Two

Like A Tiny Dust

Living life as a child of one of the millionaires in Korea, sometimes feels that it is worse than good. But Hoseok and Namjoon never complain because they can do whatever they want. No one will stop them because both of their parents are very busy and have no time for them. Hoseok moved to Japan when he was 10 years old because his father had to work there. Some said that his father choose to move to Japan to be near his mistress but Hoseok didn’t even care as long as he got an enough allowance every month. At the age of 11 he met Namjoon, also a Korean who had to stay in Japan with the same reason.

Since then they are both close friends, they never separate. They did fight or quarrel but they reconcile after a few hours.

 As usual, Hoseok and Namjoon will wander around the city after school, but one day Hoseok spotted a boy probably around 12 standing alone outside a snooker center while looking around to look into through the big clear window. The people passerby did not even bat their eyes to look at the boy but Hoseok approached the boy before reprimanding him.

"What are you doing here? This is not a place for kids like you. "Hosoek asked in his fluent Japanese language. Namjoon just looks away from him as he does not like to interfere with other people's affairs.

"Emm ... me .." the boy stuttered it out. "... find my uncle." The Japanese used by that boy sounds weird and irregular.

"What should I say?" The boy spoke to himself but the pronounciation used by that boy sounded similar to Hoseok's ear.

"Are you a Korean?"

"Yes. Do you? "Hosoek nodded as he called Namjoon towards them. Namjoon slowly approaches them.

"Joon-ah, that boy is from Korea too." Hosoek told Namjoon with a smile. "What do you do here, boy?"

The boy was startled for a moment because Namjoon sounded as if he was acolding him that make that boy to cower in fear because of his voice. "I i..."

"Well, Namjoon-ah. Look, he's gonna cry cause of you. "Hosoek scolded Namjoon before holding the boy's hand gently and softly rub it hoping the boy would be safe with them. "I'm sorry." Namjoon replied while scratching his neck that did not feel itchy at all.

"I-I'm looking for my uncle. He had not been back home for two days. He often spend his time here but I do not see him here today too. I searched for him everywhere but no luck. I'm afraid if anything happened to him. He-he did not answer my call. "Unknowingly the tears of the boy fell down and Hosoek pulled the boy into his arms.

"Hey, hey, please do not cry anymore. We'll help you find y-YOU-oww. "Namjoon has stepped on Hosoek's feet as he warns him through his eye movement.

"We'll help you." Hosoek insisted and ignored the warning given by Namjoon. "What is your name? I'm Hoseok and that rude boy is Namjoon. "

"Jimin, my name is Jimin."

"How old are you?"

"17 years old."

"What? You-we thought that you’re still a kid. "

That's how Jimin has met Hosoek and Namjoon. Since then, the three of them have become close friends. They both helped with everything they had to find Jimin's uncle but it did not work. After a few months, Jimin has stopped searching for his uncle and has accepted the fact that he has been thrown away by his own uncle as his grandfather has done.

At age 16, Jimin was sent to Japan alone to attend high school there. The main reason for his grandfather to do that was to teach Jimin ways to be independent. But Jimin’s youngest uncle, 19 years old at that time had followed him to Japan to stay with Jimin for his safety. But after a year passed, his uncle disappeared.

"Maybe I only bring bad luck to people." Jimin though to himself.

Having been in Japan for several years with Hosoek and Namjoon, Jimin was once again surprised by the news that Hoseok and Namjoon had to return to Korea as they both had accepted to work there. Both Hosoek and Namjoon have earned a degree at a Japanese university similar to Jimin and now they have to start life as an adult with a responsibility.

Jimin was left alone after Hoseok and Namjoon returned to Korea but they were still in touch. Hosoek will always tell Jimin his life and Namjoon’s life in Korea and hope Jimin will also choose to work in Korea as they are after graduation.

"I will, hyung." Jimin made sure and Hosoek smiled happily to listen to him.

After a year has passed, Jimin has graduated and returned to Korea. But he has kept his return as a secret since he is now under the supervision of his grandfather. Every part of his movement are limited and always under servelliance. After a week back to Korea, Jimin began his job in his grandfather's company with Taehyung and from then on destiny had found Hoseok and Namjoon with him again.

"JIMIN!" Hosoek shouted to Jimin and ignored the look from the worker passing by in the office lobby. He ran to embrace Jimin but was rejected by Jimin that he had pushed Hoosek hard until he fell down on the floor. Namjoon who was also surprised by Jimin's harsh treatment quickly helped Hosoek to stand.

"Jimin?" Hosoek tries again with hope that Jimin will admit that this is just a joke.

"Please keep your behavior in the office area. I am the company's general manager. Please respect me as your boss. And another, do I know who you are? "Jimin insisted before leaving Hosoek and Namjoon who was still confused by the cold treatment of Jimin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin opened his eyes and he was surrounded by green grasses and clouds that marched calmly. The weather was very bright but windy. The blowing wind was very peaceful and lively and Jimin decided to lie on the grass. Then he closed his eyes again with a smile and dreamed alone.

After a while, Jimin heard a child's voice so cheerful playing not far from where he was lying. He wakes up again to see what the boy is playing because they sound very happy. In front of Jimin, two families were picnicking. Both families have a parent and a son, but they do not interact with one another, as if only their family were there, not the other.

"Father, father, hurry up to me." One of the two children ran away while pursuing his father.

"I'll get you and eat you." The boy's father pretended to be a monster. The boy looked very happy running to escape from his father's threat. His mother just watched them with a little laugh.

On the other side of the place , there was another happy family. Their son was quietly reading a book beside his dad who was writing something with great focus. After a few minutes, the boy fell asleep on his father's lap. Her mother looked at her son lovingly as the world only belonged to her son.

Jimin also smiled at them.

"Are you happy now, Jiminnie?" Someone surprised Jimin from his rapture. He turned to look at the voice’s direction and it seemed that the voice belonged to his own mother.

"Mom?" Her mother smiled at Jimin.

"Are you happy now, Jimin-ah?" The man who was next to her mother asked.

"Dad?" Jimin tried to approach them but with every step taken by Jimin, his distance with his parents grew.

"Are you happy now, Jimin?" Both his parents said at once.

"Dad, mom, please do not leave me again." Jimin begged but they still left him.

With the advent of clouds that had previously been bright turn to dark with an instant blink. The green grass is now wilted and black like every step set by jimin is a poison that will destroy the world. Both his parents lost in the wind that would turn into a storm anytime. He turned towards the two families he met a few minutes ago but the only survive is the boy who had been playing around with his father just recently. Jimin ran to find another member of his family out of sympathy for the boy's fate that left alone.

"You're the cause of all this." Jimin stopped running when the boy started talking after awhile. The sharp stare from the boy thrown toward Jimin seemed to pierce to his heart. Every word is intended like a sharp sword that tries to break his heart. "You've destroyed everything." The boy said again and this time, he looked right at Jimin and his eyes turned red.

"You're the killer!" The boy slipped it loudly before running to Jimin and lugging his neck tightly. Jimin tries to break the straps around his neck but the boy's hands on his neck are very strong and Jimin loses his energy.

Jimin struggled to be released just to make the straps around her neck tight and after a while Jimin gave up and was ready to accept the fate that would override him. He closed his eyes and was willing to die.

"You should have died."

Suddenly Jimin awake from his sleep. He looked around and was sure he was in the bedroom at his house. No more boy trying to kill him. Jimin's face and body were wet with sweat and he did not realize that he had been crying in his sleep. He only realizes it when he touches his wet cheeks. Jimin wakes up from his sleep and walks to a place where he’s sure can help him to calm down.

After an hour's walk, Jimin arrived at his destination. Jimin is not sure what time it is but he keeps pressing the house bell and surprising the house’s owner. After a few minutes pressing the bell, someone had opened the door from inside.

"Jimin?"

"Hyung ... I-i..he..kill ... me..again."

Hosoek was deep in sleep when someone ringing his doorbell non-stop and Hosoek almost cursed at whoever had done it, totally forgetting that it could be Jimin.Forcefully he wake from sleep to see who dared to his sleep. Namjoon is certainly will not be awake since he is a kind who slept dead. He opened the door and was surprised to see Jimin in front of his house.

"The same nightmare again?" Hosoek asked and Jimin just nodded.

"Are you walking from your home here again?" Hosoek asked again as he glanced at Jimin's legs and breahted a relief sigh when he noticed that Jimin did not forget to wear sandals. Jimin nodded for the second time.

"Come in. Sleep with me. "Hosoek invited quietly because this was not the first time such thing happened.

Three years ago, after Jimin pushed him down to the floor, Hoseok and Namjoon felt were very sad because his beloved dongsaeng was willing to exclude him after he became a manager of the company. In the evening after returning from work, Hosoek and Namjoon were surprised to see Jimin being at their doorstep, wearing a hat and a mask.

"Hyung, I'm sorry" is the first sentence Jimin uttered when he saw them. "I-I have to do it or they'll take you both from me."

"Who will take we from you, Jimin-ah?" Namjoon asked.

"They are the same people who have taken away my uncle."

Namjoon wants to ask again but Hoseok stopped him because Jimin looks like he was in panic attack. Hoseok approached Jimin and hugged him firmly to cal, Jimin who was in fear. After that, they no longer ask why Jimin did all this and acted in the world that Jimin had arranged.

The first time this happened, Hosoek was very surprised that Jimin appeared in front of his house at 3 am with in a pajama and did not wear sandals. He brought Jimin into his house before waked Namjoon from his sleep. Jimin told him what had happened in his dream and Hosoek heard it carefully while treating Jimin's bleeding feet. Namjoon holds Jimin’s hand tightly wishing him to know that he will always be there for Jimin. Finally after tiring of speaking, Jimin fell asleep on Namjoon's shoulders.

The incident was repeated again, sometimes Jimin did not forget to wear sandals and sometimes he forgot to put on the sandal but Hoseok kept inviting him in and no longer waked Namjoon who was sleeping deadly. When Namjoon wakes up the next day and sees Jimin next to Hosoek preparing breakfast, he just smiles and greets Jimin as usual. Because for everyone, jimin may be a 26 years old grown up man, but for both Hoseok and Namjoon, Jimin is still their 17 years old boy who they met for the first time while searching for his uncle.

They wanted to help but they just don’t know how.