Chapter 17

Are We Meant To Be?

"___-ah, wake up! It's already 9 in the morning!" Jihyo's voice could be heard from the bedroom. Both of them decided to wake up late since they don't have any schedule today, luckily for Jihyo since she didn't get any rest after their latest comeback. They just had a free day once and continue working after that.

___ couldn't express her happines and gratefulness to Jihyo when they went home together last night after Twice had finished their recording with her. Apparently, Jihyo asked her manager to pack her things and bring them to 'their' home. ___ even lifted Jihyo to the air and spun her around, making the one in the air giggled.

"Hmm.." The other girl hummed and continue her activity. Jihyo groaned and shook her again.

"5 more minutes.." ___'s morning voice came out. Although Jihyo always liked that voice she needs to wake her girlfriend up to spend time together. They missed a lot of beautiful moments that could be spent together; even when Twice had a vacation to Switzerland, every single thing that Jihyo saw could remind her of ___.

"Don't you want to spend time with your girlfriend?" Jihyo used her charm by doing aegyo towards ___. One of the things that could make ___ melt. 

"Fine.. I will get up. But please give me a kiss" ___ pouted her lips, waiting for her girlfriend's kiss. Jihyo, who sat on ___'s lap, went down close to ___'s lips. But as their lips a few centimetres from each others', Jihyo pinched ___'s cheeks.

"You should brush your teeth first!" Jihyo teased and kissed her cheek.

"Aish..I should've known you!" Jihyo got out of the bed and get ready for their date and so does ___.

----------------------

Their breakfast date were not fancy or something luxury. They just had a breakfast at a cafe chatted about everything that came into their mind. Of course they need to sit at a secluded corner to avoid any fans discover them. Ohh, don't forget the usual mask and hat. Even Jihyo choosed to wear beanie that make her two times cuter for the winter season.

After their coffee date, Jihyo insisted ___ to walk at the nearby park, saying that they need to digest the food in the stomach. But ___ knew Jihyo quite long, she just said that because she wanted to play in the snow. Jihyo was so energetic, she ran across a few metres from ___ while laughing. A few seconds later, she tripped and landed on the thick, white snow. It was ___'s turn to laugh at her. It looks like Sana's clumsinees had affected her.

-----------------------

___'s POV

Laying in the snow wasn't my favourite thing to do. But Jihyo could make everything my favourite if she's there. 

Jihyo snuggled close to me on the snow, then kissed my cheek.

"What were you thinking? You shouldn't think too much ___. Relax and enjoy okay?"

"Nothing much, just thinking 'bout you, dear." I turned around to see Jihyo's blushing.

"Hmm, ___-ah. Can I ask you something? Why did you go to U.S? What were you doing there? It's okay if you don't want to answer now. I understand.."

I thought that she already forgot why I went to U.S but she remembered it. Running away from that question is hard, especially when Jihyo's the one who wanted to know about that. She's as curious as a cat and smart too.

I kept quiet for a while to think if I should tell her or not for now.

"I-I was in a therapy that time. For my depression. After I was discharged from the hospital, my parents thought that I need help to cure my depression so I obeyed them."

------------------------

Jihyo's POV

After her explaination, my world felt like being crushed in a second. How? How I didn't know that she's depressed? She doesn't look like a depressed person when the first time I met her. How did she hide all of her problems with a smile?

I cupped her face, staring at her dark brown eyes deeply. Our gazes met, silence engulfed us. I kissed her softly after I pulled her mask down. I can't take a bigger risk to kiss her again since we are in public.

"You never tell me your problems ___.. Did you know that you need to let all of feelings out? All of your problems are stressing you, please talk to someone after this okay? Remember that I will always be beside you."

___ pulled away from my touch and she seems startled, but dismissed it by saying that she's okay. Great, she's lying again. I knew that smile enough. The forced smile.

___ stood up, patting her own body and legs to get rid the snow on her clothes.

"Let's go for a movie date!" She pulled me up and dragged me to the nearest cinema.

------------------

Around 11 p.m, I dragged ___ home eventhough she said that she's not tired. I raised my left eyebrow when she yawned after that. Talk about karma.

Soon, we arrived at home and ___ plopped on our bed after she hang her jacket on the chair inside the room. I let her rest while I stepped into the bathroom for a wash up before sleep.

"___-ah! Your tur-" Ohh, she's already sleeping. Quietly, I slipped into the bed beside ___. She's really exhausted..

I hugged her close and played with her hair. She's so pretty up close. Of all the times I think that I was straight, I never know that I could be bent by her.

Because of ___'s relaxing heart beats, I could sleep peacefully for a few hours.

---------------------

"Eomma! Appa! Please don't leave me!"

I was woken due to ___'s shouting in the middle of night. She's cold but sweating, it must be the nightmares​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​.

"___! ___! Wake up!" I shook her a bit hard, hoping the nightmare would be gone as soon as she woke up. ___ woke up sweating.

I reached her for a hug but was rejected when she pushed me, panicly. As if I'm a stranger to her, she curled herself like a ball and sobbed.

"___, it's me. Please don't be scared." ___ looked up, my heart were broken once again at the sight of her crying in front of me. I pulled her for a hug and gave a kiss on the forehead, whispering comfort words.

"Hey, it's okay..it's okay. Your parents are safe ___. They are sleeping now at home okay? Don't worry."

"You lied. They are gone. They left me. W-when I was a trainee, I'm useless, selfish. I-If I never wanted to be an idol, they won't come here just to bring me back. They won't die in that plane crash..their dead bodies won't be stranded in the sea.. At least, I would have die along with them.."

What? What did she talked about? Plane crash? In the sea? Her parents? What happened actually? I NEED ANSWERS. These..all of these were too much for me.. Her parents are home right? W-what are these?

Her grip on my shirt were loosened as she drifted back to sleep, leaving me confused, unexplained. The things she said just now, are all of them were the main cause of her depression? I need to talk to Mr. Lee tomorrow about these.

Hastily, I searched for my phone on the nightstand to send a message to Mr. Lee saying that I need to talk to him in the morning. He will read the message later, now I need to accompany this angel beside me to sleep. 

--------------------

Hello! It's me, your author-nim! Sorry for the late update again. (And again) I've nothing to say except my gratefulness to you guys who've been supporting this story~~ Hope for a nice day for you guys!!