three

i got love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Seokjin comes back again for dinner, he is alone. He orders a bowl of minestrone soup and waits quietly. He has no newspaper this time and instead glances around the café, his eyes scanning every nook and cranny of the café. Jisoo makes his bowl of soup sincerely, hoping that this time, her efforts of watching cooking videos late into the night and spending hours in the kitchen working on her dishes do not go to waste.

She gives the soup a last stir before pouring it into a bowl. She takes off her pink mittens that are way too big for her and places the pipping bowl of soup onto a serving tray. She grins toothily and she holds the tray in her hands, scurrying to her customer's table. Seokjin spots her goofy smile and can help but to the same at the sight of it. He instantly hides it once she arrives, placing the bowl in front of him. 

He looked at the bowl of soup, which delicious scent wafted through the café. It was much different from all the other meals that she made for him. He knew she tried her hardest for every dish, however they all didn't turn out particularly well - to put it nicely. But this time, this meal seemed different. It looked a lot better than most of the dishes she made and Seokjin would know, hvaing eaten her cooking everyday for the past 6 months. He grabs the spoon and tries it. He was right, it taste much different. Much better. It was a bit bland but it wasn't anything a little salt wouldn't fix. The warm soup made his heart feel cosy, like he was snuggling in a huge blanket that was Jisoo's arms. Upon tasting the dish, he glanced up at the chef, who was patiently standing next to him. 

"How's it?" Jisoo asked hopefully, her eyes twinkling.

Seokjin beams, raising two thumbs up at her. "It's good."

Jisoo feels a rush of elation through her veins and her grin widens. It was good. Finally, she made something that tasted good. Satisfied, she bowed lightly before excusing herself back to the kitchen. Only she couldn't make two steps towards the kitchen with Seokjin's arm holding on to her wrist. Confused, she turns around, only to see the doctor quickly letting go of her wrist. 

"Do you mind sitting with me?" he asks politely. "It's really lonely to eat by myself." She notices how he doesn't look at her and only stares ahead. He looks really suave and manly asking her like that but in reality, he was afraid of the rejection he could face and didn't hard look at her directly. His heart is trembling and he tries to hide his nervousness as much his can. It continues until Jisoo pulls out the seat across him and sits down. Seokjin feels a weight lifted off of his chest and smiles at her before resuming to drink his soup. Jisoo props her chin on her hands as she watches him eat. An awkward silence ensues and for a good 10 minutes, the café was filled with noises that only consisted of the Seokin's slurping and the sounds of the minute hand on the wall clock ticking by. Unable to take this deafening silence anymore, Jisoo breaks it.

"Why do you always eat alone? Where's your girlfriend?"

Furrowing his brows, Seokjin sets his spoon down and stares at Jisoo, "My girlfriend?"

Nonchalant, Jisoo explains with ease. "You know, that pretty girl from earlier in the afternoon."

Realising what she meant, he chuckled lightly before clarifying Jisoo's doubts. "That's my younger sister. She's be very happy to know that you called her pretty." At her mistake, Jisoo bites her fingers out of reflex and nods quickly. She grins sheepishly as she quickly apologises for her error. Despite her being ashamed of her misconception, inside her heart, she was glad that Jennie was his sister - she wouldn't know how to compete for Jin if she wasn't. Another slience ensues, with Jisoo being embarrassed by her previous mistake, she starts playing with her fingers, picking at the plaster she had stuck on earlier. She shoudn't have jumped to conclusions so quickly and trusted Namjoon. His 148 IQ is unbeatable when it comes to anything - even relationships. 

Jin breaks the slience this time, remembering an incident from before. "Jisoo." he calls and her head swings up immediately, focusing on him. "Earlier, I saw you cut your finger...If you don't take care of it well it could lead to infections." he explains while fishing out a tub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter