Episode 5: Love

Suspicious Partner | Season 2 (Rewrite in progress)

 

love

noun

an intense feeling of deep affection.

a deep romantic or ual attachment to someone.

.....

 

The bright sunlight filtering through the window slowly wakes No Ji Wook up. He sighs sleepily and rolls over, enjoying the lingering whispers of a fading dream. He feels the most well-rested he's been in a while. It's as if.....
 

He opens his eyes suddenly and looks at the spot next to him; but, it's empty.  He must have been dreaming he realizes with disappointment. He had been so exhausted last night after coming home in the wee hours of the morning that he had almost immediately crashed on his bed. But he could have sworn Bong Hee had been here. Whenever she stayed with him he always slept so well.

Maybe his exhausted mind had caused him to hallucinate. He rubs his head, still feeling groggy.  The sunlight looks especially bright this morning. Much brighter than usual. He stretches, enjoying the way the tension released from his muscles. God it felt so good to be able to sleep in.  

 

Sleep in?

No Ji Wook sits up in a panic. Christ, what time is it!? He's about ready to jump out of bed when he remembers with relief that it's Saturday. Technically, he was still on call but Prosecutor Cha had taken the early shift at the ops command today which meant he didn't have to go to the offices until a little later. For the first time in a while, he wasn't heading out the door at some ungodly hour.

If only Bong Hee were here, he thinks with a pang. He had texted her last night telling her not to wait for him since he didn't know how late he would be finished. She had replied back with a "Prosecutor No, Fighting!" and sent him a group selfie of the law firm crew out at dinner. He had smiled seeing her cheerful face and pocketed his phone feeling a little better. At least she wasn't all alone moping. 

Afterwards, he had been swamped at the crime scene and it wasn't until much later that he realized she had sent him a text letting him know she was home and wishing him a good night. He had traced the little heart she added at the end, then started the long drive back home.  

Perhaps that was why his dreams had been haunted by her. He gets up again, determined not to waste any more time this morning. Not when there is a woman to be won. First order of business is to get Bong Hee to move back in. She could be stubborn about things, but Ji Wook knew if he mounted a good campaign he could get her to surrender. And he planned to start right now.

He's off his bed and reaching for his bedroom door when it suddenly swings open, barely missing his nose.

"Oh! You're awake~"

Ji Wook stares  at first, unsure if he's still in the middle of a dream. The woman before him looks like she could have walked right out of his fantasies. Her long hair fell in soft waves that caught the gold of the morning light. As he continues to stare, her cheeks blush prettily. 

"I made you breakfast," she points out shyly and he snaps out of his daze to realizes she's holding a tray. The smell of burnt toast makes Ji Wook grin. He reaches over to lift the tray and set it aside, before pulling her into a tight hug.

"I missed you," he sighs, breathing in her sweet scent. She felt so good against him. So soft and warm. He peeks down and notices she's wearing one of his shirts.


And nothing else.

"Bong Hee..." he glances up, his eyes wide, "Were you...?  Did we...?" He wouldn't have forgotten if that had happened would he?
 

"You don't remember?" she asks with a twinkle in her eye. Images flash in his mind of bare skin and languid kisses in the dark. Was that part of his dream? Or was it real?

"Prosecutor No, do you need reminding?" she pouts, a naughty smile on her face. Slowly, she backs him to the bed then pushes him down. He lies there unresisting as she climbs over him, her eyes promising all sorts of misdeeds. Her soft hair falls around them in loose waves burnished by sunlight making his breath catch at the sheer beauty of her. God, he was so lucky. With a wry smile he pulls her down; ready to be her willing victim.

It isn't until much, much later that the breakfast tray gets any attention and by that point they both agree that cold, slightly burnt toast is not very appealing.

"How about I make breakfast this time?" Ji Wook offers. She agrees with a happy smile and he helps her up, stealing another kiss as he does so, before they both head down to the kitchen. He decides to make pancakes and pair them with some sunny-side up eggs. Her task, he tells her, is to stand right there and look pretty. 

"I'm a modern woman you know," she reminds him archly, "I can do more than look pretty."

"Sweetheart," he says as he cracks the eggs,  "If I ever need someone to bail me out in court I will let you do it. But for now, what I really, really want is for you to stay right there in that spot in front of the window. And do not move. Because, at this moment, there is nothing more beautiful than the way the sunlight is shining right through that shirt."

He grins as Bong Hee looks down with a gasp to realize he could see through everything. She narrows her eyes and gives him a look that promises retribution. But, he hadn't been lying. The way the sun shone through the windows and bathed her in sunlight is breathtaking. She is breathtaking. That smile and those curves. Her beautiful heart.

He risks letting the eggs burn as he pulls her close for a soft kiss. He would do anything for this woman. 

"Eun Bong Hee," he says solemnly, "Marry me. Stay by my side forever." 

S
he sighs sweetly. They are so close he can feel her breath mingle with his.
 

"Ok," she whispers. He pulls her in closer and takes another taste of those soft lips.

For the second time that morning breakfast gets ruined. The eggs are left to suffer the same fate as the abandoned toast (though Ji Wook does remember to turn off the stove). For long, long moments, the two lovers find that there is nothing else they need to be happy other than the joy and wonder of each other.