Chapter 23

Are We Meant To Be?

___'s POV

Weeks after that, I found myself and Jihyo in a restaurant, at night. This is our first date this year, with me turning 19 unofficially. The restaurant was a bit fancy to my liking but who am I to complaint when your girlfriend did everything for you? Making reservation for both of us is too much actually.

We talked a lot, pretty much about our idol life just like our previous dates. The difference is just there's no one here except us, the cooks and the waitresses. 

"Hey, suddenly I feel like singing" 

Jihyo said and pointed towards the stage where a grand piano stood, in the middle of it. It was sudden, but I didn't mind as I knew her passion for singing. 

"Go on, then. I will be your number one fan here" 

I winked and she grinned. 

After pressing some keys, warming up. She started singing with her angelic voice. A voice that I would never tired hearing of. A voice that I look forward to every morning. 

The moment I laid eyes on you words suddenly became a hindrance
Our hearts were probably communicating long before

All who live have things that they dislike
And also countless things that hurt them
But after meeting you it’s changed
The way to enjoy life is not by looking down but by raising your head

I’ll softly wrap up whatever sadness there may be
Even if you don’t tell me the circumstances I’ll understand everything
If you’re happy then I’ll feel happy too
Like the wind hits the trees your smile will create a chain reaction

Joyful love..

Jihyo ended the song perfectly and approached me. She looked amazing but somehow nervous? 

"Can you stand up for a second?"

Nodding, I obeyed her. My mouth opened to ask her what's going on, she put her finger on my lips and said. 

"Please listen what I want to say, baby. W-well you see, few years ago I was asked by my parents to marry you, without my permission. I was mad, confused but never ever feel the want to love and protect you. We got to know each other, as friends at first. I thought we will be just friends, not more than that. But I realised after I cheated, with someone who didn't deserve my love, I regret everything. I was lost without you. Until you came back, I feel like 'Ah, maybe this is my second chance. I need to prove to you that I could protect you as much as you did to me'. You are an angel, who forgives all of my doings yet still love me. That's why, today, to prove my love for you until the end, ___, my love. Will you take this woman, who makes mistakes anytime, anywhere, whether it was in the past or in the future, as your wife?"

Jihyo kneeled down while holding my hands, as if she's afraid that I will leave her. No, I wouldn't leave her, no matter what happens.

"No, I would never leave you and of course, I will, my future wife." 

A crystal clear tear dropped from Jihyo's eyes. She took out a small, red box with a pair of rings inside. The ring was simple but elegant. A blue diamond compliments the sliver ring. She helped me wears the ring and so did I. 

Jihyo grabbed my waist and kissed me softly. As if it was a seal of our promise. 

"Thank you, ___. I was really nervous, you know?"

I laughed and kissed her both of her cheeks. 

"Quick question, why did you serenade me with a japanese song? I thought it would be in English or Korean.

"Come on, you think I didn't know that you loved listening to J-pop? You need to appreciate my efforts in searching and memorise the song."

"You are lucky I love you." 

I rolled my eyes and pinched her cheeks.

That night was one of the best date nights I have ever experienced. Maybe it was our last date as girlfriends. My parents would be freaking out seeing this ring on my finger after I go home probably. 

___________________________________________________

A/N: A short update! This fiction is getting nearer to the end~ The song that I used for this chapter is Joyful Love by Hinatazaka46 or previously known as Hiragana Keyakizaka46. I know, I'm a trash for both kpop and jpop lol (support Hinata and Keyaki y'all)