen.

 

Taehyung knows Seokjin might be coming down from their apartment--no, it's just Seokjin's own apartment now, Taehyung will never come back there anymore.

 

He slides inside his car before reviving the engine, Taehyung doesn't wait for his ex-lover to arrive in the streets and leaves.

 

Taehyhung never looked back, never had second thoughts and he surely didn't see Seokjin running to chase him meters away until the man is tired and stops, the clouds pouring cold rain on him and tears on his cheeks.

 

 

----------------------

 

 

Taehyung was clearly falling out of love with Seokjin. His not happy anymore and he wants to be happy.


He dated another man after two months with their break-up, Jimin was the reason his happy again and he makes sure that his never hears from his ex again when his with someone better.

 

" you're very busy with your phone Tae " he looks up from his device and was met with a beautiful smile, Jimin looks at him from the other side of the table. " are you texting someone? "

 

He teases but Taehyung only laughs a bit, he shakes his head after before holding the smaller hands. The sun was shining outside and both of them inside a restaurant having lunch, Taehyung places his phone down.

 

" I'm just checking something out " he smiles, Jimin looks at the other side of the room and saw two incoming fingures to their table.

 

" You're still worried about your Ex? " Jimin ask but Taehyung doesn't answers.

 

He waits as Hoseok and Yoongi strides to their direction, Jimin's bestfriend and cousin joining them for the afternoon, with Jimin and Hoseok sitted next to eachother and him and Yoongi talking about photography.

Taehyungs not lying when he said that to the Jimin, his only blocking the previous lovers number even if the older male never called.

 

Taehyung even erased their photos causing a lot of those who had known their relationship asked a lot of question to him on his social media. He made sure that the places him and Jimin are dining are not the place where he could see him.

 

Taehyung looks at Jimin whose laughing at a joke Hoseok had said and there's a weird feeling in his chest, a tingle that feels quite unusual, and it's something he doesn't wanna name.

His happy now, he tells himself.

Because he never wants to accept how hollow his heart felt.

 

---------------------------

 

There comes a time that Taehyung checks Seokjin's social media accounts, his curious on how the older man is doing. Yes they've broke up four years ago but his still worried, a voice on the back of his mind always telling him to see how he is.

 

The pictures he post in Instagrams of them both had dissapeared, not that his surprised, but what made him stop on scrolling down is how the pictures on his account are full of people his not familiar with.

 

Taehyung checks the conversation on the replies and even clicked at the icons that are requently commenting on his pictures.

 

" Taehyung " he turns around and sees Jimin with his bags pack and a car key on his hand. Jimin looks at the picture on his phone screen and sighs, Taehyung didn't see how sad Jimin looks at him, like he finally understood what went wrong with them.

 

" Let's stop this, your still not over him " Jimin says and the taller man was expecting for something, his anger to rise or his heart to break but nothing like those, except he feels like a burden in his chest were lifted from those words. Taehyung sits on his bed, and looks at the bag Jimin has, it's obvious he made a decision.

 

" I'm sorry " he says and Jimin doesn't glare at him as he expected but only laughs, their both okay with the breakup.

 

" It's okay, I'm actually thankful I get to be in a relationship with you even though it didn't working out, maybe this happened for a reason " Jimin place his bag down and grabs a scarf on the drawer next to the bed.

 

Taehyung  looks at him.

 

" Do you think I could, go back to him? Could we still be together?  " the night was still young, Jimin could see the clouds outside the window, the colors of blue and orange painted in the canvad like sky. He puts the scarf around his neck and smile, he heard the story of Taehyung and his previous lover named Seokjin  before, Taehyung whose drunk had cried about how his sorry for Jimin and how his missing Seokjin.

 

" Honest opinion, you were an , so there's probably a high chance that he won't take you back but, " Jimin takes his things as he smiles at Taehyung, thingking how stupid Taehyung was to leave someone he truly loves behind and regreting it years later " there's a reason for everything, you wouldn't know if he wants you back if you don't try asking him "

 

 

Taehyung offers him a hand  when he turns aroun but Jimin goes out alone not wanting to disturbed the younger, he  says goodbye and the door shuts along with Taehyung's worries.

 

Taehyung thinks about what he said.

 

 

---------------------

 

 

Taehyung had doesn't have any news of Kim Seokjin for seven years, yet during those seven years he had broken up so many relationship his been with for being unhappy and he couldn't understand why his always seeing something missing in every relationship, Jimin was practically his soulmate but it was platonic, things didn't work out when the man had fallen for another that's not Taehyung and Taehyung who still harbor feelings for his first love.

 


Taehyung tried to erase Kim Seokjin out of his mind, but he couldn't stop thinking about him, he tries to convince himself   that his just guilty and nothing else to lessen the pain in his chest.

 

He never expected he would become someone who brings a stranger to his home to accompany him on his bed at night to try and forget the man his heart longed for.

Seven years is already long and Taehyung finally learns and realized how stupid he was.

 

 

---------------------------

 


The large mansion was filled with people in suites, dress and business attires, Taehyung feels a but out of place even with his tailored suite when he sees so many unknown faces. He walks inside, eyes traveling around and looks for anyone who he knows and could converse with.

 

" Taehyung "  Namjoon greets him with a smile, Taehyung used to see him as a threat when he was still with Jimin but at this moment,  he sees him as a friend, and a good one.

" glad you could come " Namjoon pats his back and there's a small smile he gives to Taehyung.

 

" have you...found him? " Namjoon asked as quitely as possible, the taller man had his grip on his shoulder, concerned, Namjoon takes him to the corner, away from the crowd, smilling at everyone who looks at them.

 

" So have you found him? "  Namjoon ask and Taehyung only look away. " wait I'm not dumb, of course you found him "

 

"  his here but, his--his never going to forgive me anyway "Taehyung says, Namjoon looks around the crowd and a waiter tries to serve them alcohol but Namjoon gesture him of declining.

" How sure are you? " Namjoon replies " Maybe his still waiting for you're explanation "

 

-----------------------------

 


Seokjin stands in the crowd and Taehyung wanted to run to him and look at his eyes, but before he could take a first step, a man walks towards Seokjin and puts a hand on his waist, like it belongs there.

 

He stares at the man who looks at his Seokjin with so much fondness, just like how Taehyung looks at Seokjin before.

 

It's been seven years but Seokjin looks like he grew more beautiful everyday, his laughing and smiling and all for a man that's not him.

 

Taehyung felt so stupid for believing in his own false hope, just like he believes he had broken up with Seokjin just because his unhappy.

 

He wants to take a step back but the moment he did, Seokjin must have felt how he was being stared at and had looked at his direction, Taehyung forgets how to breathe the moment his eyes stared at his own, his memory playing on his mind on how he used to stare at those tantalizing eyes when they were still together.

 

" Taehyung? " He spoke his name, sweet yet  a laced with shock, Seokjin turns to him and the man his with had glance at him like he knows who he is.

 

" Taehyung oh god, it's really you " Seokjin smiles and there's something in his voice that made his feet frozen on the spot, unable to leave, his heart pumping of the familiarity of the voice, how it missed it's owner, Taehyung couldn't hide how his feeling regretful and surprised that Seokjin is dragging his companion with a chuckle and an easy going aura with him.

 

" I can't believe you're here! Hi! It's been a long time " Seokjin says, voice full of sincerity and kindness that he doesn't deserve recieving, and Taehyung was really about to loose his sht, Seokjin looks so good and his still the same Seokjin he first met. Kind, Beautiful, Glowing and Smilling around like his talking to some stranger.

 

" Y-Yeah, Kim Namjoon  said he'd meet his business partners, I'm just taking the chance to meet them " he says and his eyes looks down to the hand arround the older males waist, he looks at the raven haired male whose glaring at him as he stands close to the man that Taehyung still loves.

 

Seokjin realized Taehyung was staring and apologized to him, jabbing the man beside him for glaring. Telling him not to be rude at him, Taehyung obeserves as Seokjin's companion rolls his eyes but with a playful smile on his lips, Taehyung sees he had some dark ink peeking out of his neck, Taehyung worries that Seokjin is associating himself with someone who has tattoos under the expensive tailored suit, which says his dangerous.

 

" I'm sorry about that Tae, Jungkook can be a bit childish, " Seokjin says and before he could say anything to him, Jungkook puts his hand on the small of Seokjin's back.

 

" Jungkook meet Kim Taehyung, " he introduces him to the man, Jungkook, who had tone his glare down and smile to the later. The way Seokjin looks at him, eyes soft and familiar, the smile he gives and how his chuckling at their interaction.

 

" his both friends with Hoseok and Namjoon " Jungkook says and there's a calm tone on his voice, something Taehyung never had when Seokjin speaks to other men when they were together. " thought you were familiar "

 

" Taehyung, this is Jeon Jungkook " he introduces and with a smiled Jungkook takes out his hand for a shake and Taehyung immediately accepts the gesture, and the moment Jungkook is back to Seokjin's side, Taehyung laughs a bit, sounding bitter as he puts his hands inside his pocket.

 

" I never knew you'd be friends with someone prominent Kim Seokjin, I'm surprised " he tease, liking how Seokjin laughs in a friendly manner before the older man shows his left hand, and Taehyung felt like he swallowed a bucket of nails as he sees a band of ring with a single diamond on his finger " Jeon Seokjin actually, this prominent fellow here is my husband Tae "

 

He looked hurt, his face must have shown causing Seokjin's smile fade and his brow furrow into worry, he was about to open his mouth when a person interrupted them.

 

" Tae! " Jimin grabs his arm and looks at the two couple, giggle at how Jungkook looks cute with his husband. " Sorry to interrupt but Namjoon is calling you "

 

Seokjin looks at Jimin, and to where his hand place on Taehyungs arm, he knows who he is, Seokjin knows he was the person Taehyung dated after they both broke up but his heart is at peace knowing Taehyung is just someone he once love and a failed relationship that lead him to a better person who put the pieces of his broken heart together and loving him for who he is.

 

Seokjin thinks, seven years had really been a long time for him to realized everything happens for a reason.

 

Seokjin smiles as Jimin who immediately freezes, realizing whose Jeon Jungkook's accompany of the night was.

 

" Wait, you're Kim Seokjin right? " he ask, and Seokjin shows him his ring.

 

" Jeon Seokjin actually, it's nice to finally meet you Park Jimin " he takes out his hand but before Jimin could ask Seokjin if he knows Taehyung's reasons to finally show up, he felt a small push from the younger male and Taehyung walks away from the three, shocking Seokjin and Jimin.

 

" Tae! Wait a sec! Tae!! " Jimin calls, garnering attention from everyone and Seokjin worriedly looks at Taehyung.

 

" Hyung " he hears Jungkook calls him and he looks at his husband who looks at him in concern, he knows this man, Jungkook doesn't like complications. " Talk to him, I think he needs it "

 

" Jungkook--"

 

" I promise, I'm fine with it. You're mine, I love you so I want you to finally settle things " Jungkook takes his hand and looks at him in the eye " I trust in you, and you will regret this if you didn't do it, I'm here and I won't leave you after whatever happens " Jungkook cups his face and smile.

 

" Whatever happens," Jungkook  doesn't know what Seokjin will do but he trust him " just remember I love you so much Jin"

 

Jungkook really love him,  he would do anything for this man.

 

He had been with Seokjin after Taehyung left him, he was there when Seokjin cried his heart out in the pouring night, seeing him chase after a car that never stop.

 

He was there when Seokjin failed to see how beautiful  and perfect he is, when he never acknowledge Jungkook's compliments of him, when he becomes insecure of himself and forgetting to believe in the things he could do.

 

He was there when Seokjin tried to give Taehyung another chance as he messages, call and chatted him, Jungkook almost believed that Seokjin would never be his, only to realize Taehyung block him from all social media and even changed his number and that was when Seokjin gave up.

 

He was there when Seokjin slowly hate himself for making Taehyung unhappy of their relationship, Jungkook had been along side Seokjin, picking up the pieces of his heart and giving him the undivided attention, the love, and the happiness that he deserved.

 

He smiles when Seokjin nods, agreeing to talk to the other man and Jungkook kisses Seokjin's lips, letting Seokjin know how he loves him the most.

 

Jimin sees how in love they are and felt sorry for Taehyung, Jungkook kisses Seokjin again yet shortly before smiling closely and letting Seokjin go to where Taehyung left.

Jimin looks at Jungkook " You knew? " he said and Jungkook noods.

 

Of course, he knows the name of the man that broke Seokjin's heart, everyday he wonders what kind of person is Kim Taehyung and how fck up he is for leaving Seokjin, but his thankful, because of that, he married the most beautiful man on his life.

 

---------------------

 


" Taehyung " he turns around to see Seokjin walking towards him, he could look at him, his crying in front of Seokjin and he truly regrets leaving him for his selfishness.

" Hyung, is it too late? " he asked, desperately. " Can I still hope for us? "

 

Seokjin looks at him, worried that the younger's feelings. They were outside, particularly within the large garden, Taehyung looking hurt and it breaks his heart.

"  Tae sit down,  I need to tell you something "

 

 

------------------------

 

 

" Taehyung " He looks at Seokjin who was beside him, the man he loves now with a ring on his finger.

 

The older hugs him,  a hug of comfort,  Taehyung hates how it didn't feel like any embrace he had before.

 

But it's his fault,  he let that dissapear.

 

" Taehyung I'm sorry but things has changed" Seokjin says,  his voice apologetic,  the younger male shakes slightly from stopping his tears. Seokjin pats his back,  like the way he likes it,  Taehyung hates how he miss this,  Seokjin soothing voice, the moonlight showing how beautiful he is and them being together.

 

He breaks the embrace and looks at Seokjin even with teary eyes, and realized as he stares at him, he sees the man he loved isn't infront of him anymore.

 

Seokjin has move on.  His Seokjin, isn't his anymore.

Taehyung smiles sadly.

 

Guess he can never make up for his lost time and turn things around.

 

Seokjin wipes his tears with a handkerchief and tries to talk.

 

" I thought you were still with Park Jimin " he says and Taehyung shakes his head,  the way Seokjin asked was innocent and without despised but Taehyung felt himself ashamed knowing Seokjin had know Jimin and probably their relationship " but judging from the way you react about my husband--- I'm sorry I didn't tell you "

 

Taehyung doesn't understand why it's Seokjin whose apologizing between the both of them but he feels his throat tighten,  like he couldn't say anything.

 

Seokjin looks at the male,  seeing how he gets quite and looks down to avoid eye contact with him, the older male smiles a bit.

 

" I'm stupid " the older male looks at Taehyung as he mumbles words to himself before taking his gaze to the heaven above, they both looked up to the sky and watched as the stars slowly dissapears behind the clouds as moments passed, Taehyung thinks the stars looks like the ones in Seokjins eyes before,  twinkling so brightly when they were together.

 

His mind pictures the way Seokjin looks at Jungkook,  and how it looks nothing like now when Seokjin looks at him.

 

" I'm really stupid " he clenched his first and holds back his tears from appearing.

 

" Taehyung...  "

 

" I still love you Seokjin " Taehyung says and hopes for something, like somekind of miracle for Seokjin to reciprocate his feelings again.

 

Dark clouds had covered the moon and everything above the sky,  Taehyung could still see Seokjin's features from the lights coming from the huge mansion, he could see the way his eyes looks at him with nothing but friendliness,  his cheeks not painted with a blush and his lips still.

 

He couldn't make his heart beat anymore.

 

"I don't love you anymore Tae " Seokjin says and the words pierced to his heart like a knife,  but his eyes is full of concern and kindness as he let the painful truth escape his lips. " not like I used to "

 

Taehyung looks at him so broken but Seokjin couldn't give him false hope, because Kim Seokjin belongs to Jungkook now,  this is what he wanted to say for how many years,  he wanted to move on and wanted for Taehyung to find someone better,  Seokjin couldn't give Taehyung what he wanted before but now he only wants him to be happy.

 

Seokjin looks up,  knowing it's about to rain, he stands up and pats invisible dust on his thighs. He looks at Taehyung after and place a hand infront of him, the younger looks at Seokjin but he doesn't want to hold his hand anymore,  knowing it would hurt if his heart would probably remember when their hands touch.

 

" I'm going inside then, " Seokjin ruffles his hair and kissed his head for the last time,  Taehyung looks at Seokjin when the man sadly smiles at him.

 

" thank you Taehyung for the memories " there's a picture in his head,  Taehyung finally see how he could never take Seokjin back,  he sees how he had build an ocean between them and that had kept them apart

 

" i hope you'll find someone that would love you and make you happy " Seokjin stands for more than a second before turning around and leaving only Taehyung whose staring at his retreating figured.

 

He stands and sees Seokjin from the large garden window,  pouting at his husband and looking so happy as they shared a kiss.

 

And just like how he left Seokjin before, the rain poured on him, Taehyung looks up the sky and closed his eyes, he letting the heaven wash his tears away.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

 

Ugh, I'm just trying to write angst
I don't like angst but here you go
I've been away for like five months?
Sorry for the long wait

 

Anyways thank you for supporting this work of mine,  even though it's shtty lol
I've been listening Oceans by Martin Garix on repeat and I wanted to make this abgsty so here you go.