Chapter 2: Chicago

SUMMER LOVE

SAME DAY

Jaerin collected the rental car at the airport and drove about 30min to her hotel to check in and then went out to the mall that sold most electronics to get her camera fixed or buy a new one. Sadly, the guy said the body is totally spoilt, must send it for servicing which might not be 100% fixed too. Jaerin then sighed but she thought at least the lens is not spoilt, thinking it positively. She bought a new Canon 7D Mark II which costed her about $3000USD and she made sure she will take care of it this time. It is her dream to follow the guy she liked so much and take photos of him without any return. 

It’s the day of Diamond Edge in Chicago. 1st stop in US. The boys was excited so is Jaerin. She was lucky she was about to get VVIP ticket including hi touch and even more lucky to get 1st row. She went shopping for her friends stuff and ate something for dinner before heading to the venue for the concert. Since she drove, everything is more convenient. It was time to enter the venue, and the concert was starting in 15minutes. Jaerin saw a hall full of carats and even took a video of the carat bongs flickering because it was so pretty and American Carats are so nice. 

 

-CONCERT START-

Members came out on stage and the first part was waving to Carats everywhere and the moment Wonwoo came out, he spotted Jaerin right in front of the stage towards the right. His smile instantly came up. They performed Pretty U, Beautiful and Adore U straight before introducing themselves. In between, whenever there’s chances Jaerin will whip out her DSLR and take a few shots and put it down like nothing happened. Many members saw and was shocked because she was sitting 1st row and no guards pulled her out yet. But she was good at these stuff.

During the introduction, Wonwoo purposely stood in front of Jaerin’s seat without much suspicion and he kept giving her glances as she looked at him. He saw her picket, it was him. Then he realised, ‘’So your bias is me’’ He smiled and snickered to himself until everyone was staring at him because its his turn to introduce himself but he is not. He awkwardly cleared his throat and introduced himself, Jaerin saw and chuckled as well while Wonwoo felt embarrassed. 

The whole concert ran smooothly with Wonwoo always coming in front of Jaerin and Jaerin was so happy because Wonwoo is not those type who usually give fan service even members saw and was surprised too. Mingyu also saw her nearer the end of the concert and bend down in front of her and waved to her. Fans beside Jaerin all looked at her but Jaerin just covered her face. She managed to get a lot of photos from today and she was really happy. 

The concert ended after 2hours and some Carats are queuing for hi touch now. Jaerin went to the toilet to freshen up and touched up her make up and went to queue for hi touch. The same girl that knocked into her at the airport was queuing behind her and Jaerin rolled her eyes. 

‘’Yah, you again?’’ The girl scoffed.

‘’Hyemi-ah! Why you walk so fast, I couldn’t catch up.’’ Another girl called from far and the girl talking to Jaerin turned away so Jaerin guessed her name is Hyemi. The queue moved fast and every few steps, Jaerin could hear chuckles and fingers pointing to her from the clique behind her. Jaerin just brushed it off and hope her turn faster come. 

In the room, hi touch was already ending with a couple more people and Wonwoo was spotting for Jaerin but she haven’t appeared yet. His face got sulkier and hi touching fans became a hit and smack to fans. S.Coups was beside him and he could feel the difference in Wonwoo’s hi touch so he nudged him and say, ‘’Yah, I know you are tired. Don’t show it so obviously. If not fans are going to be sad.’’ Wonwoo just shrugged because the leader misunderstood but Wonwoo just continue smiling again and hi touching normally listening to the leader. 

 

‘’LAST 10’’ The guard at the door shouted to the managers and members. 

‘’Is she not coming for hi touch?’’ Wonwoo thought and gave up looking at the door.

‘’HELLLOOOOOOOOO’’ Mingyu said it so loud when he saw Jaerin entered the door and he was the first one. Members thought he recognised one of his fansites again and gave them a warm hi touch but Wonwoo glanced again and realised it Jaerin. The corners of his mouth went up immediately. Wonwoo was the last one in line, so he just stared at Jaerin all the way. Jaerin smiled to every single one of them and said ‘’You’ve worked hard, thank you’’ and when she was at S.Coups reaching Wonwoo, the girl behind her pushed her a little and Jaerin stumbled a little but luckily Wonwoo caught her again and told her ‘’Be careful’’ and stared at the girl behind her. 

She said its okay and hi touched Wonwoo. Wonwoo didn’t give a hi touch, he intertwined his fingers with her and even gave her a little shake and said thanks for coming. Jaerin blushed and ran out because the staff was chasing her out. Wonwoo face turn straight black when its Hyemi turn and only hi touch her for 0.01sec and turn away. 

He knew she was his biggest fansite but he saw her actions these few days and got turned off by it. 

 

Jaerin quickly drove back to her hotel since it was pretty dark and its not safe to travel alone. She crashed on her bed and took out her DSLR to see the photos she took. She was scrolling and realised probably 90/100 photos she took, Wonwoo was looking into her camera. She don’t know if its by chance or he knew but either way she’s super happy. She quickly took some and posted previews on her fansite account on twitter and there’s so many retweets and likes already. Many quoted and said 

‘’Wow Wonwoo only looks into her camera today.’’ 

‘’Such nice photos’’ 

‘’I love your photos nim!!!”

Jaerin gets very happy when she see people liking her photos and after posting, she went to shower up. 

 

Seventeen was on the way back to the hotel too. They stopped by for late dinner just now and its free time in the van. Everyone was using their phones, looking at their own fansite previews including Wonwoo. Wonwoo was just specifically looking for one fansite, her. He made sure he only looked into her camera today so making it easier to find her account later. After 10minutes, he finally found it. He clicked on it, the account name was SUMMER LOVE and it had about 40K followers and he was shocked because he don’t remember seeing her at many events. The first time he saw her was probably 3days ago at the airport. He scrolled through and saw the last time she was active was during Adore U and Mansae era and she rested for a long period. 

‘’No wonder I have no recollection of her’’ He thought.

He clicked on one photo and the caption was ‘’My love for you is as hot as the summer’’ he smiled and save those photos along the way. He must admit her photos, angles, edits are all so good. She deserve to be a proper photographer. 

 

They all reached back the hotel and showered and rest. Next day was a free day for all of them. They can go wherever they want to.