OOO

It Became Toxic

Please take time to read this short note. So the flashback starts in this chapter.. this is how they met. This and the next chapters will be like an explanation. I hope I made it clear.
 

A gorgeous but not so typical brunette, who just graduated last year and still haven't found the right job, was laying down on her couch and staring to her plain ceiling while hearing the sounds of raindrops through the window. She was alone in her expansive and very expensive condominium that her Mom gave to her as a graduation present for she graduated with flying colors in her batch. It was the first time she felt so thankful towards her Mom, because she thought she already found a way to escape from them but she was all wrong for the situations just worsen.

It was one of the reason why she still cannot find a proper job. Her foods and needs all came from her Uncle, who happened to be in another country, that really loves her and will do everything for her. She was thankful, though. But the love and support she has receiving from her Uncle wasn't still enough.

Jennie was still empty.

And she couldn't find a way, or ways, to fill her soul and to heal her aching heart.

What reason?

She also didn't know.

A weird loud ringtone and a vibrating phone stopped the brunette from thinking random things, she quickly grabbed the phone under her pillow and took a look at the screen. “What's with her?” annoyingly, she answered the call and didn't speak for she was waiting for the other line to do it.

“Jennie! The heck aren't you speaking? I was waiting. Damn.” the other line said after a minute of silence.

“Duh, I was waiting for you too since you're the one who called.” Jennie reasoned with an eye roll.

“Anywaaays, you do know that it's my birthday next week, right?”

“No.”

“What the hell? So yeah, it's my birthay next week but I'm going out the country for the celebration. That means..” what Jennie heard made her sit straight on the couch.

With widen eyes, she asks, “Why the hell are you going somewhere? You're such a , Nayeon. You promised to treat us!”

“That is why I called you. We're going to have a party this week, maybe on the weekend? Thank Sana for planning and organizing a pool party that is going to be held on their mansion. Yay?” the brunette sighed, thinking that she won't be able to bond with her bestfriend on her actual birthday. She couldn't say it though, Jennie was the type of person who cannot express her feelings straightforwardly. “Hey, I can hear you. Don't worry, I'm going to bring you.. maybe a girlfriend?”

“As if you can, Nabongs. Anyhoo, is there anything I can do? Of course I will come. Haven't you made a specific day? It's already Wednesday, dude.”

“We still haven't.. but I'll go for Friday and maybe an overnight since it has been forever the last time we slept together complete.”

“You mean.. Mina is going, too?”

“Yup!”

“That's a good news. I'll hang this off, take care bunny.” Jennie already ended the call and put the phone back under the pillow.

She stared at the off television, she heard a good news but that wasn't still enough to light up her world that was eating up by darkness. What can she do? She was a star, and stars won't shine if there's no dark.

-

Friday came and Jennie was anticipating the party won't go well for Mina was also coming. Unbeknownst to the other two, she and Mina once had a fight and that was because of someone they both loved and cherished; a person in highschool. She shrugged of the thoughts and concentrated on fixing herself at the mirror again.

After an hour of beautifying, she walked out the door of her unit and straightly went to the elevator which was already opened. Once she made it inside, she pressed the button to the underground, which was the parking lot where she parked her car. Her phone started ringing and here goes Sana's name appearing as the caller's ID.

“Hey, what's up? I'm on my way.” the elevator rang and opened so she made her way outside to find her car which she successfully found in less than a minute.

“We're already waiting here, you're so late Miss Kim.” the brunette rolled her eyes at the last word and started her engine.

“I told you not to call me that! You're ruining the day Sana, I might end up driving back to my condo or not join the party.” she annoyingly said using strong words.

“Relax. It's your surname!”

“Say it again!”

“Okay, I'll end the call before you get into an accident. You're driving, right? Better put the phone down and focus on the road. Bye!” Sana did end the call and Jennie put her phone back on her pocket.

Her eyebrows are still furrowed because of the name Sana called her. She again, shrugged it off and focused on the road as for what her bestfriend said.

An hour of driving and she safely arrived at Sana's house without having bruises and wounds. The guard welcomed her with a smile that she quickly returned with a warm smile too. “Miss Jennie, Sana and Miss Nayeon are inside.” the man said and an old lady approached them.

“Miss Jennie! Come, I'll guide you to them.” she said and guided Jennie inside the house. Once they were inside, they walked upstairs and the lady opened the door, which was Sana's room from what Jennie can still remember. “Miss Sana, Miss Jennie is here.” there they saw Sana and Nayeon sitting on Sana's bed. Jennie was surprised and jumped to hug Sana.

“YAH! Stop acting like a kid, Jennie!” Sana whined while letting go from the brunette's arms embracing around her tiny little body. The old lady then closed the door to give them privacy.

“YOU BISH! You didn't say anything that you'll bleach your hair to red! Are you really our bestfriend? And, look at your room! The last time.. this was still painted yellow..” Jennie said whilst eyes travelling to each corners of the room. She also caressed Sana's hair and later pulled it which made Sana to gasp.

“Jennie, calm. Of course, she just came back from Japan. What do you expect?” Nayeon interrupted and stopped her from doing anything that can hurt Sana more.

“Agh, I hate you.” Jennie mumbled.

“I hate you too! I just bleached this yesterday! You're not changing, Jen. Still careless.” Sana said as she rolled her eyes while touching the strand of hair the brunette pulled.

“Whatever.”

“Can you guys stop? It's my party! Mina is coming in a while, too. Wait, let me just entertain our friends down there.” Nayeon bid them goodbye and got out the picture.

Hearing Mina's name made Jennie's bright face turn to dark. And that didn't escaped Sana's eyes. “Oh, what's the problem Jen?” she asked which Jennie turned with a fake smile and a rapid nod. “Okay. I'll leave you here, I still have something to attend. You can use anything but don't ever touch the wall. You might end up ruining my wallpapers. You can sleep, too since the party is still later. I'm going!” Sana said and went out. Jennie sighed and put her bag on the bed.

 

What will Mina react when she sees me?


 

On the other party is a blonde who just woke up from her deep slumber, and was greeted by her sweet mother caressing her cheeks.

“It's already afternoon, sweetie. It's already an hour too I'm staying here but I didn't wake you up. You looked really pretty while sleeping.” the mother complimented with her sweet voice soothing the young girl's ears. The blonde sat and hugged the woman very tight. “You should get up and bring the cookies I baked for your cousin.”

They pulled off and the blonde then gave a kiss on her mother's left cheek before going inside the bathroom to take a bath. “Mom! Did you also baked some for me?!” she asked through the closed door.

“Yes sweetie!” her mother immediately answered. The girl smiled sweetly and heard her door closed which was a sign that the mother already left.

After doing her morning routines, though it's already afternoon, she went to the kitchen to grab her lunch that her Mom prepared for her. “Oooh, you really didn't call me and you're eating those cookies alone?! How dare..” a voice of a guy was heard at the back and the blonde turned her head, only seeing her older brother in her jogging attires holding an iPad.

“How dare me? How dare you too to use my iPad!”

“This ain't also yours! Dad already said that we're going to share this and you already used it the whole day yesterday and so will I! Idiot.” the younger girl only rolled her eyes. “Are you going to Sana's house? I heard she's going to hold an event or something..”

“Yeah.. I actually don't want to go there but Mom asked me to. Wait, what event are you saying, oppa?” she asked with curiosity in her eyes.

“I don't know, either. Maybe you should go there right now and take a look, or you join whatever that event is.” the older guy suggested which made her sister think.

After finishing her breakfast, she went to her parents' room to see her mother. “Mom! I'm going!” she said energetically.

“Take care, sweetie! Oh, and you can stay at their house if you want to. I and your Taeyang oppa are about to go to your Dad to bring him lunch.”

“Ooh, can't you wait for me? I also want to go to greet the employees there.” she suggested but her Mom only shook her head.

“No, you already grew up in the company, aren't you used to going there? You can hang out with Sana or your friends, you guys aren't going out like how you used to before. Besides she just came back from Japan.” the mother disagreed.

“Sana-unnie is holding an event on their house, like what Taeyang-oppa said. And.. Mom, you know I don't have much that friends to hang out with. I at socializing, remember?” she reminded her social anxiety to the woman, and gave her a light nod saying she understands her.

“Yeah.. maybe you should go, sweetie. You can use the bicycle, your Dad already fixed it last night!” the blonde was surprised to hear her bicycle was already fixed so she went near her Mom to hug her. “Aigoo, you're such a baby.” the mother softly said and kissed her daughter's forehead. “Go ahead.” the girl happily went outside their garden and saw her bicycle.

“Yaaay!” she screamed and went to ride on it. She first put the box of cookies on the basket and started pedaling to her cousin's home, only a few blocks away since they live in the same village. “Ahjussi!” she called to the guard when she reached the house and smiled to him. “Can I go inside?”

“Of course, Lisa!” the guard replied with a warm smile that he got from seeing Lisa's precious smile. “Keep smiling, dear.” he reminded before opening the gate to let her go inside. Lisa gave a nod and put her bicycle on the side. She crossed to the old lady whilst going inside the door.

“Aunt Mary! Hi!” she greeted and here goes the smile she also gave from the old man, letting the lady see how a precious person she is.

“Lisa! It's been long! How are you? Come here, let's go to Sana. What are you holding anyway?” the lady asked while clinging to her arms.

“I'm totally fine, Auntie since Dad gave me the very first copy of the book I was waiting to get published! And yeah, this is a box of cookies Mom baked for Sana-unnie.” Lisa told and handed the box to the lady. “Wait, Auntie.. when did Sana-unnie went home? Geez, she really didn't tell me, huh?”

“She just came back a week ago. She was about to call you but she got bombarded with a lot of offers from different companies. You know her situation.” the lady answered as they go upstairs.

Lisa nodded and says, “Oh, yeah. I forgot that my cousin is a model. I'm glad she's getting the recognition she truly deserves, eh?” they both chuckled. They were now in front of Sana's door and Lisa insisted to knock. Three times of knocking and it was opened with an unfamiliar face, well at least for Lisa.

“Miss Nayeon, is Sana inside? This is Lisa, her cousin.”

“Hi, I'm Lisa.” Lisa greeted with a bow of respect.

“Hi, I'm Nayeon. And yep, Sana is inside taking a phone call. Come.” Nayeon opened the door wider to let Lisa come in. The old lady then left them and there goes Lisa hugging Sana on her side.

“Sana-unnieeee.” she childishly called using her cute voice.

“Aish, don't call me unnie, Lisa! I sound so old when you call me that.” Sana complained but later hugged Lisa too. “Why are you here anyway? Got problems in home?” she worriedly asked.

“Duh! I'm here because Mom told me to give you the cookies she made. You came last week but you never told any of us even Dad. Just how rude can you be.” Lisa whined but with a soft laugh.

“Really? Cookies?!” Sana screamed with widened eyes, for the mention of one of her favorite foods; cookies especially home made.

“Yeah.” Lisa answered. She noticed Nayeon sitting on the couch while holding her phone. “Hm, unnie? Is she that bestfriend of yours you told me rude?” curiosity hit Lisa she didn't control and asked.

“No, she's not the one. It was Jennie, she's also coming here later. She's not really rude, though, but she sounds one especially to strangers. I wonder what will happen when you meet. But that girl is Nayeon and she's contrast to Jennie, Nayeon is soft and bubbly like you too. You surely will get along together.” Lisa nodded her head to the information she heard, her eyes still glued on Nayeon's serious face.

“Unnie, can I use the bathroom? Can I borrow some clothes, too? Because on my way here, a car accidentaly hit me with mud even I was riding a bicycle.” she asked which Sana gave a nod and quickly lent her pajamas. She thanked the older girl as she made her way to the bathroom.

 

A minute and there goes knocks heard whilst Nayeon and Sana were busy talking. The door opened and the not so rude Jennie Kim appeared with her appealing looks.

“Miss Sana, Miss Jennie is here.” there Jennie saw Sana and Nayeon sitting on Sana's bed. Jennie was surprised and jumped to hug Sana.

“YAH! Stop acting like a kid, Jennie!” Sana whined while letting go from the brunette's arms embracing around her tiny little body. The old lady then closed the door to give them privacy.

“YOU BISH! You didn't say anything that you'll bleach your hair to red! Are you really our bestfriend? And, look at your room! The last time.. this was still painted yellow..” Jennie emotionally said whilst eyes travelling to each corners of the room. She also caressed Sana's hair and later pulled it which made Sana to gasp.

“Jennie, calm. Of course, she just came back from Japan. What do you expect?” Nayeon interrupted and stopped her from doing anything that can hurt Sana more.

“Agh, I hate you.” Jennie mumbled.

“I hate you too! I just bleached this yesterday! You're not changing, Jen. Still careless.” Sana said as she rolled her eyes while touching the strand of hair the brunette pulled.

“Whatever.”

“Can you guys stop? It's my party! Mina is coming in a while, too. Wait, let me just entertain our friends down there.” Nayeon bid them goodbye and got out the picture.

Hearing Mina's name made Jennie's bright face turn to dark. And that didn't escaped Sana's eyes. “Oh, what's the problem Jen?” she asked which Jennie turned with a fake smile and a rapid nod. “Okay. I'll leave you here, I still have something to attend. You can use anything but don't ever touch the wall. You might end up ruining my wallpapers. You can sleep, too since the party is still later. I'm going!” Sana said and went out. Jennie sighed and put her bag on the bed.

Inside Sana's bathroom is Lisa who heard the whole conversation. She was done taking a shower on the half of their conversation but decided to not interfere, because it was a mini-reunion for what Lisa thought.

Though uncomfortable as she heard Jennie was the only one left, she slowly opened the bathroom door and made a sound. That sound didn't escape Jennie's ears and her eyes widen. It felt like horror for Jennie's ears and her scaredy self. “W-who is that?” with shaking body, she asked.

Lisa closed her eyes tightly and decided to show herself, “H-hi?” with eyes still closed, she spoke for she didn't want to scare Jennie anymore.

“Oh, h-hello.”


 

What a wrong timing.






 

Yay! Finished it! Time check: 12:43AM.

I'm really sorry for this very late update. Seriously, I had to write lots of drafts and ended up writing this for three hours. Anyhoo, I don't know when is the next update bc this week is exam week and I have no time left to study so kindly understand if I won't be able to update quickly. So, yeah? Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have time, yes again, kindly leave a comment to make me aware of how am I doing and to inspire me as well.

PS. Blackpink is being silent these days, I hope this can save you from the drought.
PPS. Sorry for the lack of words!! I'll try to improve!