Four

Like A Tiny Dust

Why living in a complicated life when we can choose an easy one, was what Jungkook had always thought. When he was stuck in choosing two paths, Jungkook would always choose the simple one or the safest one. Like one time when he had to choose his prefer university. His parents wanted him to stay near them but Jungkook wanted a new experience or environment, so he had chosen to further study in Seoul away from his hometown. Why? Was it the safest decision? Indeed it was because by staying away meant that he no longer be in his parents care. In other word, it’s a freedom.

Freedom when he can party every time he want and freedom when he doesn’t need to hide his uality anymore, not that he would go anywhere saying that he’s gay but he can date anyone without being to be wary of his parent’s eyes or their relatives hawk-like-eyes. Having no one to nag at him for leaving his clothes unwashed for weeks or didn’t really care to wash his own body or no one to scold him when he left his leftover foods for months.

So, when he got the text message from Jimin, inviting him to a bar, Jungkook could ignore the text or simply replying with a simple no, because that was the safest decision. But for once, Jungkook took the opposite of his nature that only lead him to the biggest mistake in his life that of course he wouldn’t know about it yet cause it is something that will happen later.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. We can’t meet tonight. I have a bad stomachache.” Finding a good excuse is not a difficult task but convincing Taehyung to not come and visit him at home is another level.

“But-“

“Don’t worry about me, hyung...” Jungkook was putting on his shoes, hoping that Taehyung won’t hear the shuffling sound of he’s trying silently to wear the shoe properly. “I’ll be alright. I just need to take a nap.” By that, he has finished wearing his shoe.

“Okay, but call me if anything wrong.”

“Alright, hyung. Maybe you can ask Hoseok-hyung or Namjoon-hyung out tonight it you’re bored.” Jungkook did feel guilty for lying since he could hear the sadness in Taehyung’s voice but it doesn’t feel wrong either when he replied with a capital OK to Jimin’s text message.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, hyung. Bye, love you.”

“Love you too.” They’ve been together for a longer period, so saying such lovey-dovey thing don’t bring butterfly effect anymore. It almost sounded like a normal greeting like how are you would sound like.

Jungkook feels so remorse that had him to sigh for hundreds times along the way but 30 minutes later when he stopped in front of the underground bar, famous for gay people to start new relationship, Jungkook couldn’t help from feeling so excited. He looked down while lifting his wrist up to check the time, 9.15 Pm and he was late by 15 minutes but Jimin said that he would wait for him, so without thinking much, he stepped inside.

The bar is surprisingly quiet and polite, not like any other night bar that he had gone with Taehyung or his other friends. The bar plays a soothing music and Jungkook could see that people inside are sober, not dancing wildly to some random music played by a Dj because there is no Dj in here. There are some people who drunk and all but they are in control, no shouting, no yelling and most importantly, no dirty stuff. Maybe the intention makes it different. Mostly people come here to find a life partner not just a hook-up to release their pent-up tension.

Jungkook walked to the counter once he spotted Jimin’s there. He was sitting alone but there is someone two seat away on his right but clearly they don’t know each other. That man was drinking while checking something on his phone, didn’t give his much attention to his surrounding only interested in his phone. Why he was here if the phone was only his interest, thought Jungkook.

“Sorry, I’m late.” He says while taking the seat next to Jimin, obviously trying to be confident and also trying to sound like one, at least he succeed in not stuttering in front of Jimin, even if his heart is beating crazily inside.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind. Thank you for coming.” Jimin says in return that left Jungkook in dazed because this Jimin looked different, no more dominating aura like when he was in the office earlier. Jimin looks cute like a puppy in his oversized bomber jacket paired with a ripped jeans.

“You-you’re welcome.” They fall in a good amount of silence after that before Jimin called the bartender to order drinks for them. Jungkook let Jimin to choose when Jimin said that he wanted to treat Jungkook but of course he had refused at first only to agree when Jimin pouted cutely in front of him. He totally ignore when his heart literally beat at Jimin’s cute little pouty lips.

“So, Jungkook-shi. You never answer my question. So tonight I want to know the answer. Please be honest.”

It takes a few seconds for Jungkook to completely understand what Jimin had mean but once the realization hit him, Jungkook lose his ability to speak.

“Err..I-I..”

“Am I not attractive?” Jimin asks again.

“No, no, you are attractive but-but...” He hesitates again.

“But?”

“I now..err-“

“You are with Taehyung right now. Is that what you want to say?” Jungkook nods after a few seconds staring at Jimin.

Jimin smiles in return. “I know that. I’m not asking you to be my boyfriend or something like that. I just thought that maybe we could be friend.” Jungkook nods again but there is some disappointment when Jimin said that he just wanted to be friend with him.

“Honestly, I don’t believe in relationship.” Second time disappointments but even Jungkook himself doesn’t know why he feels that way. Is he anticipating something when Jimin brought that topic? He himself doesn’t have the exact answer.

“You are attractive, Director-Park-“

“Just call me Jimin, please.”

“Are you gay?”

Jungkook hears himself asking it without he even realized it. Jimin smirks before answering Jungkook’s question. “I like both, man and woman but like a said earlier, I don’t do relationship, so labelling myself as gay person or a straight person is not necessary.”

“I see.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did I come here in the first place, Yoongi thought when he already sat there for hours, alone. Well 30 minutes still consider as hours, according to Yoongi’s time calculation. Yoongi comes to the bar to find someone that can make him to feel the butterfly in his stomach again but no one had succeed since Yoongi keeps on rejecting their offer for a drink.

Well, he’s cute though. Yoongi turns to find a perfect candidate once again when he saw a man smaller than him two seat away from his seat. But he looks like someone that have to be held not otherwise, Yoongi monologue by himself again. He must looks like crazy person, nodding and shaking his head alone with no one beside.

Oh, he already has company, he was playing with his phone when he saw that man was being approached by someone and by looking at their body language, they had known each other.

Lucky him to have someone that bulk to hold him at night.

God, please help me find one like that too.

I desperately in need of someone to hold me to sleep.

The stress has really eaten me alive.

Are all of Yoongi’s thought when he saw how good the two look with each other. After 2 hours of sitting alone, he is ready to leave but halt his movement when someone comes to sit on the empty seat next to him. That man look frustrated and sad but Yoongi doesn’t have the gut to ask because his motto is not to meddle in someone else’s business.

But 30 minutes later, when he found himself talking to that stranger, Yoongi vowed to change his life motto for a better one because it seemed that meddling in other’s business is indeed a good thing. Their conversation started with just a simple sentence, no pick-up line, no dirty jokes and no flirting at all.

“Are you alone too?”

Oh no, this one looks like he was about to cry.

“Yes.” Do you see anyone besides me here, you , yoongi wanted to add but he stopped himself afraid that maybe that guy will break in front of him. Yoongi is not good dealing with crying people.

Yoongi wants to ditch that man and leave that place before going back to his home, probably sleeping alone again that night but that sad looking man keeps on looking at him as if he wanted Yoongi to pat his head or embracing him.

And that is how Yoongi had found himself stuck with the stranger that had introduced himself as Taehyung who his boyfriend, kookie had cancelled their night date because of his stomach-ache.

“And you are sad because these Hobi-hyung and Joonie-hyung had eaten dinner when you called him after Kookie cancelled your date? Am I right? Because you feel so left out since you are alone, hungry and lonely?” Taehyung eagerly nods at Yoongi’s statement, happy that finally someone understand his feeling.

“Then, why did you come here? Should you be at diner right now?”

“I already ate ramen at convenience store. Alone.”

“You are so funny. I never met someone like you before, ever in my life. And do you know what would make it funnier?”

“What?” Taehyung ask, confused and puzzled.

“About half an hour before you came here, I saw one couple, one small and one tall, but the tall one looked nervous and all that he had drink more than 5 shots while the small never touch his drink. At the end, the small guy had to carry the tall guy home. He looked so wasted. It would be funnier if one of the guys happen to be your Kookie.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung wakes up from his sleep because the urge to pee but the bad hangover stopped him from rushing to the toilet. His head feels so heavy and everything around him spins in circle. After a few minutes recollecting himself, Taehyung tried again to sit up but something heavy on his chest limited his movement. He looked down to see someone was using his chest as a pillow and by looking at the short hair, he knew it was a man.

“Err…” Taehyung shakes that body to wake him up.

“Just let me sleep.” That man said in return, having no though in waking up.

“Err…I’m sorry but who are you?”

That unknown man releases his hands from hugging Taehyung’s body and slowly lifted his head before turning his body to properly show his face at Taehyung. “Seriously, have you forgotten about me?”

“Yoongi?”

“Yeah, yeah. Now you remember me. Thanks god you’re not having amnesia.”

“But why are we here?” Taehyung lifts the blanket that had covered their body. “Why are we both ?” Taehyung doesn’t look surprised looking at their .

“We both drunk. You know last night, we agreed to spend our night at Y club, right?” Taehyung nods because after talking for hours at X bar, they decided to go to Y club. At the club, they drink again before dancing and everything blurred after that.

“Have-did we do it?”

“What?-“ Yoongi doesn’t get what Taehyung was trying to imply with that question but after looking at the blush on his face, Yoongi gets the idea. “Yeah, we did it.”

“Who-“ Taehyung swallows his nervousness before continuing “did you put it in me or I did it?”

“Well, I do feel pain at my lower part, so I think you’re topping.” Yoongi answer such question calmly with no hint of shyness. It’s like asking what his breakfast was at that morning.

“Thanks god. I-I never done this, so thinking that I’m topping for my first time helped me to relax.”

“You never done this? Really?” Yoongi can’t believe what he had heard just now.

“We, my boyfriend and I don’t like bottoming, so we agreed to just..you know..not having .”

“Holly , this is so hilarious.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, Jimin wakes up from his sleep with someone beside him and he likes the picture of it. The man sleeping beside him doesn’t even stir when Jimin turned his body to lie on his stomach before turning on the table lamp. Jimin takes that opportunity to appreciate Jungkook’s good looking face.

“You’re so easy, Jungkook-ah.” Then Jimin kisses Jungkook’s forehead.

He scoots closer to Jungkook’s body while bringing one of Jungkook’s hand to his waist, making sure to look like that Jungkook has hugged him while they sleep. After that, Jimin closes his eyes and back to sleep.

Jungkook wakes up hours after that with the worst hangover. He lies flat on his back trying to ease the bad headache by massaging his temple but that is not helping at all. After a couple of minutes trying to heal his headache, Jungkook blinks his sleepiness away and decided to wake up. Jimin was already up but he pretend to still sleeping because he wanted to see Jungkook’s reaction.

“What the-.” Jimin tries really hard to contain his laughter when Jungkook practically shout that curse words. “Did-did we...”

Jimin pretends to wake up by hearing Jungkook’s loud voice. “Oh, you’re up. Good morning.” Jimin says calmly while loving to lean his back at the headboard. “You’re pretty wild last night. I don’t think I can walk for a week.” Jimin adds, just to see the most hilarious reaction he ever seen. “What!” Jungkook shouts before sneaking a glance at Jimin’s torso then he lifted the blanket to meet with their half- body. Luckily they wore a boxer to cover that middle part but that not stopping Jungkook from panicking.

“Hey, relax.” Jimin puts his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder to stop him from panicking. “I’m not going to tell Taehyung about us and also I will not ask you to be my boyfriend just because we slept together.”

“Really?” Jimin almost wanted to laugh out loud at Jungkook’s shocked looking face but he settled with just a small chuckles. “Let’s just be friends, okay?”

“I head off to shower first.” Jimin says before moving out of the bed leaving Jungkook who still in shocked. But Jimin decided to tease Jungkook more when he leaned down to kiss Jungkook’s lips before limping to the bathroom. Actually, the limping part was a lie too since they never done it in the first place.